Author Topic: Sad over Mets  (Read 6697 times)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Sad over Mets
« on: September 30, 2007, 04:46:31 PM »
A couple of weeks ago, one of our posters, (I believe it was Ari?) posted how disappointed he felt over his team losing a football game. Just now, the NY Mets completed one of the worst collapses in baseball history. So I'm certainly feeling very down about this now  :'(

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Sad over Mets
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 04:55:57 PM »
there is always next year and yes, like you, I'm sad..but if a team is going to collapse like that, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs or world series...we'll all get over this eventually...

time for football season!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 05:05:35 PM »
there is always next year and yes, like you, I'm sad..but if a team is going to collapse like that, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs or world series...we'll all get over this eventually...

time for football season!

Thanks! I agree! The life of a Mets fan, it gives us such agida (sp?), and I'm such a casual Mets fan and feel so disappointed. I can only imagine how the hardcore fans feel. It would be SO much easier to be a Yankees fan :)

You're right. On to the football season now. Let's just hope the Jets and Giants don't collapse like this as well which they have a history of doing as well :)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 06:10:41 PM »
I knew friday that the mets were not going to win the pennant.  Since they last won in 1986, the mets never won a game when they need to.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 06:26:05 PM »
Thanks! I agree! The life of a Mets fan, it gives us such agida (sp?), and I'm such a casual Mets fan and feel so disappointed. I can only imagine how the hardcore fans feel. It would be SO much easier to be a Yankees fan :)

But The Mets have gotten in so many times over the past 10 years and even to The World Series. The Phillies didn't get in since 1993 and while The Mets won The World Series in 1986, The Phillies didn't win it since 1980, their only time while The Mets also won it in 1969.

You're obviously from Philly. It's not so much the issue of how long it's been since either team has won a series or has been in the post season. It's that the Mets and all its fans have now suffered the worst collapse in baseball history. If the Phillies have been leading the league all your long with this result, then it wouldn't have been as bad and as heartbreaking.

Anyway, I went to yesterday's game at Shea Stadium and saw one of the best games ever played. At least I had that enjoyment and euphoria while it lasted :)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 01:37:08 AM »

You're obviously from Philly. It's not so much the issue of how long it's been since either team has won a series or has been in the post season. It's that the Mets and all its fans have now suffered the worst collapse in baseball history. If the Phillies have been leading the league all your long with this result, then it wouldn't have been as bad and as heartbreaking.

Anyway, I went to yesterday's game at Shea Stadium and saw one of the best games ever played. At least I had that enjoyment and euphoria while it lasted :)

They were stupid to get in fights yesterday and to run up the score.  I think the teams in the American League are better. 

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 03:34:47 AM »
I liked the Yankees cause I was a Thurman Munson fan. So got to be happy with one team in the city  :laugh:
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 08:20:07 AM »
LIsten..it's not like I play or coach for the Mets...so there is very little to be upset about even though I'm a fan

I'm going to root for the Phillies to go all the way because if they do win, it won't be in vain of the Mets collapse.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

raiseyourfist

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »
In Australia we play similar sports to you american chaps...

Our sports are NRL, Rugby Union, Cricket and AFL (australian Football)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 09:48:13 AM »
I like the Mets because they are a local team... but their play down the stretch has to be the poorest in the history of baseball!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 12:48:11 PM »
Those who are Met fans here: tell me about it. It sucks that they lost, but I was motivated by a sign seen in the post-game show that read: "1st or worst: still and always a die hard fan!". The reason that meant so much is because that's who I am. I'm not some phony Yankee fan who likes them because they always win. I feel they buy the playoffs/world series each year. The Mets at least earn it. Plus, I'm a New Yorker, you MUST root for the underdog!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 03:39:37 PM »
Well on the plus side, the NHL season has begun.   :laugh: Now thats a sport.  Baseball is ok but it puts me in a coma after the third inning.

Lord Stanley's Cup, its a beauty.

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

kellymaureen

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 04:08:33 PM »
Well on the plus side, the NHL season has begun.    Now thats a sport

Could not agree more ;D

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 05:23:27 PM »
You mean Los Mets.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 06:09:33 PM »

It's ok I'm a Saint's fan, I understand loss......... :(
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 06:10:39 PM »
Do any of you know of the "CURSE OF NOLAN RYAN"?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 06:24:11 PM »
Those who are Met fans here: tell me about it. It sucks that they lost, but I was motivated by a sign seen in the post-game show that read: "1st or worst: still and always a die hard fan!". The reason that meant so much is because that's who I am. I'm not some phony Yankee fan who likes them because they always win. I feel they buy the playoffs/world series each year. The Mets at least earn it. Plus, I'm a New Yorker, you MUST root for the underdog!

I noticed that same sign and felt the same way about it. That's the best way to sum up a true fan. I agree with everything you say here and couldn't say it better myself!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 06:27:28 PM »
I like the Mets because they are a local team... but their play down the stretch has to be the poorest in the history of baseball!

This was the biggest collapse in baseball history. 17 games to go with the Mets up 7 games in first place. They just needed to play 500 baseball to make it in and couldn't even do that, especially against 4th, 5th, and last place teams. It just comes to show you can never take anything for granted or become cocky about anything.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 07:20:46 PM »
You mean Los Mets.

And they have a black Hispanic with an Arabic first name as their General Manger. Not to mention that the manager is black.

listen, the mets have 4 jews on their team:  Green, Newhan, Schoenweiss, and....either a relief pitcher or a bench player...forgot which one...

and i belive these 4 Jews also take off on Yom Kippur (at least that)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 07:40:38 PM »
As for tonight's match-up:
Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres... I'll take the Rockies, they're an exciting bunch and young!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »
The Rockies were in the playoffs once.  In 1995, they were the wild card team.  They got sweept by the Braves.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 11:09:59 PM »
I share in your pain, but the way Randolph was managing the collapse seemed almost inevitable.  Changes must be made and next year should be better.  Also sorry to see Shawn Green possibly end his career like this.  I hope he reconsiders retiring.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 11:19:28 PM »
Absolutely, I also think he was anti-semitic in not playing Green enough the last month of the season when he was doing very well, and instead playing two schwartzes hitting .250.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 10:22:06 AM »
I think Willie Randolph lacks the fire needed to manage the whole team... he was good as a bench coach on the Yankees.
There aren't that many black players in the game today that can play, so it's important for the media to promote the very few that remain to the highest ranks.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 10:27:32 AM »
Absolutely, I also think he was anti-semitic in not playing Green enough the last month of the season when he was doing very well, and instead playing two schwartzes hitting .250.

He's definitely past his prime so I'm not so sure that he was being treated unfairly.