Author Topic: What is your favorite Shabbat Song?  (Read 10091 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What is your favorite Shabbat Song?
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 09:42:06 AM »
   I can't find the correct version of Lecha Dodi on youtube. I do have it on the Shabbat companion CD though. I know I'm stuck up with this one, but I believe that the Chabad version is the correct one.
There is no correct and incorrect. There are different compositions.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 08:45:10 PM »
   I can't find the correct version of Lecha Dodi on youtube. I do have it on the Shabbat companion CD though. I know I'm stuck up with this one, but I believe that the Chabad version is the correct one.
There is no correct and incorrect. There are different compositions.

It's all in spirit. The Chabad version is specifically setup for everyone to dance around the beema and sing "Ay Ay Ay Ay, Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay Ay." after the lyrics finish. Sometimes people will also dance to other tunes, but I haven't seen any that fit in as well. The problem that I have with some of the tunes, is that they do it just to get the welcoming of Shabbat over with so they can go home early.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 10:04:28 PM »
There are a lot of good tunes for licha dodi, not just Chabad's, and it will depend on the place and the leader/congregation as to whether it will be enjoyed or just breezed through. 

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »
There are a lot of good tunes for licha dodi, not just Chabad's, and it will depend on the place and the leader/congregation as to whether it will be enjoyed or just breezed through. 

That's why I go to Chabad.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 08:32:24 AM »
OY OY OY OY OY OY SHABBOS!!!!! SHABBOS IS COMING WE'RE SO HAPPY!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: