Author Topic: Study reveals stressed out 11 year-olds  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Study reveals stressed out 11 year-olds
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:12:03 AM »
School tests, global warming, terror all contribute to anxiety says review

http://education.guardian.co.uk/schools/story/0,,2189504,00.html

newman

Re: Study reveals stressed out 11 year-olds
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 05:28:58 AM »
The left are responsible for this. Just as they were 20+ years ago telling all the kids we'd all die in a nuclear war.

I've heard of young kids being stressed out over too many assignments and homework. It's not unusual for 12-13 year olds to have 5/6 hours of homework, assignments or projects to do every night. They've no sport, recreation or family time. I blame useless, mediocre teachers for this. If they can't educate kids in school hours plus (maybe) 60-90 minutes of homework per day, they're not doing it right.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: Study reveals stressed out 11 year-olds
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 04:11:03 AM »
The left are responsible for this. Just as they were 20+ years ago telling all the kids we'd all die in a nuclear war.

I've heard of young kids being stressed out over too many assignments and homework. It's not unusual for 12-13 year olds to have 5/6 hours of homework, assignments or projects to do every night. They've no sport, recreation or family time. I blame useless, mediocre teachers for this. If they can't educate kids in school hours plus (maybe) 60-90 minutes of homework per day, they're not doing it right.

America now lags behind Scandinavian and Asian countries in the classroom. This wasn't the case a few decades ago.

The main reason for this is the serious lack of discipline at all age groups. Consequently, teachers (most are drastically underpaid) have to waste most of their precious time and energy on maintaining decorum.

This is ultimately the fault of the parents, who increasingly neglect dinnertime (thanks, feminism) with their children and later spoil them with material possessions out of guilt. Spoiled brats cannot be counted on to behave themselves in class with other spoiled brats.