Author Topic: Anybody have anything nice from Grandparents or something bought in Israel etc.?  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Feel free to post pics of any menorahs, seder plates, or other nice Jewish items you might have....
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I don't have anything religious but I have purchased military gear from Israel from the Zahal surplus store.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
Lou ,what part of the US do you live?

• Master JTFer
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
My great grandfather was a famous Cantor and teacher of Cantors and I have his musical cantoral compositions in sheet music format written by him in like 1920-1930 in an old notebook.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
North east . no reason!

• Master JTFer
My great grandfather was a famous Cantor and teacher of Cantors and I have his musical cantoral compositions in sheet music format written by him in like 1920-1930 in an old notebook.
what congregation and what area was he from?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
I don't want to give away identifying information so I'll answer part of your question.  He was a head cantor in a congregation in the European town of Kishinev. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
To hell with our enemies If they catch on ,just give them the bayonet.We cant run and hide for ever, bro!

• Master JTFer
I don't want to give away identifying information so I'll answer part of your question.  He was a head cantor in a congregation in the European town of Kishinev. 
that's cool. hang on to whatever you have of his, it is part of our heritage.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
That is really something nice to have. The fact that it belonged to your grandfather makes it all the more special. You should pass it down in your family it will become even more prized as the years go on. Pieces of Jewish history  from that time period and place are so important because so much of it was lost. Some years ago I visited Philadelphia and found the The National Museum of American Jewish History. I spent a few hours in this place and was amazed at all the interesting displays they had of items just like your grandfathers notebook. This was one of the most interesting museums I have ever visited. Anyone going to Philadelphia should make time for this place you wont be disappointed. Its located at
Independence Mall East
55 North 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
that's cool. hang on to whatever you have of his, it is part of our heritage.

Don't worry, the 150 or so page manuscript was copied by my grandfather and sent to the US library of congress so the US gov't has a copy.  I'm going to play the whole thing on guitar one day. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:06:24 AM by jdl4ever »