Author Topic: Is "Billy Graham Rule" more strict than Halacha?  (Read 909 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Is "Billy Graham Rule" more strict than Halacha?
« on: July 27, 2019, 10:15:49 PM »
Some women say it's sexist but doesn't it work both ways that a woman would avoid such a situation too?

It seems like it's more strict than Halacha because the laws of yichud don't apply in a public place or if the door's open, etc.... Do the goyim that follow this do it also if they are single? What about touching? Touching is more strict in Judaism and the same rules are for singles and people that are married. If the goyim did this rule even before marraige, then they could never go on a date either.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/billy-graham-rule-safe-or-sexist-233903691.html

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Is "Billy Graham Rule" more strict than Halacha?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 09:03:55 AM »
It's a attempted copy of halacha. There are a million situations that could arise, they consider this a nice thing to do, not a law so there are no details to it.

Why always with the yahoo news here. The articles are as leftist as could be. This isn't treating a woman like an object, or any of the other weird claims there.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Is "Billy Graham Rule" more strict than Halacha?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 12:15:48 PM »
Why always with the yahoo news here. The articles are as leftist as could be. This isn't treating a woman like an object, or any of the other weird claims there.

I see Yahoo articles on the main Yahoo page when I log out of my E-mail. I don't go there to look for articles.