Author Topic: Obamas Ministry of Truth already spreading propaganda  (Read 4041 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Obamas Ministry of Truth already spreading propaganda
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 08:09:49 PM »
If you have enough political "smarts" you will know when the media is giving a snow job... In my opinion it's best to see both sides of the coin and know what the evil agenda of the day is.

Lol do you ever watch CNN or read the New York times (I used to)? I'm assuming the meaning of snow job, but these guys are reporting from Antarctica, and only ever gave me a brain-freeze.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 09:08:44 PM »
Lol do you ever watch CNN or read the New York times (I used to)? I'm assuming the meaning of snow job, but these guys are reporting from Antarctica, and only ever gave me a brain-freeze.
I do read the papers if I can get a hand me down because I refuse to pay one penny for what they are dishing out... The Times is bad however the worse in the bunch is NewsDay...A filthy race baiting rag if there ever was one... I like the Wall Street Journal about the best as far as papers go... As a rule I stick with FOX News however now and then if something big is going on I will tune into the Cable Negro News Network for a bit just to see how the spin doctors are doing... Not to say FOX is totally on the mark but half a loaf is better than nothing.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
Articles like this is how I get my upddates on the lamestream media, I am in sales and can not therefore afford to live in a vacuum. http://townhall.com/columnists/brentbozell/2012/08/15/paul_ryan_is_not_freddy_krueger

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 01:55:10 AM »
Neither me... I am just a waiting and a "watchin"   :::D

hehehe

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 01:56:36 AM »
LKZ, foul language is not allowed on the forum here, and even though there is a filter, you should still avoid using it because Shlomo has a thing about that and he has banned people in the past for it.   So watch what you are writing.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 08:27:42 AM »
This is a religious forum with young people reading. Please watch your language.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 09:19:19 AM »
Lol, I gave up on T.v. at a time when I was militantly brainwashing myself with the conspiracy ramblings of nuts like Alex Jones, David Icke, Stephanie Relphe, and William Cooper (who did predict 9/11, but also believes in aliens and tells people to read the NY times) and some violently anti-semetic ones like whale.to, that I was too shamefully clueless to realize were anti-semetic. It takes a lot from me to be thankful for what learning those lies did to me, or even just to admit it, and not just cringe in absolute shame for the things I've believed and said. I guess no t.v. is one of them, but I suppose I can see how Hashem worked in my life through those dark, dark times for me (I was pretty young and gullible too, so I suppose its not exactly right to hate myself for... hating myself...). Your comment on group-think does bring a new light to that though, which leads me to the question, how is this wacky Illuminati conspiracy stuff used to create anti-semetism? It is painfully obvious to me that it does, but how does this work?

As for print media, I sometimes scan a bit if there's a newspaper sitting on the chairs in the subway, or they're handing out the more popular one, and for the last years I haven't been able to get past a couple pages before throwing it down in disgust. The only way I could imagine anyone ever believing the deceitful filth in that crap is if you read that first thing in the morning when your head is still groggy. I really can't imagine using that as my source for news, and without alternative news sources like this (though I can vouch that a great number of alternate news sources are even more [censored]) I don't even want to imagine where I'd be today. Am I right to say that it is assumed that people will see through the lies of the lamestream news and be drawn to conspiracy junk as a way of solidifying the left wing and muslim ideals, but also hate their country and people? That's my conspiracy theory.

As for Cjd, I have my own best interests at heart, though I hold JTF in high opinion. You are the only people I've talked to outside of work and business today, and I am giving up the little time I have to work out to do it, so its like therapeutic and friendly at the same time. Why don't you just ban me for a day or something, you've been saying it for so long, I think it'd help get a load off your neck by now.
I did not see this last night... People should always have their own best interests at heart... Actually I would be happier if I never had to ban anyone... About the only thing that really gets me is when people come to our forum to cause problems ... Other than that I am quite open minded about what people post... Keep in mind we do have other moderators and Administrators that might see things differently... 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »
Remember, the reason Christians and Jews are persecuted is because the dark gets the upper hand..and once they take over because people didn't fight back,  its pretty hopeless to have freedom.  There is alot of propaganda out there designed to make you believe that all is hopeless..I don't believe that..the Democrats are loosing in all races and on all their ideas.... Governor Walker, Todd Akin, Ted Cruz,  just recently got elected...Allen West too in the primary...and many more Republicans are winning primaries...This is not the time to give up...Lies are the Devils desciples that make you feel hopeless.  The Progressive will lie right up to the end, until they are trampled in the dust.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »
Yeah I got kicked out of a boxing gym for swearing too much. Where does it say in Torah I can't swear?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 09:37:16 PM »
Yeah I got kicked out of a boxing gym for swearing too much. Where does it say in Torah I can't swear?

There is much Torah which explains why one should be careful of what one says. I don't know what this has to do with this  topic... But if you are interested in what the Torah says concerning how a Jew should speak we can discuss it in another thread.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »
http://www.webshas.org/dibbur/clean.htm

Clean Language

Clean Language and R' Yochanan Ben Zakkai

Euphemisms

Foul Speech
Regarding sexual relations: Ketuvot 8b
Use of foul language when discussing a topic which is naturally involved in such things: Pesachim 3a-b
Use of apparently foul speech, where clean speech could have been substituted: Rosh HaShanah 4a
Substituting cleaner language in the public Torah reading: Megillah 25b

Seriousness
Connection between foul language and poor lineage: Pesachim 3b
Use of disgusting words in ordinary [non-holy] speech: Pesachim 3a
Choice of extra words vs. foul speech: Pesachim 3a-3b
Divine Punishment of Children, where the Parents are guilty of foul speech: Ketuvot 8b
Foul Speech causes Divine Termination of a 70-year Prescription for Life: Ketuvot 8b

Lishna Mialya Nakat - Using Clean/Superior Language
"Asher Lo Tahor [Not Pure]" in place of "Tamay [Impure]": Pesachim 3a
"Asiyyas Tzerachim [Doing one's Needs]" to refer to sexual relations: Pesachim 109b, 110a
"Atzmo [Self]" rather than refer directly to Heaven in a negative way: Berachot 14b
"Aveirah [Transgression]" to refer to Sexual sin: Rosh HaShanah 17a
"Avdo [one's eved]" referring to paying someone for illicit sexual relations with his female eved; the Talmud refers to it as occurring between the two avadim: Temurah 29a, 30a
"Bait Yazek" instead of "Bait Yazek," place of chaining, where the witnesses who testified on the New Month stayed, if they arrived on Shabbat: Rosh HaShanah 23b
"Cheder/Prozdor/Aliyah [Various Rooms]" in discussing sections of the female genitalia: Niddah 17b
"Davar Acher [Another Matter]" for sexual relations: Berachot 8b, Yevamot 109a
"Davar Acher [Another Matter]" for Pig: Shabbat 129b, Pesachim 3b; Kiddushin 39b
"Davar Acher [Another Matter]" for tzaraat: Shabbat 129b, Pesachim 112b
"Davar Gadol [A Large Thing]" for consumption of a Limb of a Live Animal: Gittin 7a
"Dibbur [Speech]" referring to inter-gender isolation: Ketuvot 13a, 16a
"Dog" in place of "Donkey": Pesachim 49b
"Eating" in place of sexual relations: Ketuvot 13a
"Gani [Sleeping]" in place of "Buried": Moed Katan 25a
"HaKol [All]" in place of Ra [Evil]: Berachot 11b [Note that this is a rejected explanation]
"Lechem [Bread]" in place of sexual relations: Niddah 17a
"Keres [Stomach]" in place of the groin area: Niddah 13b
"Midi [Something]" for Seed: Shabbat 140b
"Milsa [Something]" in place of Death: Shabbat 136a; Moed Katan 18a, 21a, 26b
"MiVarech" [Blesses] HaShem, in place of the opposite: Pesachim 93b
"Moshav [Seat]" in place of "Merkav [Riding]" for a female rider: Pesachim 3a
"Or" [Light] in place of Laylah [Night]: Pesachim 2a-3a
"Regel [Foot]" in place of reference to genitalia: Yevamot 103a
"Rok [Saliva]" and "Peh [Mouth]" regarding semen inside a woman: Niddah 16b
"Shechitah [Ritual Slaughtering" in place of "Nechirah [Violent Murder]": Pesachim 49b
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 11:40:12 PM »
You're going to have to explain that last post to me. I'm not allowed to say foot in the place of genitalia? Its better to just say the word??

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 12:24:51 AM »
You're going to have to explain that last post to me. I'm not allowed to say foot in the place of genitalia? Its better to just say the word??

I could look at the Talmud tractate which discusses that...But I know for a basic fact that the word 'Regel' which means foot is used in place of several immodest words. In our Shacharit morning prayers on Shabbat near the end when we talk about the incense, it says that one of the ingredients of the incense smelled like 'urine' but the word which is written in Hebrew is 'Regel' or foot. I suspect I will look this up in the Talmud eventually tonight...

http://dafyomi.co.il/kerisus/points/kr-ps-006.htm

3) MAKING KETORES
(a)   (Beraisa): Ketores is composed of the following:
1.   Seventy Manos of each of the following - Tzari (sap of the balsam tree, Tziporen (Shecheles, a kind of root/annual plant; alternatively, onycha, a type of flower), Chelbenah (galbanum, a gum resin), and frankincense;
2.   Sixteen Manos of each of the following - myrrh, cassia, spikenard and saffron;
3.   Twelve Manos of costus, three Manos of cinnamon bark, and nine Manos of cinnamon. (The following are not counted among the 11 ingredients. They "serve" the other spices.)
4.   Nine Kavim of soap of Boris Karshinah (soap of Karshina; alternatively, vetch lye);
5.   Twenty-one Sa'im of wine of Kafrisim (a fruit of the caper tree; Rashi - a certain place);
i.   If Kafrisim wine is not available, (strong) old white wine is used.
6.   A quarter (Kav) of Sodom salt, an (arbitrarily) small amount of Ma'aleh Ashan (an herb that is Metamer (makes the smoke go straight up));
(b)   R. Nasan says, a small amount of Kipas ha'Yarden (cyclamen) is added. (Tosfos - some say that Sodom salt and Kipas ha'Yarden are included with the wine for soaking Tziporen, they are not added to the Ketores);
(c)   If any honey was added, it is Pasul;
(d)   If any spice was lacking, he (the Kohen Gadol) will be Chayav Misah (for entering the Kodesh ha'Kodashim without valid Ketores, and/or for burning Pasul Ketores there).
(e)   R. Shimon says, Tzari is a sap of the Ketef tree;
(f)   Karshina soap is used to rub the Tziporen (which is black), to make it nice. Tziporen is soaked in the wine, to make it pungent;
1.   Mei Raglayim (urine; Birkei Yosef, Kol Bo - water of a foul smelling spring. We would never consider urine!) would also make it pungent, but Mei Raglayim may not be brought into the Mikdash, for this would be a disgrace.
http://www.torah.org/learning/olas-shabbos/5763/devarim.html

Chazal, our Sages, say that, "Sheker ayn lo raglayim - falsehood has no feet. (Shabbos 104a)" Literally this means that the Hebrew letters which form the word sheker - shin kuf raish - are all one-footed at their base; wobbly letters. Conversely, emes - alef mem sav - are all broad-based letters; they are free-standing and firmly rooted. Symbolically, falsehood may at times have its moment in glory, but in the end truth prevails. Sheker will ultimately trip up and tip over its wobbly feet; emes is eternal. This, perhaps, is why the Torah only recounts the small bit of truth that glorified their slanderous report, for the truth within the sheker is the only thing real about it - the rest of their words were just fluff and empty airspace.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 07:50:48 AM »
Remember, the reason Christians and Jews are persecuted is because the dark gets the upper hand..and once they take over because people didn't fight back,  its pretty hopeless to have freedom.  There is alot of propaganda out there designed to make you believe that all is hopeless..I don't believe that..the Democrats are loosing in all races and on all their ideas.... Governor Walker, Todd Akin, Ted Cruz,  just recently got elected...Allen West too in the primary...and many more Republicans are winning primaries...This is not the time to give up...Lies are the Devils desciples that make you feel hopeless.  The Progressive will lie right up to the end, until they are trampled in the dust.
Great post!
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 08:33:57 AM »

No, I think his post is saying that the Talmud used the word foot as a euphemism instead of saying the particular word for genitalia.   His whole post contains places where they used a clean language instead of saying things outright.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »
No, I think his post is saying that the Talmud used the word foot as a euphemism instead of saying the particular word for genitalia.   His whole post contains places where they used a clean language instead of saying things outright.

Oh, so I'm at least supposed to say things like shucks, darn, frig and the likes?