Is Ann Coulter evil?

Yes.
0 (0%)
Yes, and she's like Allen-T.
11 (50%)
No.
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Is Ann Coulter evil?  (Read 4280 times)

ftf

Re: Is Ann Coulter evil?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 06:43:05 PM »
The first Christians were the modern Oriental Orthodox such as Nestorians and Coptics. They were not "born again Christians". After them came The Catholic Eastern Orthodox. Then The Protestants and from that came the Evangelicals and born again Christians. This is not an attack on Christianity, rather a History lesson of the early Church.

Yacov, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I learned History in college.

No, you've learned a load of irrelevant names. You can trace most of the books of the new testament to during the first century AD without any serious problems. These books mention the term born again. True christians did no call themselves "born again christians" because the spiritual process of being born again was part of being a christian, so "born again" is/was an irrelevant additional name to put on the front, it was assumed.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 06:45:52 PM »
FTF, I don't think Yacov meant any disrespect by using the term "born again."  He was just posting about this history as he understood it.

ftf

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 06:52:02 PM »
FTF, I don't think Yacov meant any disrespect by using the term "born again."  He was just posting about this history as he understood it.
He seemed to be trying to say that Ann amoung others believe that everyone not belonging to a group called "born again" chriastians is going to go to hell. Many christians believe that this is the case, the actual position in the New Testament is unclear what it actually says is that all true christians  will go to heaven, (a true christian is "born again" using the christian definiton of the term) it doesn't say what will happen to anyone else, it does not mention them going to hell, it just doesn't say anything on the issue. Anyway, Yacov was saying that the idea of a "born again" christian is a new idea, it's like talking about a mitzvah following Jew, though it's true that it's new for christians to bother attaching that moniker to their title.

I'm sorry that I reacted like this, I'm very used to muslims trying to argue that the New Tetsament was modified to add in the born again idea, and it's something I'm rather tired off.

I hope I have not upset anyone with my actions here.