Author Topic: "Abir" = The Jewish Martial art .  (Read 6168 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
"Abir" = The Jewish Martial art .
« on: September 18, 2007, 12:21:20 PM »
From the Abir site :
"As the needs of our peoples survival changed with the onslaught of domestication, industry and commerce in the modern world it became more and more difficult to simply retain our beliefs and customs as well as preserving the ancient Hebrew and Aramaic languages that we used in ancient times.
As our faith in The Creator and the observance of His Torah and its laws and devotion to prayer and scholarship took precedence within the Jewish communities in the Diaspora our knowledge of Abir diminished with each passing generation.

Jews were held in contempt under the watchful suspicious eyes of their host nations who often sought to control them by limiting their mobility within the confines of a ghetto.

Jews were commonly denied the right to bear arms or own land and curfews were often enforced upon them.

Collectively congregating to train in Abir® or any form of Jewish combat arts would have been seen as incitement to overthrow their hosts and an invitation to collective genocide. That occurred often in our history without any provocation. These harsh conditions were mirrored in Jewish Communities across Europe as well as in Asia from the step and throughout the Middle East and Africa.

Bits and pieces of Abir® warrior arts were preserved to a greater degree by the more exotic and distant Israelite communities. Hasidic dances of Ukrainian Jews as well as similar steps and maneuvers by their brothers in Yemen and Kurdish mountain Jews testify to a common warlike sequence
"
http://www.abirwarriorarts.com/history1.htm

Abir video :

What do you think ?
I should ask Chaim about it .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 01:34:35 PM by Scriabin »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: "Abir" = The Jewish Material art .
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 12:27:20 PM »
From the Abir site :
"As the needs of our peoples survival changed with the onslaught of domestication, industry and commerce in the modern world it became more and more difficult to simply retain our beliefs and customs as well as preserving the ancient Hebrew and Aramaic languages that we used in ancient times.
As our faith in The Creator and the observance of His Torah and its laws and devotion to prayer and scholarship took precedence within the Jewish communities in the Diaspora our knowledge of Abir diminished with each passing generation.

Jews were held in contempt under the watchful suspicious eyes of their host nations who often sought to control them by limiting their mobility within the confines of a ghetto.

Jews were commonly denied the right to bear arms or own land and curfews were often enforced upon them.

Collectively congregating to train in Abir® or any form of Jewish combat arts would have been seen as incitement to overthrow their hosts and an invitation to collective genocide. That occurred often in our history without any provocation. These harsh conditions were mirrored in Jewish Communities across Europe as well as in Asia from the step and throughout the Middle East and Africa.

Bits and pieces of Abir® warrior arts were preserved to a greater degree by the more exotic and distant Israelite communities. Hasidic dances of Ukrainian Jews as well as similar steps and maneuvers by their brothers in Yemen and Kurdish mountain Jews testify to a common warlike sequence
"

Abir video :

What do you think ?
Interesting is the person a Black
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 12:33:18 PM »
I say that site before, he has some kool videos on youtube also. He's famous in Israel I hear.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 12:38:57 PM »
From the Abir site :

"

Abir video :

What do you think ?
Interesting is the person a Black
The family that started, or revived, Abir is from Yemen.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 01:01:22 PM »
Oh so it's a white semite
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 01:05:30 PM »
Kong fu rabbi  :D
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

ftf

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 01:06:45 PM »
It looks kinda cool.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
Re: "Abir" = The Jewish Martial art .
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »
I just watched all their videos a few days ago.

This user has posted a lot of vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/habbani

I also saw this thing on tv the other night called 'the Human Weapon' which is a martial arts tv in the USA where in each episode 2 guys travel to some remote location to study a different martial art.

In this episode, they traveled to Israel to train Krav Maga with the most elite units in the IDF.  They also trained at Masada on cliff tops with one of the top Krav instructors who runs an outdoor school near there...

It was awesome, and I was sort of surprised that the show spoke highly about Israel and it's fighters, because it is rare to see tough Jews get any credit on any show on American tv.

You might want to check this out too:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+human+weapon+krav&search=Search

It has some portions of the episode.

newman

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 10:33:19 PM »
All the martial arts we know today came from the shaolin temple in China. But it came to them from an Indian monk who traveled there. I wonder if HE got it from the Jews.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 10:44:27 PM »
Interesting.  It looks very similar to some of the asian martial arts.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »
Interesting.  It looks very similar to some of the asian martial arts.

I need to look at the time period of that Indian, budhist monk's life and Jewish movement through diaspora to see if there's a connection.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 01:29:12 AM »
All the martial arts we know today came from the shaolin temple in China. But it came to them from an Indian monk who traveled there. I wonder if HE got it from the Jews.

I doubt it.  All martial arts come from Asia.  He just learned the martial arts and "judized" it.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

newman

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 01:32:07 AM »

I doubt it.  All martial arts come from Asia.  He just learned the martial arts and "judized" it.

" Jew-jitsu or Oy Vey Do" :laugh:

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 02:32:54 AM »
Yuk it up if you like but the Habbani Jewish warriors were feared warriors in the Arab world. This guy comes from a Habbani family.

The Habbani Jews were paid mercenaries and possesed what they claimed as ancient Israelite fighting secrets.

That is historic fact.

Jews were not always Woody Allen types, you know?
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 02:38:27 AM »
Yuk it up if you like but the Habbani Jewish warriors were feared warriors in the Arab world. This guy comes from a Habbani family.

The Habbani Jews were paid mercenaries and possesed what they claimed as ancient Israelite fighting secrets.

That is historic fact.

Jews were not always Woody Allen types, you know?

Whoa! That's not what I meant.

Just a play on words.

I know full well that it took 4 times as many Roman Legions to put down the Jewish uprising as it took to conquer the whole of Europe.

I forget the ratio, but I know the Jews thrashed the Greeks when outnumbered several fold.

I also know that Jewish slaves were THE most expensive in the Roman slave markets because of their brawn. They were the biggest and strongest you could get.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 02:43:02 AM »
During the Bar Kokhba revolt, the Jews in Alexandria rose up and slaughtered their Egyptian Nazi neighbors.

1900 years of exile turned most Jews into woody Allens but we're on our way back to our days of old as Jeremiah said.

It may take another 60 years, but we're on our way.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 02:49:41 AM »
During the Bar Kokhba revolt, the Jews in Alexandria rose up and slaughtered their Egyptian Nazi neighbors.

1900 years of exile turned most Jews into woody Allens but we're on our way back to our days of old as Jeremiah said.

Imagine how the arabs feel after expecting 'Woody Allen' and getting Samson?.....And getting it FOUR times.....OUTNUMBERED. :laugh:

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 05:17:50 AM »
Yes Macabean; Juda Machabeus the God's Hammer; I played the Machabean Judean Kingdom in RTR PC game; I kicked ass of Egyptians, Nabatean Arabs, and Armenians but in the end I was overun by Romans and Parthains; my army was to absolute to fight legionares and cataphracti but very brave and disciplined; And back to Jew-jitsu and such; The best jewish weapon is UZI or Tavor in Heand; I don't belive in eastern misticall mambo-jambo all this "superior spirytual" far eastern nations were conquered by men with primitive smooth borne muskets.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

newman

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 05:23:52 AM »
And back to Jew-jitsu and such; The best jewish weapon is UZI or Tavor in Heand; I don't belive in eastern misticall mambo-jambo all this "superior spirytual" far eastern nations were conquered by men with primitive smooth borne muskets.   

I agree. Anger doesn't muck up my 'spiritual centre'. It makes even more bad-@ss. Anything that takes 6 years of intense training to master is useless to a soldier. Old fashion empty-hand killing of Captain Fairburn as taught to commandos over a few weeks in WW2 are still the most practical IMO.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 05:47:35 AM »
And back to Jew-jitsu and such; The best jewish weapon is UZI or Tavor in Heand; I don't belive in eastern misticall mambo-jambo all this "superior spirytual" far eastern nations were conquered by men with primitive smooth borne muskets.   

I agree. Anger doesn't muck up my 'spiritual centre'. It makes even more bad-@ss. Anything that takes 6 years of intense training to master is useless to a soldier. Old fashion empty-hand killing of Captain Fairburn as taught to commandos over a few weeks in WW2 are still the most practical IMO.

Exactly it's like with all this noble knight trained for years and equiped with expensive armour and killed by pesant with crossbow or commoner with halberd; Every of this experts can killed by bullet fired by a kid or woman ; some martial art shoud be implemented but only to help focus free and refine the instinct to kill; without it you're dead in real fight.   

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 07:50:45 AM »

You meant Greeks and Egyptians .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 07:52:18 AM »
Yes Macabean; Juda Machabeus the G-d's Hammer; I played the Machabean Judean Kingdom in RTR PC game; I kicked donkey of Egyptians, Nabatean Arabs, and Armenians but in the end I was overun by Romans and Parthains; my army was to absolute to fight legionares and cataphracti but very brave and disciplined; And back to Jew-jitsu and such; The best jewish weapon is UZI or Tavor in Heand; I don't belive in eastern misticall mambo-jambo all this "superior spirytual" far eastern nations were conquered by men with primitive smooth borne muskets.   
OH you mean 77 B.C.E. mode (or something like that) ? it never worked for me !!!!! :'( :'(

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 08:09:33 AM »
Yes Macabean; Juda Machabeus the G-d's Hammer; I played the Machabean Judean Kingdom in RTR PC game; I kicked donkey of Egyptians, Nabatean Arabs, and Armenians but in the end I was overun by Romans and Parthains; my army was to absolute to fight legionares and cataphracti but very brave and disciplined; And back to Jew-jitsu and such; The best jewish weapon is UZI or Tavor in Heand; I don't belive in eastern misticall mambo-jambo all this "superior spirytual" far eastern nations were conquered by men with primitive smooth borne muskets.   
OH you mean 77 B.C.E. mode (or something like that) ? it never worked for me !!!!! :'( :'(

Yes that's it; Fall of the Republic - Rise of the Empire (FRRE); rightly named  ;) you have posses BI oficial addon to play this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46 check this forum they have many mods addons and tech help to this game.

Love your Enemy

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 08:14:48 AM »

Yes that's it; Fall of the Republic - Rise of the Empire (FRRE); rightly named  ;) you have posses BI oficial addon to play this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46 check this forum they have many mods addons and tech help to this game.
Can I play it on RTR platinium ? the original RTR never works for me .
Maybe it can't work on RTR platinium ...

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »

Can I play it on RTR platinium ? the original RTR never works for me .
Maybe it can't work on RTR platinium ...

Platinium is patched already to 1.6 so it shoud work; check the thread for details though.

Love your Enemy