Author Topic: Asking Everyone to give $20 to the Brave Hilltop Jews, or what you can afford  (Read 1611 times)

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
I'm asking everyone to give at least $20 to the Selfless and Brave Hilltop Jews to keep Samaria and Judea Jewish...now they need it more than ever. If this "idol worshipper" can give $50 and I'm between jobs, then I'm sure the people of this forum can help out. If some of you helped recently, you can explain in the comments. I'm asking people to put their amounts under this post. If you're going through bad economic times, I understand, but most of us can contribute the price of a pizza pie, can't we? We will all die soon, and ask yourself, "What did I do to help Israel?" Stand around and make posts and pontificate on a forum? No, we kept Israel from being 5 miles wide.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
$50.....ItalianZionist

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

Excellent idea. And thank you for your support!

Offline Dovid_2

• Junior JTFer
Chaim, would you please consider sharing addresses and lists of items of (clothing, etc...) that are required by Hilltop Youth families for their children (or perhaps someone there could organize a single address where things are delivered to)?

One [censored] in the armour that is the de facto goods embargo that the Arabs are effecting against Israel is China.  Israelis use Aliexpress (you can see tons of Hebrew reviews there -- this proves it) to get around the astronomical prices for ordinary items like shoes or clothing or what have you.  You have to have a little experience, because it's difficult to know exactly what you're going to get (Chinese sizes are much smaller than American sizes, so you have to compensate), but once you figure it out, you can buy clothes and have them shipped there for pennies on the dollar.  Logistics is the issue -- i.e. who is going to figure out who needs what and how to distribute it.

But the bottom line is, wouldn't this give people a more direct opportunity to help the heroic Youth?  Look at all the crowd-funding that's going on -- people throw their money at vanity -- I'm certain we can redirect those monies to more useful causes.

That said - I made my donation (and will donate more in the future iy"H b"n).  Thanks Chaim and ItalianZionist -- and you are better in my eyes than most Rabbis I I know.

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Usually every few weeks I give something.  Today I donated $74.  Yishar koach (יישר כוח) to the Hilltop Youth!
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
I haven't given to jtf in many years mainly because I've been in debt.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774