Author Topic: Sa'ar wants to be the new Bibi  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Sa'ar wants to be the new Bibi
« on: October 10, 2019, 08:38:26 AM »
He's been tweeting up a storm. Yea or Nay?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Sa'ar wants to be the new Bibi
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 03:15:47 PM »
His selfishness to take over the party is putting himself over the country.  It will chop down Likud's popularity and increase the power of the left to make this move.  The goal is that he leads Likud, not that the right stays in power.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 06:42:36 PM »
His selfishness to take over the party is putting himself over the country.  It will chop down Likud's popularity and increase the power of the left to make this move.  The goal is that he leads Likud, not that the right stays in power.

Maybe it helps, Bibi's been in power for a billion years, new blood doesn't destroy the party. As for his views and actions, support or oppose?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 10:06:38 PM »
Maybe it helps, Bibi's been in power for a billion years, new blood doesn't destroy the party. As for his views and actions, support or oppose?

The polls show that the party's support cuts in half with Saar at the helm rather than Bibi.  So your argument is not right.
Bibi has been in power for a billion years but he still gets 30+ seats in every election.   So why fix what aint broken?  Unless of course we need to take power for ourselves.

I know Bibi isn't ideal from a rightwing perspective, but he has drifted more to the right over the years (more anti-P state than he was) and I'm worried about what Saar or one of the power-grabbers (Like Shaked) would do in power because they don't even TALK the way he does.  And bigger problem is creating an opening for the left.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 07:56:15 AM »
The polls show that the party's support cuts in half with Saar at the helm rather than Bibi.  So your argument is not right.
Bibi has been in power for a billion years but he still gets 30+ seats in every election.   So why fix what aint broken?  Unless of course we need to take power for ourselves.

I know Bibi isn't ideal from a rightwing perspective, but he has drifted more to the right over the years (more anti-P state than he was) and I'm worried about what Saar or one of the power-grabbers (Like Shaked) would do in power because they don't even TALK the way he does.  And bigger problem is creating an opening for the left.

We'll discuss whether or not Saar will help the Likud when I know if he's right wing or not. Is he?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 03:04:46 PM »

Yeah, I agree here.  I also know Bibi is not the ideal politician, but creating an opening for the left could be disastrous.  Especially since we are starting to see a growing trend of Arabs voting.  There are so many issues that are in the balance at the current moment, and giving the left an 'inch' could have catastrophic consequences.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 10:55:39 AM »
So nobody here knows anything about him? I know he fought for the "settlements" and that he fought for Jews to work on shabbos, despite being shomer shabbos. Anyone know anything else?