Author Topic: Semite  (Read 1112 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Semite
« on: January 02, 2020, 04:12:41 PM »
Types of Jews.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/types-of-jews/

Now, what if I went and became a Jew? I'm not a semite.  So, if I became a Jew and someone hates me, he would not ne an anti-semite.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Semite
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 08:04:38 PM »
That website is reform, but they made a correct statement: In modern times, anti-Semitism is understood to be anti-Jewish activities, but a Semite is not a technical term, and can refer to anyone from the Middle East.

It's a pretty word for Jew-hatred. I don't know who came up with it. We stick with what we have, but the term can be substituted for Jew-hater with no problems. The article is packed with nonsense.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 01:41:01 AM »
The term Anti-Semite originated in 1800's Germany when they needed a new reason to hate Jews. They had hated Jews for religious reasons (such as being accused of killing Yeshu) but the Secular German nationalists who inspired the Nazis hated Jews for racial reasons.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 10:17:12 AM »
Types of Jews.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/types-of-jews/

Now, what if I went and became a Jew? I'm not a semite.  So, if I became a Jew and someone hates me, he would not ne an anti-semite.

A Chinese Jew, that would be interesting.  Pretty rare in the United States.    I'll tell you one thing- The Chinese are sure good at Calculus, Chem, Organic Chem.  They were in my classes in college.  They pretty much kept to themselves.  I used to study with a Chinese guy in my Org. Chem class, he had me over for dinner a few times with his family.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 10:29:38 AM by Aces High »

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 02:48:53 PM »
There are actually Chinese Jews.
I went to school with a Chinese guy who turned out to have Jewish ancestry.
So, next time you spot a Chinese with a huge nose......
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774