Author Topic: One Day in September...the Stunning documentary of the Munich Massacre  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OhqKgWa50Zo

This is a bit lengthy, over 80 minutes, but well worth it!

September 4th marked the 35th Anniversary of the Munich Massacre, when 11 Israeli atheletes were murdered at the Munich Olympics by PLO terrorists... I previously commented on this documentart after watching Steven Speilberg's atrocious film "Munich".

This film offers an emotional portrayal of the  the men and their families, something never seen in Spielberg's film. The young men whos lives were tragically cut short (like 18 year-old Mark Slavin), the father who would never again see their children grow, and the families whose lives lay shattered and destroyed as their loved ones murderers were allowed to walk free.
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: One Day in September...the Stunning documentary of the Munich Massacre
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 09:18:59 AM »
Its very unusual for a documentary in that the terrorists are not shown in a sympathetic light
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 05:29:13 PM »
Thanks 4 the link !!!

Wanted to see this for ages  :)
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

kellymaureen

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »
Thanks I saw the movie and it was terribly sympathetic to the terrorists....disappointing

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 06:05:53 PM »
I do agree with you regarding some aspects of the documentary. But I find it much better than Spielberg's "Munich'', where the terrorists who did this are then portrayed as victims in a "neverending cycle of violence"... >:(
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 06:25:44 AM »
But I find it much better than Spielberg's "Munich'', where the terrorists who did this are then portrayed as victims in a "neverending cycle of violence"

I thought Munich was rubbish too.
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"