Author Topic: Noahide laws and righteous exceptions  (Read 695 times)

Offline danny100

• Full JTFer
Noahide laws and righteous exceptions
« on: April 28, 2022, 02:34:09 PM »
So I’ve been listening to the past broadcasts by JTF and have seen Hrvatski post frequently about the laws for Beni Noah. While it makes sense that the non-Jews abide by those laws, there seems to be examples of people who don’t necessarily keep these laws but are in other ways incredibly good people. Jan Karski, who was Catholic and Chiune Sigihara, who was possibly Buddhist, saved thousands of Jewish lives in the darkest hours of WWII and positively impacted humanity.

Would these two people have a place in the world to come or does their practice of idolatry (assuming they were religious) exclude them? I haven’t seen the Noahide Laws make exceptions to the requirement that humanity keeps 7 laws entirely, but let me know if I’m missing something. Thanks!

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Noahide laws and righteous exceptions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 03:26:17 PM »
So I’ve been listening to the past broadcasts by JTF and have seen Hrvatski post frequently about the laws for Beni Noah. While it makes sense that the non-Jews abide by those laws, there seems to be examples of people who don’t necessarily keep these laws but are in other ways incredibly good people. Jan Karski, who was Catholic and Chiune Sigihara, who was possibly Buddhist, saved thousands of Jewish lives in the darkest hours of WWII and positively impacted humanity.

Would these two people have a place in the world to come or does their practice of idolatry (assuming they were religious) exclude them? I haven’t seen the Noahide Laws make exceptions to the requirement that humanity keeps 7 laws entirely, but let me know if I’m missing something. Thanks!

Any Gentile who accepts these Seven Noahide Commandments, and is careful to observe them, is truly a pious individual of the nations of the world, and merits an eternal portion in the future World to Come. (And with this merit, the person will be included in the Resurrection of the Dead). This applies only if he accepts them and does them because the Holy One, blessed be He, commanded them in the Torah, and made it known through Moses our teacher, that the Children of Noah were previously commanded to fulfill them (the Divine Code by Rabbi Weiner, Second Edition, p 49).

What about Gentiles who never had access to the Noahide Code? Reincarnation may be God's way to give a soul an extra opportunity it deserves (the same, p 26).
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/