Author Topic: Protests at Columbia  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Protests at Columbia
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:00:20 PM »
I'm glad that the Pro-Nazi school Columbia was being protested today because of that Nazi being there.  Did JTF have any protesters there?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Protests at Columbia
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:09:59 PM »
What are your views on this topic?

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:18:03 PM »
I think that this is not rare and many other colleges would have invited him to come had they gotten the chance.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 06:58:14 PM »
I think that its important for liberal american jews to listen to him understand that he doesnt represent a small minority but the large majority of mulsims
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 07:03:55 PM »
I think that this is not rare and many other colleges would have invited him to come had they gotten the chance.

I think you're absolutely right!
Many colleges and their fellow students are far left and would be willing to embrace this ANIMAL just for dialogue and to give Peace a chance.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 07:06:45 PM »
I was there at the protests both at the UN and at Columbia.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »
How did it go? 

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 07:23:10 PM »
I was hoping people will rush the barricades are break into Columbia.

Everything was very peaceful, people chanted "shame on Colombia" and a masters graduate of Colombia ripped up her diploma.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 08:55:38 PM »
lou13ss:  "...I think that its important for liberal american jews to listen to him understand that he doesnt represent a small minority but the large majority of mulsims..."

Nice thought, lou13ss, but liberals whether Jewish or non-Jewish have conclusively proven how mentally deranged they are, and they are not about to change by listening to Haman Jr.

Instead, the exact opposite of what you hope for will occur:
The liberals will all leave the event or turn off their TV's for dinner, and sit around saying things to each other like this:

"Well"..."This Ahmajinidad fellow doesn't seem like a monster to me!"..."He didn't talk like Hitler, or even have the same moustache"..."As a matter of fact, he's quite an educated man!"..."You know, he has a Degree in Engineering!"...."Doesn't sound like a Nazi to me!"..."And"..."He mentioned Israel and the Jews!"..."Said that he was misquoted about the Holocaust"!..."He promised us that he had no plans to attack anybody!"..."We liberals believe in "self-determination" for all peoples!"..."Who are we to deny a great nation the right to nuclear power?"... "It must really be the Zionists who are making all this trouble for us!"

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 09:12:11 PM »
I was at the UN. I wore my "expel the arab enemy shirt'. I saw some fellow Kahanists there. I saw 2 ppl in Bani Elim shirts, a man in a "kahane Was Right" shirt, and a couple of men with a "Kahane Chai sign". I was leading the yelling aimed at the Neturei Karta. I was yelling "mamshichei Hitler" at them, Nazis, "your in bed with nazi arabs", and "self Haters". I also had a debate with some of them of the halachic validity of there cause. I got some points across, but im no Talmid Hacham so I couldnt rebutt everything they said. Their main argument was the "3 shevuot" on daf Kuf Yud Alef in Masechet Ketuvot. I saw some secular Jews approach the NK, but all they did was curse the 3 shevuot, and say "the hell with that".We need religous Jews with a halachic background, and a gemara mind to explain to the other religous Jews there, how the NK are wrong. Lehavdil (Im not really sure if I should but) its the same with the Christian missionaries. We need people to prove them wrong when they start quoting from the tanach. I dont think it was a very productive protest. All it was was high school kids form different schools getting together. A couple of guys saw my shirt and shook my hand, but a couple of pony tail wearing secularists shook there head after reading my shirt, which says "expel the arab enemy" in english, hebrew, and arabic. I also saw a couple of Manhigut Yehudit shirts. Curtis Sliwa was the best speaker, every1 else was wither to politiclly correct, or to liberal.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 09:17:15 PM »
The liberal NYDailyNews is starting to wake up:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1900940/posts

"On the eve of his trip to New York City, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stood before a banner blaring "Death to America," showed off his military might and declared his extremist regime will not bow to Western pressure. "

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 09:53:43 PM »
Supposedly there were a group of far-left people who went to cheer in support of him.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 10:25:43 PM »
Their main argument was the "3 shevuot" on daf Kuf Yud Alef in Masechet Ketuvot. I saw some secular Jews approach the NK, but all they did was curse the 3 shevuot, and say "the hell with that".We need religous Jews with a halachic background, and a gemara mind to explain to the other religous Jews there, how the NK are wrong.

I'm so sick and tired of that argument. Once one reads it in context, he will understand that it no longer applies. Just take out an AS and look it up.
There are many simple answers, the best is Rebbe Akiva ruled the 3 oaths were no longer in force, or like the Ramban ruled the oaths only apply outside of Eretz Yisrael.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 10:37:21 PM »
lou13ss:  "...I think that its important for liberal american jews to listen to him understand that he doesnt represent a small minority but the large majority of mulsims..."

Nice thought, lou13ss, but liberals whether Jewish or non-Jewish have conclusively proven how mentally deranged they are, and they are not about to change by listening to Haman Jr.

Instead, the exact opposite of what you hope for will occur:
The liberals will all leave the event or turn off their TV's for dinner, and sit around saying things to each other like this:

"Well"..."This Ahmajinidad fellow doesn't seem like a monster to me!"..."He didn't talk like Hitler, or even have the same moustache"..."As a matter of fact, he's quite an educated man!"..."You know, he has a Degree in Engineering!"...."Doesn't sound like a Nazi to me!"..."And"..."He mentioned Israel and the Jews!"..."Said that he was misquoted about the Holocaust"!..."He promised us that he had no plans to attack anybody!"..."We liberals believe in "self-determination" for all peoples!"..."Who are we to deny a great nation the right to nuclear power?"... "It must really be the Zionists who are making all this trouble for us!"
We dont have a problem with liberals as a whole, only liberal Jews, and I think very few Jews are that much of self haters, although there are a few, cough stanley cohen cough cough
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 10:42:55 PM »
Iran and Columbia University, a so-called University, should be wiped off the face of the earth.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 10:49:59 PM »
Iran and Columbia University, a so-called University, should be wiped off the face of the earth.
Thats taking it too far, Columbia just needs to be retaught, or renamed so that it appropriately explains why it has the views it does, something like "Learn to Blow yourself up here!" University.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 10:52:57 PM »

Amein. What have we lost our minds? The minute this genocidal madman set foot on American soil a bullet should of went through his pea-sized brain. This "University" welcomes him, embraces him, provides him with a forum, and legitimizes him! What insanity!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 02:10:51 AM »
On Hannity&Colmes, one of the guests during a segment said that she ripped up her Columbia diploma.

Alan was so happy that people got to have a "conversation" with Iran's president. 

The Columbia officials who invited him said in an interview that they also would have invited Hitler. 

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 02:26:10 AM »
On Hannity&Colmes, one of the guests during a segment said that she ripped up her Columbia diploma.

I saw her do it.