Poll

Should pork be banned in Israel?

Yes.
22 (73.3%)
No.
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Should pork be banned in Israel?  (Read 7090 times)

admin

Should pork be banned in Israel?
« on: October 09, 2007, 09:23:04 PM »
I think it should.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
Re: Should pork be banned in Israel?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:24:38 PM »
What would you feed to the Arabs as they leave... ;D
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 09:26:08 PM »

Christians eat pork, if the Christians in Israel want to eat pork and buy and sell it to each other I see absolutely no problem with it.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 09:26:54 PM »
If Israel is a Jewish State it should have a Jewish Character and Kashrut is an important part of Judaism and therefore we should require Jews to keep it.
KAHANE TZADAK!

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 09:31:42 PM »

Christians eat pork, if the Christians in Israel want to eat pork and buy and sell it to each other I see absolutely no problem with it.
The issue is that if Pork is available to Christians, Jews will have access too.....
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 09:33:45 PM »
Serious question.. What is a typical Israeli breakfast?  Is there one?
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 09:45:01 PM »
Of course it should.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 09:48:24 PM »

The issue is that if Pork is available to Christians, Jews will have access too.....

An observant Jew should have SELF CONTROL, he shouldn't be observant because he has no choice, he should be observant inspite of there being a choice. Otherwise it is quite insincere.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »
Serious question.. What is a typical Israeli breakfast?  Is there one?

They definitely don't eat sausages, bacon, cheese, omelettes, mass quantities of eggs, biscuits and gravy etc.  They think Americans are insane for eating so much rich and fattening foods for breakfast, and I tend to agree that it is insane if done on a daily basis.  I do enjoy a hearty American breakfast though, my favorite is beef sausage, eggs, hash browns, home fries, biscuits and gravy, and fruit.

I think the typical Israeli breakfast isn't so different than the typical American breakfast, coffee, cereal, yogurt, maybe some fruit.  I've never heard of Israelis eating salads for breakfast, I could be wrong though.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 10:00:50 PM »

Breakfast for me is whole wheat toast, eggwhite omlette, coffee with skim milk and Splenda. High protein, moderate carb, low fat.  O0

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 10:01:39 PM »
 >:(
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 10:02:13 PM »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 10:07:27 PM »
They definitely don't eat sausages, bacon, cheese, omelettes, mass quantities of eggs, biscuits and gravy etc.  They think Americans are insane for eating so much rich and fattening foods for breakfast, and I tend to agree that it is insane if done on a daily basis.  I do enjoy a hearty American breakfast though, my favorite is beef sausage, eggs, hash browns, home fries, biscuits and gravy, and fruit.

You don't keep kosher?

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 10:08:25 PM »

Breakfast for me is whole wheat toast, eggwhite omlette, coffee with skim milk and Splenda. High protein, moderate carb, low fat.  O0

Chaim would like all that except for the coffee and milk. He says you shouldn't eat dairy at all. At first I thought you had written soy milk which he probably would agree with.

Chaim has a good point about the milk.  It's actually not healthy for most people to drink milk when they are older.  It makes people feel worse, and there isn't any particular justification for it.  My family and I did a health test and were suggested taking measures that would help us feel better generally in our lives and one of these things included not drinking any milk.  It's sort of an American myth that milk is healthy all the time; it can make you feel worse and it is fattening if you drink too much of it.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »

You don't keep kosher?

Not in the strict sense, but I do not eat pork.  There's nothing really unkosher about what I said I eat, unless you want to get technical about it.   ;) 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 10:21:17 PM »
Oops, I just saw the "sausages" part. 

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 10:29:39 PM »
yacov,Tell us a little bit about your self,If you don't mind.It would enlighten us a bit.NO dis respect intended!Wayne Jude

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 10:53:46 PM »
No real reason for it in Israel.  I think it should be.  I think all the food in Israel should be kosher.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 11:12:24 PM »
Yacov ? please!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 11:47:31 PM »
but pigs should be allowed to roam or be kept as pets...at least for the time being for obvious reasons.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 11:57:52 PM »
It should be banned. By the way it can also solve the problem with the russian goyim in Israel, they cant live without their pork kalbasa.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 12:26:04 AM »
Yes. Good idea. Most Jews should be encouraged to keep kosher. Lobster, shrimp and all other kinds of shell fish should be banned as well. All non-Kosher food should be banned.

India doesn't serve beef in their restaurants, so Israel should abide by Jewish law.

The only thing that troubles me about such a possible decision is that Jews should want to keep kosher, they shouldn't be forced to do so, because deep down if they really don't want to, what's the point of them keeping kosher? But since Israel should be run as a Torah-true Jewish state, the existence of non-kosher restaurants should be done away with.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 12:26:25 AM »
but pigs should be allowed to roam or be kept as pets...at least for the time being for obvious reasons.

If I got a pet pig I'd name him Kosher.  That would be soooo funny, com'here Kosher! Here Kosher! "oink oink..." That's a good piggy, good boy Kosher!   ;D

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 12:38:28 AM »

The only thing that troubles me about such a possible decision is that Jews should want to keep kosher, they shouldn't be forced to do so.

I disagree. As a society (Religious) the wanted results should be "forced" so to speak unto the population. Thier is a saying "the actions influnce the heart", not the other way around. Once you start keeping mitzvot after a while you can even love it. I know that you are speaking about choice, but this is really a western concept. Let me ask you should you have a choice to robe someone or should the owner of the house (etc.) do whats necessary to prevent any robbery.
 Also a classical example is the example with King Hezkiyah (Peace be upon him- whats the exact Hebrew term? Alava veshalom? I hear the Rabbi saying it but dont know if im pronouncing it right). When the Assyrians were coming, he swonge his sword on the door and said that anyone who will be ignorant, he will basically use his sword on them.( it was in order to get G-d's grace and save the nation). After some time the whole nation was learned in Torah and rightious, threw the actions their hearts were influenced.
 Remember G-d tests and gives choice, the duty of us is to wage the battle even way ahead of time against the Satan/Yetzer Hara/ Angel of death (which is all one).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 12:40:05 AM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/