Author Topic: Rabbi debate with self-hating Jew[-Christian?]  (Read 5982 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Rabbi debate with self-hating Jew[-Christian?]
« on: June 07, 2013, 02:36:40 AM »
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Rabbi debate with self-hating Jew[-Christian?]
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:03:36 AM »

In light of comments made in a thread with a similar purpose in the Torah section I would think the Torah section would be a better place to post this thread.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 03:06:30 PM »
The Christian in that video is not a self-hating Jew since he was never Jewish in the first place. I watched this debate before. Goods points from both sides but overall it lacked a lot because there was no moderator and rabbi mizrachi would ask like 12 to 15 questions at one time
Islam is retarded - Geert Wilders, peace be upon him

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 04:56:10 PM »
The Christian in that video is not a self-hating Jew since he was never Jewish in the first place. I watched this debate before. Goods points from both sides but overall it lacked a lot because there was no moderator and rabbi mizrachi would ask like 12 to 15 questions at one time

Haa? The Rabbi hammered the other guy.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »

Tsk tsk you must pay attention. At the end, he going on about how G-d doesn't like the Jewish people anymore and divorced them or got rid of all the commandements or whatever, and then he says "G-d called Jews a stiff-necked people. Not to offend you, I happen to be Jewish" or something like that. He did say "I happen to be Jewish" in a very resigned way like he was talking about a tumor. It made it so much more offensive. Lol at the beginning too the [censored] says "blah blah blah I love J---s, or Y-----a ha moshiah, to be less offensive". I probably would have called him a tool, with more vulgarity.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »
You banned the word [censored]? It means shower in french...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 07:16:55 PM »
Stiff-Necked people, as I explained previously, is not purely a derogatory statement by Hashem. It also has positive attributes.

http://www.torah.org/learning/kolhakollel/5765/eikev.html
Nothing But The Truth

By Rabbi Elly Broch

"And you should know that not because of your righteousness does G-d, your L-rd, give you this good land to possess it, for you are a stiff necked people". (Devarim/Deuteronomy 9:6)

"For it is a stiff necked people, and you shall forgive our iniquity and error, and make us your heritage". (Shemos/Exodus 34:9)

One of the criticisms persistently leveled against our ancestors was that they were stiff necked. What does it mean to be stiff necked? Moreover, if this is a criticism, why in the book of Shemos does Moshe appear to use it as a means to secure forgiveness for the nation?

Rashi (1) explains that the term stiff necked implies that the nation would turn the back of their necks toward those who attempt to rebuke them and refuse to listen. Sforno (2) further provides the etiology for this characteristic. It is caused by one attempting to follow his own mind and heart even though he has been instructed logically and convincingly that his ideas are incorrect. His stiff neck is manifest in his inability to "move his head" and listen to those attempting to guide and help him. Thus, in Shemos, Sforno understands that Moshe was pleading with G-d that although the nation was stiff necked and prone to commit infractions, nevertheless the nation wanted the Creator of the World to continue to dwell in their midst. Despite their stiff-neckedness He should forgive them.

Rabbi Avigdor Miller (3) explains that Moshe requested that the nation should be forgiven specifically because they were a stiff necked people. Moshe was suggesting that this trait could be directed and harnessed for unswerving loyalty to the Divine. Indeed, this is one of our permanent and conspicuous characteristics bequeathed to us from our forefathers. One little family, in a world of great nations that served idols and practiced magic, needed an enormous stubbornness of loyalty and conviction in order to resist and repudiate the prevailing influence of the world in which they lived. They were a stiff necked people that were skeptical of miracles and difficult to convince, but once they were convinced by observation of the world and open demonstrations of the presence and benevolence of a Creator, they were committed and unyielding in their loyalty. Even Bilaam, a wicked Midianite prophet who actually attempted to destroy the Jewish nation, ultimately praised them, "He kneeled, he lay down like a lion, and like a lioness; who can rouse him up?" (Bamidbar/Numbers 24:10). We are a people that fight with lion-like ferociousness when oppressors attempt to repress or interfere with our practice of our precious heritage.

This stubbornness is a trait that, like many others, has destructive potential, but if channeled and used appropriately can be invaluable. Like our forefathers, we must thoroughly investigate our heritage, making Judaism integral to our beings and our identity, while maintaining a healthy skepticism of the myriad attractive yet false ideologies that prevail. We cannot simply assimilate the false philosophies that, although unsubstantiated, have engulfed our generation. We must utilize our stiff-neckedness to uncover the truth and live loyally by it.

Have a Good Shabbos!

(1) 1040-1105; Rabbi Shlomo Yitzchaki; commentator par excellence, whose commentary is considered basic to the understanding of the text
(2) 1470-1550; classic Biblical commentary of Rabbi Ovadiah Sforno of Rome and Bologna, Italy
(3) 1908-2001; a prolific author and popular speaker who specialized in mussar (introspective Jewish self-improvement) and Jewish history, Rabbi Miller commanded a worldwide following through his books and tapes: of the tens of thousands of Torah lectures he delivered, more than 2,000 were preserved on cassettes

http://www.torah.org/learning/dvartorah/5768/kisisa.html

A Stiff-Necked Nation

By Rabbi Label Lam

And HASHEM said to Moshe, “I have seen the nation and they are a stiff-necked nation.” (Shemos 32:9)

A stiff-necked nation: They turn the back of their neck to the one rebuking them and they refuse to listen. (Rashi)

A stiff-necked nation: You might think this is an insult to Israel but it is really their praise. After they accepted upon themselves the Mitzvos of the Torah, they give their lives entirely to sanctify the Name of HASHEM. Rabbi Avin says that until this very day Israel is referred to amongst the nations of the world as a “stiff-necked people” because of their devotion to the Torah without deviation. (Shemos Rabba)

Is this description of the Jewish Nation as a “stiff-necked nation” intended as an insult or a compliment? Which is the truth? If it is meant as praise, then why mention it here by the sin of the golden calf? The context would clearly tilt in favor of an unfavorable image. Why then does the Midrash choose to color it in more flattering tones?

With prophetic vision Dovid HaMelech describes “us” as follows: “All this has come upon us and we have not forgotten You, nor have we been false to Your covenant. Our heart has not turned back nor have our steps turned away from Your path. Even though You crushed us in the place of reptiles and covered us in the shadow of death. Have we forgotten forgotten the Name of our G-d and stretched out our hands to a strange g-d? Would not G- d have searched this out for he knows the secret of our hearts!? It is for Your sake that we are killed all the day, we are considered as sheep for the slaughter.” (Tehillim 44:18-22)

In the Teshuvos HaRashba 1548, he writes about our people: “Israel the inheritors of truth, the descendants of Jacob, the man of truth, seed of truth, would prefer to suffer continued exile and its horrors rather than accept something without critically and thoroughly analyzing it, step after step, to separate out any doubtful validity… even when it appears to be miraculous and absolute”

It’s recorded in a book about the Klausenberger Rebbe, The War Years: “Even during the most terrible times the Klausenberger Rebbe never lost his focus on Avodas HASHEM. Right under the noses of the Nazis, he studied and davened, and observed Mitzvos. Without regard for his personal safety he avoided the most minor transgression of the law. A survivor named Asher Brenner recalled, “In Auschwitz I was placed into the same group as the Klausenberger Rebbe. The Rebbe suffered even more than the rest of us because of his stubbornness. He refused to eat non-kosher food. He managed to bring his Tefillin into the camp with him, and he put them on every day. Notwithstanding the great danger he organized daily minyanim for prayer services. We often forgot about Shabbos but the Rebbe avoided desecrating Shabbos every week and made sure that no one else did the work that was imposed upon him. All this, of course, drew the attention of the Kapos, and they punished the Rebbe with vicious beatings. The Rebbe accepted the beating calmly, whispering to himself verses of consolation.”

Like any other trait, stubbornness can be used for good or the opposite. Therefore, for the sake of our survival, a stinging rebuke was needed, as it were, to reset the broken bone so it would not grow firm, committed to some corrupt value. So we have survived!

The historical record of the Jewish People’s enduring loyalty, under extreme duress is not less than a glorious testament to the truthfulness of that proud title The Almighty Himself draped lovingly over us as a talis-“A Stiff-Necked Nation!”
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »
Stiff-Necked people, as I explained previously, is not purely a derogatory statement by Hashem. It also has positive attributes.

Ha yeah I thought of that when he said that. Like before, it's double offensive now and he looks like a bumbling tool.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 07:28:52 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 02:16:08 PM »

I have only heard this expression used by religious anti-Semites.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »
What kind of accent does the rabbi have?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 05:57:38 PM »
It sounds like of combination of Israeli and German.  Just my opinion though.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 08:22:21 PM »
My vote is Transylvania.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »

Israeli. Nothing to do with Germany, he is literally Mizrachi.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 02:55:05 AM »
Israeli. Nothing to do with Germany, he is literally Mizrachi.

Lol, literally Mizrachi! You are correct. I had the great honor to meet Rabbi Mizrachi in person in a lecture in Queens last year. He is an amazing speaker, and I am so grateful to him for the work he does. I have so much respect for him. He also has some great videos on his website that I recommend people check out. I studied his entire 613 Miztvot series. It is about 23 or 24 videos where he goes law by law and gives examples. It simplified it, rather than read through the entire series of books. Listening to him speak just keeps me at the edge of my seat.

His accept is completely Israeli. He was born and raised in Israel.

As for the pastor in the video, Rabbi Mizrachi did blow him away. My dream would be to have a debate where Rabbi Mizrachi. Rabbi Tovia Singer and Rabbi Skobac debate Michael Brown, Tuvya whatever and the other Jews for J guy.
Rabbi Singer did say in one of his lectures, that out of all the Messianics- the Jewish ones are the ones filled with the most self-hate. Now this pastor, is questionable. He may say he happens to be Jewish... then again, many of these missionaries happen to be "Jewish" (aka by just having a Jewish father or grandfather) so it is very questionable.

But his statement at the end, was the statement of a lost man. Hashem have a set of laws and said that they are laws for ALL TIME. But people like this pastor believe in something called "replacement theology" aka "covenant theology". A theory in which christians become the "New Jews" the "new nation" that takes over for Jews. And now they are the "chosen nation". In any events, I set a young man straight after he tried to pull this on me.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 03:09:52 AM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 03:17:04 AM »

a strong israeli accent.