Poll

Should we have such a section?

Yes.
11 (61.1%)
No.
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: A Section Suggestion? Just a thought. I want input on it.  (Read 14748 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
A Section Suggestion? Just a thought. I want input on it.
« on: October 14, 2007, 03:06:52 AM »
We have been growing in our female membership but hopefully it will grow more so.  How about a section under the Think Tank section called JTF Female Influence.  Our women have done a superb job, and it be a section on their contribution, their political savy, women's health etc.   Just a thought to throw around the table.  What do you all think of this idea
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: A Section Suggestion? Just a thought. I want input on it.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 03:13:20 AM »
LOL we can have it as the JTF's woman club lol.  It can help boost female membership to the forum.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 03:57:07 AM »
We should do it just to make Adam crazy.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 04:17:12 AM »

He already is crazy.

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 07:06:05 AM »
I take it this will be  a choice to join the group not automatic?

newman

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 07:20:26 AM »
LOL we can have it as the JTF's woman club lol.  It can help boost female membership to the forum.

But men could still post too though.

Adam613 would just go nuts.

Call it the Goddess Worship Board. Adam613 will go off his rocker! :::D

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 10:33:06 AM »
I also think it's a GREAT Idea!  O0
Having a female perspective on things is always a positive...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 11:03:13 AM »
How about the Infidel, Yasmine or Mills as a moderator Yacov?
Is a prerequisite that you have your picture as an avatar?  Don't you get the Infidel's point?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 11:05:01 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »
No offense meant KellyMaureen or Shoshana.  :)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 11:38:26 AM »
Its an interesting suggestion however what are we trying to accomplish by setting a section like this? Why are we dividing our people into groups?  Why would this be necessary. Also why are two of the main sections in the index taken up by under used dating sections when the spots could be used by more important issues that are buried in the child boards. I am starting to see our priorities go out of whack here. As I said this morning this place is starting to become like a social club with all little subcultures going on. This is not the JTF we had 6 months ago. I can see some of this becoming very divisive.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 12:36:25 PM »

He already is crazy.
True.  Ok fine - crazier...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 03:38:48 PM »
  If I have to choose, I`ll like to be on Healthy Living thread moderator :)
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Joe Schmo

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
Great idea! We could make Kelly or Shoshana the moderator there.

Bullcat is more deserving of this than Shoshana or Kelly.  She just doesn't have a hot picture of herself for the men to drool over.

I suggested that Bullcat be made a moderator some time ago, but it fell on deaf ears, as usual.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »

Bullcat is more deserving of this than Shoshana or Kelly.  She just doesn't have a hot picture of herself for the men to drool over.

I suggested that Bullcat be made a moderator some time ago, but it fell on deaf ears, as usual.
Thank You Scriabin - that was and is very nice of you.  
It is not necessary for me to be appointed a moderator.
Are you trying to make Yacov sick making a suggestion like that?  ;)  :::D
A Melon Cat is my AVATAR.

The point of my post was to let Yacov know that appointments should be handed out fairly - not based on pictures.  How come the two women with pictures for AVATARS are the only two named?

Again I apologize to KellyMaureen and Shoshana - they are both great and super intelligent.
I just don't want to see other female members feel slighted - as evidenced by
The Infidel's posts.  
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 07:19:11 PM by bullcat3 »

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 06:58:51 PM »
I think it's sort of a silly idea, it probably wouldn't amount to much.  I can't really see righteous women being attracted to JTF and staying due to a "women's group" or whatever it would be called.  Although the point Yacov made about righteous women and women's role in JTF is duly noted, I just don't really see the need to make a woman's group, maybe that's just my bias though because most of the members are male and it's pretty male-dominated much of the time.  If the JTF women want to have a special section of the forum, I would fully support it, but it seems sort of pointless if they don't care either way.  I'm not wild about the idea and I'm not against it.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 07:16:23 PM »
I think it's sort of a silly idea, it probably wouldn't amount to much.  I can't really see righteous women being attracted to JTF and staying due to a "women's group" or whatever it would be called.  Although the point Yacov made about righteous women and women's role in JTF is duly noted, I just don't really see the need to make a woman's group, maybe that's just my bias though because most of the members are male and it's pretty male-dominated much of the time.  If the JTF women want to have a special section of the forum, I would fully support it, but it seems sort of pointless if they don't care either way.  I'm not wild about the idea and I'm not against it.
I don't really see the point in it. Every thread on this forum should be suitable for anyone to go on. Unless we have female posters who are asking for such a section what is the point of starting one.     

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 07:18:06 PM »
I don't really see the point in it. Every thread on this forum should be suitable for anyone to go on. Unless we have female posters who are asking for such a section what is the point of starting one.     
I agree.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 07:56:06 PM »
I think a woman's section is a GREAT idea!  ;D
As for a moderator, I think it would be good for someone who has been on the forum for a very long time (being relatively new myself, I don't know what female poster has been on the forum longest), someone who agrees with what JTF stands for, is an active poster and has the time to be a good moderator.

I think we should bring back Yephora and have her be given the position.

Yephora should be made an Administrator!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 08:02:45 PM »
As for a moderator, I think it would be good for someone who has been on the forum for a very long time (being relatively new myself, I don't know what female poster has been on the forum longest), someone who agrees with what JTF stands for, is an active poster and has the time to be a good moderator.

If only you could get her to come back.  I tried once.  I contacted her on YouTube.  Told her she was missed on JTF.  She was very nice but I had no luck.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 08:05:20 PM »

If only you could get her to come back.  I tried once.  I contacted her on YouTube.  Told her she was missed on JTF.  She was very nice but I had no luck.

There's no chance.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 08:10:17 PM »

Yeah, they'll get along great with Sarah :)

Kiwi

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »
Is a prerequisite that you have your picture as an avatar?  Don't you get the Infidel's point?

I got my knitting needles and wool, fluffy slippers, packet of bonbon's and the TV programed for Oprah  O0 :::D

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 08:38:41 PM »

I got my knitting needles and wool, fluffy slippers, packet of bonbon's and the TV programed for Oprah  O0 :::D

Be careful, or they'll start chewing our ears off every 28 days ;)

Kiwi

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »

Be careful, or they'll start chewing our ears off every 28 days ;)

No point with me, cause if they chatting to me and I drop a stitch there will be hell to pay  >:( :D

They can talk a leg off a brown dog that doesn't phase me.  8;)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 08:49:39 PM »

That would be nice if only we could get her to come back. She was a real touch of class O0