Should he?

Yes, absolutely.
3 (27.3%)
No, he be a racist, UMM HMM!
3 (27.3%)
No, it was just a random comment.
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should Don Imus be given a medal for what he said?  (Read 2443 times)

admin

Should Don Imus be given a medal for what he said?
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:17:30 PM »
I think he should.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
Re: Should Don Imus be given a medal for what he said?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:18:04 PM »
No.  It was nothing extraordinary...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 06:20:57 PM »
No question about it.

Erica

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 07:37:13 PM »
No, he shouldn't be given an award for what he said. And Yacov, I'm having a really hard time with your posts (duh) because of your use of ummhmm as if I'm going to say things like that. I think Imus has trouble keeping his mouth closed. Calling a female basketball team nappy headed hoes is more sexist than racist. He has the worst hair in the business, next to Donald Trump and has the nerve to call someone nappy headed. And nappy headed isn't a racist comment to me. Since my hair has been natural, I've learned the difference between having nappy hair and having hair that looks unkempt and disgusting, like Imus'. I LOVE nappy hair. But I don't like men who refer to women as hoes.

Erica

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »
He called them hoes because of their behavior. Are you excusing their behavior?

What behavior, Yacov? They were playing basketball. LOL How is playing basketball 'whore-like' behavior? He knew nothing of their personal lives.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 08:14:30 PM »

What behavior, Yacov? They were playing basketball. LOL How is playing basketball 'whore-like' behavior? He knew nothing of their personal lives.
I have to agree with Erica on this one. If he had a reason to talk about the girls like that all well and fine. The worse part of the whole thing with Imus is one day he is kissing up to blacks and the next day he comes out with outlandish statements like that. This is a classic case of people staying  on the job past the peak of their abilities. Imus should retire to his ranch and enjoy his declining days.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Erica

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 08:18:50 PM »

I have to agree with Erica on this one. If he had a reason to talk about the girls like that all well and fine. The worse part of the whole thing with Imus is one day he is kissing up to blacks and the next day he comes out with outlandish statements like that. This is a classic case of people staying  on the job past the peak of their abilities. Imus should retire to his ranch and enjoy his declining days.
What is Imus? Like, 130 years old or something. lol Its time for him to recline somewhere anyway. However, I think he should get his job back. Shock jocks like Howard Stern have gotten away with a lot more than that. Imus only has a few good months in him anyway. I say, give him the mic. I didn't know who the heck he was until I was watching CNN after he and his partner made the comment. I wasn't calling for his job then. He was just wrong for saying what he said about the players being hoes.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 08:21:53 PM »
Just a random comment, that got blow out of proportion!

Erica

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 08:23:14 PM »
Would you call someone a whore if you didn't know them? I'll say that was a huge boo-boo on his part. You don't call a woman a whore without having proof that she's living that lifestyle.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 09:09:07 PM »

What is Imus? Like, 130 years old or something. lol Its time for him to recline somewhere anyway. However, I think he should get his job back. Shock jocks like Howard Stern have gotten away with a lot more than that. Imus only has a few good months in him anyway. I say, give him the mic. I didn't know who the heck he was until I was watching CNN after he and his partner made the comment. I wasn't calling for his job then. He was just wrong for saying what he said about the players being hoes.
He looks about 130 or even more. He hard enough on the ears but when you see him its a frightening thing. He was the king of the hill when I was a kid back in the late 60's he was one of the biggest names around on the AM dial as far as music DJ's went. He had a good following as a talk show host after the AM music stations gave out however he was never my cup of tea. I think he geared his show to younger folks and I always found him and his show to be sort of stupid. I really hope he don't take to the air waves again. There is a rumor he is going  on 77am which is the big talk show station here in NY. If memory serves me I think this is where he was a music DJ back in his hay day. I listen to that station quite a bit and the thought of him having a show there is disturbing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:12:21 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
Would you call someone a whore if you didn't know them? I'll say that was a huge boo-boo on his part. You don't call a woman a whore without having proof that she's living that lifestyle.

He said it for a laugh... to be cool I guess. He would not jeopardize his Carrier on radio making a statement like that.
He is a jerk, but he was scapegoated!

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 09:40:13 PM »
He said some anti-semetic things too a while back.

After the CH riots he said what are the Jews protesting about, has the price of bagels and lox gone up? This was after 2 Jews died, countless injured, property destroyed and an incompetent mayor who let it all happen.

He is also very boring, says nothing intelligent, and shouldn't be on air. The "nappy headed ho" comment was his form of humor. It isn't funny, I think it sounds stupid, but who cares?

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 09:55:44 AM »
There are groups that want to prevent him from going back on the radio.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »
I agree CJD.  I would be disappointed if they gave the WABC Morining  drive time show to Imus.  I think he says things just for shock value/ratings but has no real convictions.  Anyway - I've started listening to another radio station up the dial.  They have The Glenn Beck Show in the mornings. He is easier to listen to then Curtis and Kuby (except when Marc Simone is on - I like him).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:26:06 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.