Author Topic: Are the Ethiopians really Jewish?  (Read 5221 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Are the Ethiopians really Jewish?
« on: July 07, 2019, 09:07:05 AM »
I don't think so because there is too many holes in their story!!!
Why is their Torah which they call Orit in Geez & not in Hebrew?
Why did they have absolutely no knowledge of Hebrew whatsoever until coming to Israel?
Why didn't they have Chanukah & Purim?
Why don't they have Talmud?
Why don't they have Shulchan Aruch,Ben Ish Chai,Rambam or any other halachic works?
Why are there no Jewish sources for their fairy tale of the Queen of Sheba & King Shlomo having a son called Menelik?
If that is their claim it would contradict another claim that they came from Dan because King Shlomo was from Yehuda!!!
Too many holes in their narrative!!!!!!
Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:11:02 PM by ChabadKahanist »

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Are the Ethiopians really Jewish?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 12:32:40 PM »
I don't see how they can be Jews without Hebrew and the Oral Torah.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 06:01:37 AM by Hrvatski Noahid »
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 12:38:46 PM »
Besides Rav Ovadio any other Rabbanim conciser them Jewish?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 12:43:47 PM »
Besides Rav Ovadio any other Rabbanim conciser them Jewish?
Rav Goren besides those 2 the majority do not consider them Jews without a giyur

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 12:59:12 AM »
Sometimes I think they allow them in Israel, so that Self-hating leftist jews can feel good about it.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 01:34:22 PM »
The late Rabbi Ovadia Yosef deemed them to be Jews.  (Not sure of the proof).

Unfortunately, the secular Israelis have a law that if one is born of a Jewish Grandfather, they can be "jews" and make aliya.  So it made them happy to integrate nonWhite Jews into Israeli society.

Some ethiopians are great religious Jews and contribute to society, while others, like the rioters are worse than animals and should be kicked out of the country..has nothing to do with their race or ethnicity.

Just as there are bad ethiopian "Jews" there are plenty of bad ashkenazi and sephardic jews.  Don't make this a racial thing...you would be falling into the trap of creating a bigger civil war.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 04:12:32 PM »
Unfortunately, the secular Israelis have a law that if one is born of a Jewish Grandfather, they can be "jews" and make aliya.

I wasn't aware that this is becoming so watered down.  This is disturbing.   :o

And btw, Ethiopian's 'Jews' don't typically have a Jewish Grandfather.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 04:24:55 PM »

Unfortunately, the secular Israelis have a law that if one is born of a Jewish Grandfather, they can be "jews" and make aliya.  So it made them happy to integrate nonWhite Jews into Israeli society.

Some ethiopians are great religious Jews and contribute to society, while others, like the rioters are worse than animals and should be kicked out of the country..has nothing to do with their race or ethnicity.

Just as there are bad ethiopian "Jews" there are plenty of bad ashkenazi and sephardic jews.  Don't make this a racial thing...you would be falling into the trap of creating a bigger civil war.
I am not making a racial thing at all but Rav Ovadia was a daas yachid as most poskim hold that they do need giyur & without giyur they are not halachically Jews among them Rav Moshe Feinstein & Rav Yosef Shalom Eliyashiv.
Those that did giyur are amongst the finest Jews as are the so called Bnai Menashe from India who likewise must do giyur.
A large number of Russians also must do giyur due to intermarriage unless they have solid proof that their mother is Jewish.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 04:30:25 PM »
I am not making a racial thing at all but Rav Ovadia was a daas yachid as most poskim hold that they do need giyur & without giyur they are not halachically Jews among them Rav Moshe Feinstein & Rav Yosef Shalom Eliyashiv.
Those that did giyur are amongst the finest Jews as are the so called Bnai Menashe from India who likewise must do giyur.
A large number of Russians also must do giyur due to intermarriage unless they have solid proof that their mother is Jewish.

I agree this is necessary for the "Lost Tribes" of Jews.  I"m sure at some point some American Jews of reform/conservative "Jewish" lineage will need the same in a few generation (if they return to proper Judaism).
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 04:34:55 PM »
I agree this is necessary for the "Lost Tribes" of Jews.  I"m sure at some point some American Jews of reform/conservative "Jewish" lineage will need the same in a few generation (if they return to proper Judaism).
Agreed but Reform may already need it now because of patrilineal descent.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 04:57:13 PM »

I don't think it's fair to pre-judge people based upon skin color. 

But lineage is important to all indigenous people, not just to Jews.  Elizabeth Warren can't go live on a reservation no matter how much she pretends to be Native American, because she's European.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 05:33:49 PM »
Pretty much everyone that came after 1992 is not jewish from birth. I think most have supposedly undergone some sort of "conveyor belt" conversion in the Ethiopia.
Allot of rabbis don't consider that process as valid. I too from a non-religious point of view see this type of migration as problematic.

It's very ungrateful to blame Israel and accuse "white" Israelis of being racist after everything all the resources and the effort that Israel has invested in bringing them in and helping them integrate. And The fact is
allot of them integrate well enough. I don't think the riots reflect the dominant attitude of Ethiopians in Israel.

Offline yairbachrach

• New JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 12:28:45 AM »
"Ethiopian Jews are not Jews. Forget about it. The New York Times gave them smicha as Jews but it’s absolutely nothing at all. Not even half-Jews. It’s sheker v’chazav, a complete fabrication."

Rabbi Avigdor Miller  TAPE # E-200 (August 1999)

Offline yairbachrach

• New JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 12:33:23 AM »
"The Ethiopians are not Jews. It's only New York Times propaganda. The Ethiopians are not Jews, so forget about that whole idea. Get it out out of your head. Unless they are מגייר properly, they are not Jews at all."

Rabbi Avigdor Miller TAPE # E-156

Offline yairbachrach

• New JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 12:35:05 AM »
"Let me explain something to you. There are certain things that you have to know are lomdus, and it depends on lamdanim to clarify those things. And there are certain things you have to know that are מציאות, factual matters, and those things depend on people who know the מציאות, the facts.

Ethiopians have no connection with our nation. It's not even the slightest הוה אמינא. There is no safek at all. They weren't originally from the עם ישראל and they never were מגייר, they never converted. They never had any Torah among them and they never had any white Jews among them. After all, the Jews are a white people, you have to know. The Ethiopians are a black people.

And therefore, they are nothing but a group of gentiles who adopted some of our ways, which was prevalent sometimes in the days of old. But they have no connection to us - not even the slightest. And this is not a matter of this talmid chochom saying this or that. Because they don't know. Because when you know the history of the Ethiopians, then you know that the Ethiopians have absolutely no valid tradition at all. And this is what we know from historians who have studied the subject in depth.

It's only lately that the New York Times came out for "Ethiopian Jews." The New York Times gave them s'micha as Jews. But up until recently, all the historians knew that they were not Jews. They were just blacks who adopted some Jewish customs. And therefore, there isn't the slightest doubt about that question.

Now, how great is the error? Maybe they did bigger errors in the State of Israel. It's quite possible. But now they're bringing in blacks from Ethiopia who refuse to even be מגייר. Now, if they're really such sincere people, let them at least go through the גירות. If they lived so long without any Torah, let them be מגייר. No, they refuse to be מגייר! So now what? If they stay the way they are, they will increase and multiply as well. And now they're going to government schools. So now the government schools will have black atheists. That's what's going to be soon. It's not enough that the State is creating Jewish atheists, but now there will be black gentile atheists as well. Oh, that's wonderful!

That's what they're going to have soon. In one generation, you'll have black atheists, black criminals, and you'll have black ghettos and the black problem of Israel. Do they need that on top of all the tzoros they already have?!

And so, it shouldn't be any question in your mind at all. As far as I'm concerned, there's not even the slightest הוה אמינא that the Ethiopians are Jews. Not even the slightest doubt."

Rabbi Avigdor Miller TAPE # 844 (November 1991)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 01:57:51 AM »
"Let me explain something to you. There are certain things that you have to know are lomdus, and it depends on lamdanim to clarify those things. And there are certain things you have to know that are מציאות, factual matters, and those things depend on people who know the מציאות, the facts.

Ethiopians have no connection with our nation. It's not even the slightest הוה אמינא. There is no safek at all. They weren't originally from the עם ישראל and they never were מגייר, they never converted. They never had any Torah among them and they never had any white Jews among them. After all, the Jews are a white people, you have to know. The Ethiopians are a black people.

And therefore, they are nothing but a group of gentiles who adopted some of our ways, which was prevalent sometimes in the days of old. But they have no connection to us - not even the slightest. And this is not a matter of this talmid chochom saying this or that. Because they don't know. Because when you know the history of the Ethiopians, then you know that the Ethiopians have absolutely no valid tradition at all. And this is what we know from historians who have studied the subject in depth.

It's only lately that the New York Times came out for "Ethiopian Jews." The New York Times gave them s'micha as Jews. But up until recently, all the historians knew that they were not Jews. They were just blacks who adopted some Jewish customs. And therefore, there isn't the slightest doubt about that question.

Now, how great is the error? Maybe they did bigger errors in the State of Israel. It's quite possible. But now they're bringing in blacks from Ethiopia who refuse to even be מגייר. Now, if they're really such sincere people, let them at least go through the גירות. If they lived so long without any Torah, let them be מגייר. No, they refuse to be מגייר! So now what? If they stay the way they are, they will increase and multiply as well. And now they're going to government schools. So now the government schools will have black atheists. That's what's going to be soon. It's not enough that the State is creating Jewish atheists, but now there will be black gentile atheists as well. Oh, that's wonderful!

That's what they're going to have soon. In one generation, you'll have black atheists, black criminals, and you'll have black ghettos and the black problem of Israel. Do they need that on top of all the tzoros they already have?!

And so, it shouldn't be any question in your mind at all. As far as I'm concerned, there's not even the slightest הוה אמינא that the Ethiopians are Jews. Not even the slightest doubt."

Rabbi Avigdor Miller TAPE # 844 (November 1991)
How do explain Rabbi Ovadia Yosef & Rabbi Shlomo Goren saying that are Jews & from Dan?
I am not buying it because gedolim like the Lubavitcher Rebbe,Rav Moshe Feinstein,Rav Yosef Sholom Eliyashiv,Rav Avigdor Miller & the majority say that they are not Jews & need giyur if they want to be Jews.
Also see what I wrote at the beginning of this thread!!!
There are too many holes in their story for them to be Jews without a conversion!!!!

Offline yairbachrach

• New JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 02:03:00 AM »
How do explain Rabbi Ovadia Yosef & Rabbi Shlomo Goren saying that are Jews & from Dan?
I am not buying it because gedolim like the Lubavitcher Rebbe,Rav Moshe Feinstein,Rav Yosef Sholom Eliyashiv,Rav Avigdor Miller & the majority say that they are not Jews & need giyur if they want to be Jews.
Also see what I wrote at the beginning of this thread!!!
There are too many holes in their story for them to be Jews without a conversion!!!!
Deleted by Lisa
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:02:42 PM by Lisa »

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 02:04:10 AM »

We already have this with the smeg ma infested uncircumcised,chazir fressing,Xmas tree bearing Russians
The Russians are just as big of a problem unless they can prove that their mothers are Jewish or they had a proper giyur!!!!

Offline yairbachrach

• New JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 02:05:36 AM »

We already have this with the smeg ma infested uncircumcised,chazir fressing,Xmas tree bearing Russians
The Russians are just as big of a problem unless they can prove that their mothers are Jewish or they had a proper giyur!!!!

Deleted by Lisa
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:03:23 PM by Lisa »

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 02:06:05 AM »
Deleted by Lisa

I am not a Christian you putz I am an Orthodox Jew & a former JDL member what did you ever do for Jews?
He most certainly was a gadol
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:09:57 PM by Lisa »

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 02:07:53 AM »
Deleted by Lisa
You are a Christian Lubavitchers are good & religious Jews!!!
I respect decent Christians but not lowlives like you!!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:04:02 PM by Lisa »

Offline yairbachrach

• New JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 02:08:22 AM »
I am not a Christian you putz I am an Orthodox Jew & a former JDL member what did you ever do for Jews?
He most certainly was a gadol

Deleted by Lisa
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:06:45 PM by Lisa »

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2019, 02:12:23 AM »
Deleted by Lisa

I am not a Mishichist you schmuck I don't hold that the Rebbe is Moshiach you cretin!!!
Not all Lubavitchers hold like that you ignorant putz!!!!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:10:55 PM by Lisa »

Offline yairbachrach

• New JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2019, 02:13:51 AM »
I am not a Mishichist you schmuck I don't hold that the Rebbe is Moshiach you cretin!!!
Not all Lubavitchers hold like that you ignorant putz!!!!

Deleted by Lisa
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:07:50 PM by Lisa »

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2019, 02:17:00 AM »
Quote from: yairbachrach link=topic=91423.msg686518#msg686518 date=15628256

Deleted by Lisa it
[/quote
That is not true & be prepared to be banned from this site you Jew hater!!!
This is you last post
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:11:59 PM by Lisa »