Poll

I'm Just Curious to Know What the Demographics Are Among Our Members!

Add you own #'s
21 (72.4%)
estimations are ok
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What is your Height? Weight??  (Read 110784 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What is your Height? Weight?
« Reply #350 on: August 30, 2008, 09:24:08 PM »
Lets see who is the Jewish tank.  8;)

I am around 180-183.  O0
pounds or centimeters?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #351 on: September 05, 2008, 01:55:21 AM »
I am 5 ' 6 1/4" tall and there is no way Im telling my weight, until I join the gym and work out 5 times a week!!!!  ;D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #352 on: September 05, 2008, 01:58:25 AM »
I am 5 ' 6 1/4" tall and there is no way Im telling my weight, until I join the gym and work out 5 times a week!!!!  ;D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
It's Great to have to back on the forum Hanna...  O0
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:30:14 AM by Dan »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #353 on: September 05, 2008, 02:16:02 AM »

I don't know much about working to lose weight,

I suppose running and cycling machines are excellent

I noticed some running and cycling machines with a pulse detector , you put your hands on the bars and it measures your heartbeat.   This looks very good to me, because I wouldn't want to work the heart too hard.

This lets you -keep an eye on it-.

Judging purely by what I recall from the label on the machine.  Burning Calories can/should be done at a relatively low heart rate.. No more than like 140 beats per minute are necessary.

I haven't researched this, but I would suggest that if it gets too high, take a break. Come back.
You would come back, because the idea is not to kill yourself, meaning, metaphorically too, not to work yourself till you're red in the face.  So don't let your heart beat get too high, and then you probably won't be doing anything that would put you off coming back. And you won't be endangering your health.

Alot of people get a test at the gym where they are made to run like hell on a running machine (under supervision) to test the limits of their fitness.   Don't make the mistake of thinking that exercise should be like that.

If walking/running outdoors, I'm sure I once saw a device, a little thing that straps onto the wrist, that measures your heart beat and beeps if it goes above a certain number , so it paces you.

I would add..  Get an idea of when your heart beat is higher than you are comfortable with, you would feel it, you would know.  And look at what the machine measures your heart beat as. And don't exceed that. If you do then come off the machine until your heartbeat lowers.. I reckon that with burning calories, it's more about how much you do than how hard you push yourself.
And if you pace yourself, not making yourself red in the face, then you can get alot of exercise in and remain comfortable. And take breaks from time to time.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:35:55 AM by q_q_ »

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #354 on: September 05, 2008, 07:44:37 AM »
You want to work out to obtain your Target Heart Rate. THR is obtained by the following formula. 220-age x .75. You can also Google Target Heart Rate and you can find a bunch of online calculators
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #355 on: September 05, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »
You want to work out to obtain your Target Heart Rate. THR is obtained by the following formula. 220-age x .75. You can also Google Target Heart Rate and you can find a bunch of online calculators

(220-age)*0.75  <-- as you suggest

that would be  75% of estimated MHR

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Myth-Of-Maximum-Heart-Rate-=-220-Age&id=678707
The Myth Of "Maximum Heart Rate = 220-Age"

Apparently the charts on exercise machines use that method.

I suppose it's a good guide.. for the average person.  The heartrate I came to by just feeling what I was comfortable with is about the same as that calculation gave, just a bit less.

The chart on the machine showed a graph of heart rate to age. And the graph was coloured to show which exercise zone one would be training in given whatever heart rate.

Going by feeling though, im' not sure how that would be for a 60 year old..

It's interesting that a person of say 20  , your calc(which is a standard one) gives a result(75% estimated MHR) of 150

A person aged 60 , your calc gives 120. 
So more than that they should be careful..

It makes me wonder..  Would a heart beat of 120bpm, when 60 years old, feel the same intensity as -that- 120bpm heartrate in a 20 year old? 
A heart rate of 145, at 20 , I think one would feel it. But a 20 year old would not -really feel- a heartrate of 120.
Would that suggest that a man of 60 if his heart is thumping at the same rate as a 20 year old, e.g. 145, he could be sacrificing his health, but he would feel the same. His heart rate would be lightly thumping at the same level/intensity.

I've never done much cardio or aerobic exercise.

I did have a friend that did weights and liked to talk about it. But I don't know much about cardio or aerobic exercise.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What is your Height? Weight? Eye Color? Driver's License #?
« Reply #356 on: September 05, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »
Ok, who's the wise guy!?
      Who changed the Thread Name? Why?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #357 on: September 05, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »
Ok, who's the wise guy!?

Me :-[

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #358 on: September 05, 2008, 05:35:29 PM »
Ok, who's the wise guy!?

Me :-[

I am just joking I did not change it

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
Re: What is your Height? Weight??
« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2008, 10:58:49 PM »
AH,are you bein childish again?     ::)
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2008, 11:02:02 PM »
AH,are you bein childish again?     ::)

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2008, 11:03:47 PM »
You very rucky guy. My laptop drive crashed and I am cruising off an old server tonight until I can get the new drive in. Don't have access to all my images.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2008, 11:04:58 PM »
You very rucky guy. My laptop drive crashed and I am cruising off an old server tonight until I can get the new drive in. Don't have access to all my images.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #363 on: September 06, 2008, 11:06:26 PM »
Just wait, new SATA drive is 320GB.  That's a lotta responses to you.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #364 on: September 06, 2008, 11:07:45 PM »
Just wait, new SATA drive is 320GB.  That's a lotta responses to you.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #365 on: September 07, 2008, 12:19:25 AM »

:)

Thankyou.......

It's Great to have to back on the forum Hanna...  O0
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #366 on: September 07, 2008, 12:20:40 AM »
Well, Im not overwieght, I could lose 10 or 20 pounds, but getting toned up was more like what I was talking about.....I had someone actually tell me recently I am tall and thin..... :::D

I noticed some running and cycling machines with a pulse detector , you put your hands on the bars and it measures your heartbeat.   This looks very good to me, because I wouldn't want to work the heart too hard.

This lets you -keep an eye on it-.

Judging purely by what I recall from the label on the machine.  Burning Calories can/should be done at a relatively low heart rate.. No more than like 140 beats per minute are necessary.

I haven't researched this, but I would suggest that if it gets too high, take a break. Come back.
You would come back, because the idea is not to kill yourself, meaning, metaphorically too, not to work yourself till you're red in the face.  So don't let your heart beat get too high, and then you probably won't be doing anything that would put you off coming back. And you won't be endangering your health.

Alot of people get a test at the gym where they are made to run like hell on a running machine (under supervision) to test the limits of their fitness.   Don't make the mistake of thinking that exercise should be like that.

If walking/running outdoors, I'm sure I once saw a device, a little thing that straps onto the wrist, that measures your heart beat and beeps if it goes above a certain number , so it paces you.

I would add..  Get an idea of when your heart beat is higher than you are comfortable with, you would feel it, you would know.  And look at what the machine measures your heart beat as. And don't exceed that. If you do then come off the machine until your heartbeat lowers.. I reckon that with burning calories, it's more about how much you do than how hard you push yourself.
And if you pace yourself, not making yourself red in the face, then you can get alot of exercise in and remain comfortable. And take breaks from time to time.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #367 on: September 07, 2008, 12:25:58 AM »

I noticed some running and cycling machines with a pulse detector , ...........

Well, Im not overwieght, I could lose 10 or 20 pounds, but getting toned up was more like what I was talking about.....I had someone actually tell me recently I am tall and thin..... :::D

Hanna, when quoting somebody you should write below the quote.

trying to lose pounds is working to lose weight.

getting "toned up" means losing fat and maybe building muscle a bit.

that's cycling machines , running machines.

they are good for cardio, and fat burning

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #368 on: September 07, 2008, 06:17:51 AM »

I noticed some running and cycling machines with a pulse detector , ...........

Hanna, when quoting somebody you should write below the quote.

trying to lose pounds is working to lose weight.

getting "toned up" means losing fat and maybe building muscle a bit.

that's cycling machines , running machines.

they are good for cardio, and fat burning

OK   :)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #369 on: September 07, 2008, 10:22:48 PM »
6'1 and still growing.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #370 on: September 07, 2008, 10:23:31 PM »

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
« Reply #373 on: September 08, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »
6'2 170, yep rail-thin LoL

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #374 on: September 08, 2008, 09:50:23 PM »