Author Topic: Converting a Jew to Judaism???????  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Israeli Mouse

• Full JTFer
Re: Converting a Jew to Judaism???????
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 10:26:45 PM »
Just to make a completely irrelevant point and just to state a fact; you can actually truly convert a jew to Judaism. You see for instance with the Ethiopian Jews, they didn't get divorced properly and if a woman remarried and had a child with another man the child was considered a Momzer. Now a Momzer can not marry people who were born Jewish unless they are Momzers as well I think... They can only marry converts and other Momzers I am pretty sure... Well ether way when they moved to Israel the Rabbis created doubt that they were truly Jewish, so this way just in case of them being Momzers they would be able to have a chance and they all had to convert so this way their would be no problems with them marring anyone.

Huh?
but then the children weren't fully Jewish

Lol of course they are fully Jewish, just because someone is a Momzer doesn't make them any less Jewish then any other Jew. The created doubt saying that since we were separated from them for so long that maybe maybe some or most or something are not really Jewish. In creating this doubt gave the Rabbis a chance to convert all of them so this way they wont be considered Momzers anymore and will be able to marry any Jew.
I suppose in that sense they could be considered as such,
"Let us not suffer from a national amnesia that causes us to forget who and what we are."

-  Rav Kahane zt''l