Author Topic: Grammer Dogs  (Read 2355 times)

Kiwi

Grammer Dogs
« on: October 14, 2007, 09:52:43 PM »
I do rescue and rehoming of dogs when I am  not depolyed.

And it started with two and just increased. I have rehomed around 50 over 10 years, retraining them, and making sure the have no behavioural problems before being placed in a new home.

My partner at the time was working the K9 unit and most of the dogs are trained as army dogs, and have the ability to be used in therapy areas.

Currently we have 70 units working my area in therapy, we cover 12 schools all primary, and two major Hospitals and 60 nursing homes and disability services.

:)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Grammer Dogs
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 10:13:46 PM »
It sounds like you have some operation going there. Thats great work it takes a special person to do that sort of thing.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Joe Schmo

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »
Can your dogs fight Arabs? There is a Kahanist K-9 unit in Israel run by Yekutiel Ben Ya'akov. Their dogs are trained to smell Arabs and because of Islam, Arabs are afraid of them so they can tell when there are terrorists around.

That's excellent!

Joe Schmo

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 10:33:12 PM »
Can your dogs fight Arabs? There is a Kahanist K-9 unit in Israel run by Yekutiel Ben Ya'akov. Their dogs are trained to smell Arabs and because of Islam, Arabs are afraid of them so they can tell when there are terrorists around.

Trained to smell Arabs? You're joking, right?

No.  I heard Chaim talking about this many years ago on QPTV.

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 12:53:57 AM »
It sounds like you have some operation going there. Thats great work it takes a special person to do that sort of thing.

Thank you. But its more the dogs are the special ones :)

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 12:58:48 AM »

We did have at a time the Army dogs with us, many that did pass the final test went to border control areas.

Funny you should say about terrorist, many dogs are trained to smell some types of chemicals, and very different from plastic and nitro. But they are confused because 95% of paper money in the US has drugs or restricted compounds on it.

They were speciailized dogs, we have therapy, assistence and guard dogs.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 08:32:03 PM »

We did have at a time the Army dogs with us, many that did pass the final test went to border control areas.

Funny you should say about terrorist, many dogs are trained to smell some types of chemicals, and very different from plastic and nitro. But they are confused because 95% of paper money in the US has drugs or restricted compounds on it.

They were speciailized dogs, we have therapy, assistence and guard dogs.

I went to Washington DC some years back not to long after the first trade center bombing. The had closed the street that runs in front of the White House to open traffic. The White House is very close to the road there and there is just no way this road could ever be open to traffic again. They allow people to walk through there and do let cars in there after they are screened. What impressed me greatly was the bomb sniffing dogs they had working there. The dog would actually look around the whole car inside the wheel wells under the car a very careful search. It was really a very amazing thing to watch.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Kiwi

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 03:46:38 AM »
Totally agree they are very speical animals. How any one could hurt them is beyond me.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 03:53:01 AM »

Trained to smell Arabs? You're joking, right?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if dogs are able to smell arabs.  They can smell cancer and other diseases, and they can detect the scent of drugs that have been in a bag weeks ago, among many other amazing things.  Arabs eat certain things, smoke certain things, and their houses smell a certain way, it's easy enough to pick up even for a human, let alone a dog!  I've noticed that asians tend to smell a certain way, and schvartzas tend to smell a certain way, so if I can pick up on these scents, certainly dogs can!
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris