Author Topic: Check Out The Latest Cover Of Elle Magazine  (Read 8326 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Check Out The Latest Cover Of Elle Magazine
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:12:28 PM »
Sorry in advance for the frivolous nature of this post.  But I don't feel comfortable sharing this kind of thing except with you guys. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This girl was in that movie "Precious."  Here's a link to the article about this cover:

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/was-gabourey-sidibes-skin-lightened-for-the-cover-of-elle-2391180/

As you can see, they made a stink about how her skin was lightened in the cover photo of Elle magazine. 

But here's my problem.  The fashion industry, and news media normally insist that models be stick thin.  Never in a billion years would Elle put on its cover a white woman who happens to be 15 pounds over their ideal weight.  But if it's a black or Hispanic woman, they fall all over themselves, going on about how the girl has "sexy curves."  On the other hand, they would view ten extra pounds on any white woman as disgusting blubber. 

And it's not just with this one black woman.  Jennifer with the fat rear end Lopez has been on the cover of Elle several times.  Never have I heard anyone say the woman has a fat behind.  No way.  J.Lo is "bodacious," whatever the heck that's supposed to mean.  Personally I think she looks like a sluttishly dressed maid.  But that's just me. 

Then there's that woman Niecey Nash (sp?) of Access Hollywood, who was on "Dancing With the Stars."  When doing "Dancing" most people on the show lose weight due to their rigorous rehearsals.  But not Ms. Nash.  In her interviews, she bragged about how she wolfed down a bacon cheeseburger and milkshake for lunch, and how she gained ten pounds doing the show.  Still, the announcers of the show just called her "curvy." 

And last but not least, let's not forget Michelle Obama. 

Whereas black and Hispanic women who are fifty pounds overweight or more, get affectionately called curvy, white women ten or fifteen pounds above the ideal weight get called fat.  Either that, or reporters write that the white women in question are pregnant. 

What do you guys think? 

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Check Out The Latest Cover Of Elle Magazine
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
Lisa,

It will sound nuts, but this was an excellent film, about sexual abuse and the lies people tell themselves.  Truly excellent film

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »
There is a disgusting double-standard in which black and hispanic women are not expected to be stick-thin while white women are. I think the fashion industry is evil in the way it treats white women and wants them to maintain extremely unhealthy bodies. Why the media prefers white women to be skinny and black/hispanics women to be "bootylicious" is beyond me. I personally find curvaceous/bootylicious women far more attractive than the runway model types. There is a stereotype as well that black/hispanic men prefer bigger women and white men don't.

As for why Precious is on the cover of Elle, it's because they feel sorry for her because she's 400lbs.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 09:13:15 PM »
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 09:25:32 PM »
I remember once reading an interview with the former model Carol Alt (or perhaps it was Kim Alexis).  These women were famous models in the 80's.  Most of you guys are probably too young to remember them.  But anyway, I read in an interview that when one of them was doing a Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue photo shoot, this old hag of a fashion editor kept saying to her "Honey, your rear end looks way too big."

Now mind you, these were (and no doubt still are) gorgeous women.  Google them, if you don't believe me.  They were never fat. 

Anyway, can you imagine any fashion editor saying such a thing to Jennifer Lopez or Michelle Obama?  No way!

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 09:46:20 PM »
Pastor Manning had it right when he said Michelle Obama looks like King Kong's baby sister. Jennifer Lopez is a very beautiful woman though.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »

Is that n_i_66-3_r  GaGa?       ;D

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 10:11:30 PM »
No comment!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:02:41 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »
Eh the media  and fashion is run by pedophile homos. Skinny women are on covers b/c they have the body of little boys.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 10:49:31 PM »
Jennifer Lopez is a very beautiful woman though.

Have you ever seen her without her makeup on? :yuck:

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »
Jennifer Lopez is a very beautiful woman though.

Have you ever seen her without her makeup on? :yuck:

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 01:18:23 AM »
Eh the media  and fashion is run by pedophile homos. Skinny women are on covers b/c they have the body of little boys.
Absolutely true, they only hire models that look like men.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 01:20:21 AM »
I never was a big J-Lo fan at any point, although I must admit her body is pretty nice. She is typical celebritrash, but she bothers me a lot less than other whores like Vanessa Hudgens, Angelina Hoelie (who is a Hamas supporter), or Megan Fox (yimach schmam).

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 01:22:07 AM »
Sorry in advance for the frivolous nature of this post.  But I don't feel comfortable sharing this kind of thing except with you guys. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
You know Lisa, I said "no comment" but I lied. I actually wonder if this woman might have a hormonal issue of some sort. Fat is one thing, but having the mass of five VW Bugs is another. I'm not saying she had no hand whatsoever in creating her appearance, but her level of obesity is just so far beyond the norm that it almost certainly has a deeper medical cause too.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 02:49:28 AM »
I never was a big J-Lo fan at any point, although I must admit her body is pretty nice.

Mega-dittos.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 03:41:27 AM »
I think when it comes to the really obese women and fashion, race is a very minor factor. Have you heard of the Beth Ditto the lead singer for a band called "gossip":

But everybody knows that despite all the talk about the curature these very obese women appear on these magazine as a comic-freakish image rather than a sexy one.

On the other hand what you say about J-Lo and others it's  true that they are portrayed as real sex idols with desireable "ethnic" features.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 04:14:03 AM »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 07:07:46 AM »
The media goes out of its way to promote black/hispanic(particularly black) self-esteem and I think that's why you hardly ever see women of those races being chastised for having larger body types. It's sick because millions of white girls have developed mental and physical illnesses trying to diet themselves into stick figures because some faggot fashionista thinks they're too fat.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »
This thread has evolved into something that makes me cringe.  JTF will never take off as a mass movement if we indulge in this kind of bad behavior.  These women are morbidly obese.  They didn't do anything to anyone.  Where the hell is your compassion?  Sometimes, I really cringe at what some of these threads turn into. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:26:07 PM by JTFenthusiast2 »

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »
hispanic is a culture not A RACE, THERE ARE ALOT of white hispanics. jenifer lopez seems white to me??

But i agree, blacks are over represented in the media.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »
Her skin color being "whitened"? That's the least of her problems. I swear these shvugs look inbred! This one is hideous!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »
LISA!!! WHAT IS THAT?? MY POOR DINNER WILL SURVIVE OR NOT??? I THOUGHT BIGFOOT WAS A MYTH!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!