Author Topic: Decent Hollywood Movies!  (Read 11855 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Decent Hollywood Movies!
« on: September 12, 2007, 12:09:44 AM »
Do you guys think that Hollywood has ever made any decent, non-leftist films, or at least films that stay clear of politics altogether.  If so, what are some of your favorites?  I love mafia films like Goodfellas as well as a good comedy and horror film.  Thoughts?

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Decent Hollywood Movies!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:17:20 AM »
Forrest Gump had historical and political events but I don't think it was supposed to be political.  What do you think of that movie.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:23:42 AM »
Goodfellas?  A filthy piece of...

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:35:17 AM »
Forrest Gump had historical and political events but I don't think it was supposed to be political.  What do you think of that movie.

I actually love that movie.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 01:04:42 AM »
I love Exodus and Cast a Giant Shadow
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 01:09:07 AM »
What's your opinion of "The Ten Commandments" film and does it have inaccurate content?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 01:53:16 AM »
I love Goodfellas and Forrest Gump, I also liked Superman the return, check it out.  Indiana Jones all of em were great.  I wanted to see the Transformers yea that  I just love that kind of effects being that I work in graphics and that is computer simulated,, but during the summer when it came out I had the saga with my uncle so I'll wait.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 01:58:35 AM »

300 was fantastic, a masculine film about strength, and standing your ground against incredible odds, and kicking arabs' a5s even before Islam was invented.  :D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:26:35 PM by NewYorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 02:05:00 AM »
Somebody here mentioned the movie the Ten Commandments, starring Charlton Heston, made in the mid 1950's.  That happens to be my favorite movie of all time.  When I used to watch it as a teenager, I was genuinely inspired, dreaming of communicating with G-d and being as great as Moses was.

Unfortunately, the movie has some pretty glaring inaccuracies.  For one thing, the real Moses stuttered, and was the most humble man to ever walk the face of the Earth.  The Torah says as much.  Yet Moses according to Charlton Heston was this manly stud with a deep, commanding voice who was quite the womanizer. 

Nevertheless, the movie did get most of the Torah's account of the birth of our nation right, and the level of acting talent in that movie was phenomenal.  I would say it is the ultimate politically conservative movie, as it was clearly pro-Torah, and the whole basis of conservative thought is the Torah itself.

If any of you have not seen it, please see it.  Yes it is a very long movie, and yes, the special effects are pretty primtive compared to today's standards, but it really is a kind of life-changing experience just immersing oneself fully when watching that movie.

I was going to talk about two other movies that I put in the stratosphere of my favorite all-time movies, but figure I better keep this one focused on that one movie, The Ten Commandments. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 02:17:38 AM »
The Shawshank Redemption is a great movie.

Tim Robbins recently said some awful things about the US military.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 02:30:05 AM »
That is because Tim Robbins is a left-wing liberal lunatic.  Central to their beliefs is to trash America every step of the way.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 02:45:40 AM »
I just saw 3:10 to Yuma

It was insanely bad garbage, a real disappointment

Joe Schmo

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 03:46:05 AM »
Slingblade.

Offline Alexander

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 03:51:15 AM »
I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek. I love all the films and do some collecting. I think they have classic moral themes, good vs. evil and redemption.

newman

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 04:04:46 AM »
Open Range with Kevin Costner & Robert Duvall.

This film is THE greatest western of all time AND it has absollute, unambiguous moral clarity. Such a change from the morally ambiguous drek slopped out by Hollywood these last 30+ years.

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 08:39:46 AM »
I agree with a few of those mentioned here already. 300 was an excellant movie. The sheer masculinity of the men was worth a watch. :)
I also agree with Newman on Open Range. That is one of my favorites.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 11:51:35 AM »
The Ten Commandments
Boondock Saints
Citizen X
Fargo
The Bourne trilogy
Indiana Jones trilogy
The Dinner Game (French)
Life is Beautiful (Italian)
Exodus
Von Ryan's Express
Jaws (even though I hate Spielberg)
Seven Years in Tibet
Lake Placid
Cool Hand Luke
James Bond movies

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 05:02:44 PM »
I'm a fan of quite a few of these films.  Forrest Gump is great.  I do enjoy Spielberg's non-political works like Jaws and Indiana Jones (looking forward to part 4 which they're filming now).  Shawshank is a fantastic film, regardless of Tim Robbin's leanings.  I also enjoy the Rocky film series, and Rambo wasn't bad as well (if you can believe it, they're making another one of these too, the trailer is on youtube and it looks pretty decent).  As for comedies, how about Caddyshack, Beverly Hills Cop, Midnight Run.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 02:45:49 PM »
The chutzpah on you people! I don't think anyone mentioned The Godfather 1 and/or 2?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 05:02:15 PM »
Has anybody watched V  for Vendetta?

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »
Isn't V for Vendetta a movie with that pretty Israeli actress?  I do not recall her name at the moment, but she is sooo sexy when she speaks Hebrew.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 06:10:20 PM »
   I'll have to dig up my complaints about V for Vendetta since it's been a while since I saw it and posted about it.

I'm not exactly sure what "The brave one" is about, but I saw a trailer about thugs attacking an old lady on the subway and then she took a gun out. The Bernard Goetz type of self defense is something I see as heroic. I hope the movie does not deliver a bad message about defending yourself.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 06:16:17 PM »
The obvious movie to see that does honor vigilante justice is Death Wish (1974, the first one) starring the late great Jewish actor, Charles Bronson.  It is one of the most influential movies I ever saw, as it helped me become a Republican.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 06:22:39 PM »

I still get a bit teary eyed at the end of this movie. When I first saw it at the theatre, not a dry eye in the place. Now I must go watch a football game and reclaim my manhood. ;)
No peace, without FREEDOM.

newman

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 06:31:24 PM »
The obvious movie to see that does honor vigilante justice is Death Wish (1974, the first one) starring the late great Jewish actor, Charles Bronson.  It is one of the most influential movies I ever saw, as it helped me become a Republican.

That film turned out to be prophetic when Bernard Goetz did 'the right thing' on NYC's subway system. The film showed the mindshift of a typical NYC, sniveling, liberal idiot to a righteous conservative.

Of coarse in reality a liberal is too insane and morally convoluted to do any such thing. A real-life liberal would watch as his wife and children were raped and murdered by savages and then blame society and the lack of government spending.

The other completely unrealistic aspect of that film was that the muggers who killed his family were all white! What are the odds?