Author Topic: Photos of Jerusalem at the Turn of the 20th Century  (Read 713 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Photos of Jerusalem at the Turn of the 20th Century
« on: June 02, 2015, 01:50:53 AM »
I had this PowerPoint presentation sitting around on my hard-drive. It was sent to me by my aunt and uncle a few years ago.

http://laserquad.ddns.net/jtf/Jerusalem_Collection.pps

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Photos of Jerusalem at the Turn of the 20th Century
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:21:42 AM »
Alright, for those who didn't want to bother downloading the Powerpoint presentation (although I recommend you download it because it includes a lot more than just the images) I have just created a video of the images from the PP presentation (along with an audio track of Mordechai Ben David)....

Enjoy..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Photos of Jerusalem at the Turn of the 20th Century
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:33:31 AM »
I viewed the ppt. Some of the captions next to the photos point to the fact  there is no separation between the sexes. Not that I can tell any of them were taken while a prayer in minyan is taking place.