Author Topic: Why do so many conservative pundits sell supplements and snake oil?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I am not talking about Alex Jones, but rather about figures who are otherwise pretty based and logical.

For example Steve Bannon is selling zinc and vitamin D and maybe some other sh*t. Per se there is nothing wrong with taking these, I take some myself. BUT, their zinc is not  better than your chip generic supplement you can buy at a local drug store. Also, these are not
miracle portions like they are hyped.  Or for another example, Glenn Beck (among others)  but he used to advertise some [censored] pain relieve medicine.

Offline Slobodan

• Pro JTFer
Re: Why do so many conservative pundits sell supplements and snake oil?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 04:26:08 PM »
Just money grabbing opportunities. Currently, the vitamines are in high demand, so they can sell them at higher prices and sell them more, since a lot of people think they are miracle cures. And people who support them would rather buy those vitamines from them and at higher prices too, to even support them financially.
There are a lot of people who are just looking to cash in on current situations. Like when 5G was starting to be introduced, and uneducated consiracy theorists starting making various claims, scaring people. A lot of people jumped on that bandwagon and started selling ridiculous products that where supposed to protect you from "lethal G radiation".
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 04:35:46 PM »
I understand it is money grabbing, but I respect them less when they choose to do it.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 10:16:33 PM »
Anti covid push, like democrats sell masks.

It is better to not take it than take cheap generic brands of any mineral or vitamin, tons are worse than useless.

It was really funny watching you guys talk in every direction of the wind to pretend like you haven't heard people say that is good for anti covid yet. It would be cute, but also could be related to the recent censorship and maybe nobody writes what they really think here anymore.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 05:45:35 AM »
I didn't think this thread is specific for the CCPV. This supplements and fake medicine business has been going strong long before it.
It is definitely worth to check who is the producer. Generics are cheap because they don't waste money on marketing. It is often the same producer for both brands and generics.

Anti covid push, like democrats sell masks.

It is better to not take it than take cheap generic brands of any mineral or vitamin, tons are worse than useless.

It was really funny watching you guys talk in every direction of the wind to pretend like you haven't heard people say that is good for anti covid yet. It would be cute, but also could be related to the recent censorship and maybe nobody writes what they really think here anymore.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 01:44:53 PM »
I didn't think this thread is specific for the CCPV. This supplements and fake medicine business has been going strong long before it.
It is definitely worth to check who is the producer. Generics are cheap because they don't waste money on marketing. It is often the same producer for both brands and generics.

Before i keep talking, a fresh organic carrot has the nutrient count of three leading multivitamins combined. It costs nothing to grow real food and you can hang pots on your wall or grow in mason jars.

Many generics are as you say, same but no ads. Many are indigestible, like basically all vitamin c in store "fruit" juices. One of two things will happen. Most common is you will expell it without using it and create "expensive urine". A second option is catastrophic in the case of covid, your body recognizes the new zinc or otherwise, expels your current stores and then tries digesting this cheap zinc for a while. This creates a state where you have a deficiency and your body expels new minerals and vitamins thinking there is an overdose.

The crappy mineral guys keep the spammy ones in business, because they can be annoying but they do save you from them. Also many people do not eat properly and these supplements do help lots of them.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge