Author Topic: Trump 'very supportive' of daughter's conversion to Judaism  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Nevski

• Pro JTFer
  • Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Trump 'very supportive' of daughter's conversion to Judaism
« on: April 13, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »
Speaking at CNN town hall, Ivanka Trump speaks about her conversion to Judaism and her father's reaction.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/210843

Donald Trump’s “Jewish connection” has been raised numerous times during this year’s contentious GOP primary season. Trump’s Orthodox Jewish daughter, Ivanka, has found herself increasingly thrust into the limelight as her father looks to secure a majority in the upcoming New York Republican primary, thus sweeping the state’s 95 delegates.

But while Trump has made numerous references to his Jewish daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren, little has been said about how Ivanka’s conversion to Judaism affected her father.

In a rare glimpse into the Trump family during a CNN town hall meeting, Ivanka Trump discussed her decision to convert to Judaism and her father’s reaction.

The town hall featured Trump’s wife and children, highlighting a side of the Republican frontrunner often overshadowed by his larger-than-life public persona.

During the question and answer session, Joseph Cohen, a Columbia University student, asked Ivanka about her decision to convert, and her father’s reaction.

Ivanka noted her reticence on the subject, calling it a “personal” issue, but emphasized her father’s support for her decision.

“Well, it's such a personal decision,” she said. “I tend not to talk about it in a public forum.  But my father was very supportive.  He knows me.  He knows and he trusts my judgment.  When I make decisions, I make them in a well-reasoned way.  I don't rush into things. So I appreciate the support he gave me, because obviously these decisions are not taken lightly.  And it would have been much more hard if I had had headwinds, but he believes in me.” 

She also noted the close relationship between her father and her husband, Jared Kushner. Kushner is often cited as one of Trump’s de facto advisors on Israel. Trump’s recent AIPAC speech was heavily influenced by Kushner’s advice to the GOP frontrunner, Reuters recently reported.

“He loves my husband.  They're incredibly close, which I think was obviously helpful.  And he has been very supportive of me in that decision, as in many others that I've taken throughout the years.”
A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. - Ecclesiastes 3:8

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Trump 'very supportive' of daughter's conversion to Judaism
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 08:54:08 PM »
Bs propaganda they are trying to pander to Jewish voters with

Offline Nevski

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 12:20:58 AM »
I know, but it seems like she really converted to Judaism.
A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. - Ecclesiastes 3:8

Offline Nevski

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 12:30:46 AM »
And a bit straingh what you say because at the same page they post this about Cruz:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/210842#.Vw8csXF97nA

So who are they promoting? Or are they just telling the truth? A truth some people don't like to hear.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 01:55:26 AM »
And a bit straingh what you say because at the same page they post this about Cruz:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/210842#.Vw8csXF97nA

So who are they promoting? Or are they just telling the truth? A truth some people don't like to hear.

LOL are you seriously here trying to defend Trump and claim the media is behind Cruz because I pointed out some typical Trump self-promotion techniques?   I don't care what A7's intentions were. I haven't followed their site closely enough to even glean where they stand on the presidential issue.  I know in their opinion pieces they have had many clowns writing articles pumping trump, but that still doesn't mean the paper itself supports him. Maybe they don't. And again, I don't care.

So let me spell it out for you, champ.   The article by A7 is reporting on what Trump and his daughter said.  They really did say those things.  Yes the article is truthful in reporting to us that they got in front of audiences, full of Jewish voters (remember that "Jewish money" Donald said he didn't want?) and reeled off some meaningless propaganda about how much Donald supported the conversion of his daughter.  It panders to the Jewish voter need to feel "loved."   The American Jew needs to say "Oh yes, he really loves us!"  an exile mentality and attitude that Rabbi Kahane ridiculed as worthless.   

My criticism, in this case, was for Trump and his daughter, not A7 who reported on their shenanigans!

but it seems like she really converted to Judaism.

Was this news to you?   Were you living under a rock?    That was years ago.   

Now I'm not going to comment on the conversion because I'm afraid of sinning with my words in that subject area.  I will simply leave it alone.

To go in front of audience and say, "I really supported my daughter becoming a Jew" and her saying "My father supported my decision and loves my Jewish husband very much"   

Ok read those statements and tell me there is any other purpose than to say "   We love Jewish people, you Jews gotta support us, my daughter became a Jew and I said Yea great right on!   So you see Jews I'm good for the Jews"

Tell me it's not propaganda pure and simple.   There is simply no other purpose to even bring up the subject.    More empty slogans and empty self-promotion which Trump has been doing this entire campaign.

So now tell me what "truth" did I (and these "some people" you speak of) not like to hear, which A7 told?  smh.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 02:09:04 AM »
The truth that the Trumps are glossing over with these remarks claiming how much they love Jews, is that Trump said Israel has to make sacrifices if it wants peace, he will push for a deal with the arab nazi terrorists, he thinks there is not peace because Israel unwilling to sacrifice, he will make them sacrifice, he supported and gave money all the Jew hating politicians like Hillary, he "can't just tear up the Iran deal"

Actions are what matters, his lying words are meaningless.    He does not support the Jewish homeland.    This whole "Lyin' Ted" meme that they spread around through their cult-followers is the most obvious case of projection in human history.   Psychologists should add it to their textbooks.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 02:47:27 AM »
I am not at ease that Trump's de facto chief expert on Israel and "emissary to the Jews" is that Jared Kushner guy. It is obvious that he is not particularly strong on these issues. He has to be balanced somewhere between Likud and Avoda. And of course he shares the same "New York Values" as Trump. Basically a monkey would be a better adviser on Israel then some rich semi assimilated New York Jew.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
Suddenly why everybody has become a friend of the Jews.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 04:34:13 PM »
Did she convert to get married to a Jew; or did she convert because she realized the truth was Judaism and Torah?

I have my doubts it is the latter, but not a 100% doubt since she did go through a conversion through the beit din and keeps shabbat and probably kashrut.  And keeping shabbat is hard to do.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 04:12:43 AM »
I know, but it seems like she really converted to Judaism.

She did a quickie conversion with an open-orthodox (reform) "Rabbi". She isn't Jewish in Israel, or in the world to come. Every reform shul probably welcomes her.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 12:06:37 PM »
My rabbi said she's Jewish. My rabbi is a member of the RCA and he said if anyone questions her conversion, tell them that it was supervised by Rabbi Shachter.

The RCA is the Rabbinical arm of the OU.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 12:15:27 PM »
She did a quickie conversion with an open-orthodox (reform) "Rabbi". She isn't Jewish in Israel, or in the world to come. Every reform shul probably welcomes her.

It was not done by fake orthodoxy or reform.   

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 10:10:17 AM »
It was not done by fake orthodoxy or reform.   

YES, it was. No conversion goes that fast, and the Rabbi who did it is open orthodox.

Rabbi Elie Weinstock

http://www.yctorah.org/content/view/868/17/

http://rabbielieweinstock.blogspot.ca/2014/01/it-is-privilege-to-be-colleague-of.html

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 04:57:21 PM »
YES, it was. No conversion goes that fast, and the Rabbi who did it is open orthodox.

Rabbi Elie Weinstock

http://rabbielieweinstock.blogspot.ca/2014/01/it-is-privilege-to-be-colleague-of.html

Rca is against open orthodox.   We now have 2 people in same thread saying two different entities performed the conversion.  Can we get confirmation on who did it?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 05:00:27 PM »

Rabbi Elie Weinstock

Also the two links you posted show this fellow giving credibility to avi weiss, which itself is wrong, but still does not mean this fellow is open orthodoxy (weiss is).   He calling him a hero, while stupid, does not mean he shares his theology.

Also while open orthodoxy is a deviant movement if one of their rabbis performs conversion I'm not sure there is any law against it, is there?

Offline Chiram

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 05:16:01 PM »
It isn't surprising, after all Trump's daughter and Clinton's daughter have long been best of friends.

(They probably wanted to marry Jewish guys because they have a reputation for being nice, not sexual predators like their fathers.)

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 06:30:15 PM »
Judeaism is just as Conservative in values as Christianity, when doctrine of the Lord is strictly obeyed....I doubt his daughter would really do this. 

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 08:47:48 PM »
Also the two links you posted show this fellow giving credibility to avi weiss, which itself is wrong, but still does not mean this fellow is open orthodoxy (weiss is).   He calling him a hero, while stupid, does not mean he shares his theology.

Also while open orthodoxy is a deviant movement if one of their rabbis performs conversion I'm not sure there is any law against it, is there?

They don't do conversions by halacha. Just look at the Trump girl today. In the quicky conversion she did, she never realized she had to accept the mitzvah of modesty to become an actual Jew.

Also, any claims the "Rabbi" has at being Orthodox through his employment at a modern orthodox shul are devoted to promoting open "orthodox" nonsense:

Just last week, we h
eard Rabbi Asher Lopatin addr
ess the idea of being Open
Orthodox. Last Saturday night, radi
o talk show host Zev Brenner
hosted a debate between Rabbi
Shmuel Goldin and Rabbi Lopatin regarding
Open Orthodoxy. He said he had invited a
representative of the Agudah – th
e ultra-Orthodox group -
to participate. The individual declined
since the Agudah doesn’t recogni
ze Open Orthodoxy as Orthodox. Really!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.shulcloud.com/727/uploads/sermons/REW/Shemot5774JustJudaism.pdf

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »
It isn't surprising, after all Trump's daughter and Clinton's daughter have long been best of friends.

(They probably wanted to marry Jewish guys because they have a reputation for being nice, not sexual predators like their fathers.)

Lol so true