Author Topic: What is your favorite fish to eat?  (Read 10053 times)

admin

What is your favorite fish to eat?
« on: October 15, 2007, 05:35:14 PM »
Mine is salmon.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
Re: What is your favorite fish to eat?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:40:38 PM »
Ok Yacov, now these are just getting stupid. (even if it's not a poll)  ::)

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 05:52:04 PM »
I like salmon the most as a cooked fish.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

kellymaureen

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 06:08:44 PM »
I dont eat fish or seafood at all...but Yacov, I do like your polls ;)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 06:13:23 PM »
Yakov are you with the Shabbak trying to get vital information off us?
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 07:33:59 PM »
Mine is salmon.

I like herring [roasted], salmon [cooked and smoked], carp [cooked], codfish [cooked], plaice [roasted], mackerel [cooked, smoked and roasted] and smelt [roasted]. I like it all - i can't decide. Every Friday i a go to the mobile fish trader and buy some fish. But it is very expensive, althrough i live in a town near the north see.  :(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Erica

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:56:10 PM »
Poached, or broiled salmon. I also love catfish and talapia.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 08:33:47 PM »
Mine are red snapper, flounder, scrod, cod, and sole.  I'm not a big fan of salmon, even though I know it's very healthy.  I enjoy tuna as well.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 08:35:47 PM »

Depends how it's made.

Cooked: Snapper, Cod.

Sushi. Salmon, tuna.

:)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 08:36:34 PM »
I love seafood but if I had to pick my favorites it would probably be salmon and swordfish.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 08:38:12 PM »
I love just about any seafood and fish.  But I do not like any fish or meat that comes in cans.  I rather have a fresh cut and grilled.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 08:43:54 PM »
Sardines disgust me.

Erica

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 09:01:14 PM »
Sardines disgust me.

I like them. I like all kosher fish but anchovies are too salty.

I LOVE sardines. I just can't eat them around my husband though..he hates the smell. lol

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 09:20:03 PM »
Yes, they stink.  I'm also not too fond of the smell of tuna, but it is somewhat tolerable in water, rather than oil.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 10:09:43 PM »

You guys like sushi? I luuuurve sushi.  8)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

newman

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 05:22:33 AM »
Shark (sold as Flake in Australia). It's great white fish with ZERO bones.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 05:54:35 AM »
I forgot about cod!
I like the odd-- yet good tasting salted cod dish from Spain. Although I don't know exactly what is'ts called (I just call it salted cod dish...from Spain). I think it's odd becuase well, it's salted to begin with, and has olives, almonds, parsley and only cooked using olive oli, which is better than other oil. It's GRRRREAT!

It is called "Stockfish". Spain and Italy import a lot of this from Norway and Island. I heard, this is because the old seamen need it for their long journeys. In other countries you can't buy it usually.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

newman

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 08:14:17 AM »
Sardines kind of freak me out. They are in cans like tuna, yet have A LOT of annoying little bones! I almost chocked on a sharp fish bone when I was a kid, it freaked me out really bad!  :'(

I like the bones. Sardines are so small that you can eat the bones which I'm sure have alot of calcium and protein in them. They just crunch when you bite into them.

Only Scottish sardines are any good. I tried Spannish ones and they were horrible, 'flourery' things.

I eat sardines once a week for the omega 3, which is like drain cleaner for the arteries. It makes up for all the high colesterol stuff I eat the rest of the week.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 12:09:08 PM »
I like your polls ,They let off a little hot steam!And they don't take much thinking and I think too much, so thanks. ;)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 02:38:52 PM »
Grouper and Walleye, fried of course. Mmmmm

Yellow fin tuna dip is good stuff as well

I enjoy sushi too. I like the spicy tuna rolls and the Hawaiian rolls though they aren't really cheap, at the sushi bars, I generally get the salmon rolls.

Sardines smell bad, my dad used to eat them all the time and i'd be holding my nose.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 02:52:17 PM by Cohen »

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »
I like Shark as well, Newman.

Smoked fish are delicious, especially Haddock.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 05:04:47 PM »
Sardines kind of freak me out. They are in cans like tuna, yet have A LOT of annoying little bones! I almost chocked on a sharp fish bone when I was a kid, it freaked me out really bad!  :'(

I like the bones. Sardines are so small that you can eat the bones which I'm sure have alot of calcium and protein in them. They just crunch when you bite into them.

Only Scottish sardines are any good. I tried Spannish ones and they were horrible, 'flourery' things.

I eat sardines once a week for the omega 3, which is like drain cleaner for the arteries. It makes up for all the high colesterol stuff I eat the rest of the week.

While I was at the supermarket I also bought Tropicana orange juice certified kosher as OK F. The F is for fish because it has fish oil and fish gelatin in it for the Omega 3. It has to say F so you know not to eat it with meat. But you don't have to wait 6 hours in between meat and the orange juice like you have to with dairy. After eating fish, in order to eat meat you just have to drink water and vice versa.

Why do you have to wait?

What does Kosher Parve mean, I had some frankfuters that said that on the packet.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 06:14:33 PM »
Grouper and Walleye, fried of course. Mmmmm

Yellow fin tuna dip is good stuff as well

I enjoy sushi too. I like the spicy tuna rolls and the Hawaiian rolls though they aren't really cheap, at the sushi bars, I generally get the salmon rolls.

Sardines smell bad, my dad used to eat them all the time and i'd be holding my nose.

What are Hawaiian rolls?

the Hawaii Roll has tuna, pineapple, spicy nuts, avocado, cucumber,  and roasted red pepper

I've had shark once before, my mothers boyfriend caught it and it tasted different but ok, didn't know it wasn't kosher though. That was about 2 years ago though.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 06:16:48 PM by Cohen »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »

:D

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 06:53:11 PM »
Flounder and Redfish.