Author Topic: Yasmin Levy "La Alegria" I am Sephardi so this is more my style  (Read 1924 times)

Offline REDNECK JEW

• Full JTFer
As a Sephardic Jew I am more into the passion of love and life and Yasmin Levy delivers every time!

So few Jews speak read, and write Ladino these days, so sadly here in Texas I suffer through the Broken Mexican Spanish of modern times.

I am so glad my father taught me Ladino as a Child. My mother Born A German Jew so Yes I read, write and speak in Yiddish and Hebrew as well, but Ladino to me is poetry from the very soul!
“It is a revolution; a revolution of the most intense character; in which belief in the justice, prudence, and wisdom of secession is blended with the keenest sense of wrong and outrage, and it can no more be checked by human effort for the time than a prairie fire by a gardener’s watering pot.”

JUDAH P. BENJAMIN HEBREW CONFEDERATE

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Yasmin Levy "La Alegria" I am Sephardi so this is more my style
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 01:29:16 AM »
Very interesting. I daven in a mixed minyan with a Sephardi Jew whose family is from Egypt. And a Mizrachi friend whose father is from Iraq.

I have never heard Ladino, but I believe it has a place in our souls like Yiddish does to us Ashkenaz Jews. I have a relative who wrote several books on the Yiddish language.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline REDNECK JEW

• Full JTFer
Re: Yasmin Levy "La Alegria" I am Sephardi so this is more my style
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 01:13:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing, if you would like to hear and watch some Ladino music go on Youtube and Watch Yasmin Levy Live at the Tower of David, she is so very beautiful.
“It is a revolution; a revolution of the most intense character; in which belief in the justice, prudence, and wisdom of secession is blended with the keenest sense of wrong and outrage, and it can no more be checked by human effort for the time than a prairie fire by a gardener’s watering pot.”

JUDAH P. BENJAMIN HEBREW CONFEDERATE