Author Topic: Was this question asked yet on ASK JTF?  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Was this question asked yet on ASK JTF?
« on: November 12, 2007, 01:13:22 PM »
Was this question asked yet?

"Are there any differences between Chaim's ideology and that of Rabbi Kahane."

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Was this question asked yet on ASK JTF?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 03:28:45 PM »
yes like a 100 times
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 03:31:44 PM »
yes like a 100 times

Well, why did you stop your post?  If he's asking you this, then Yisrael would like to know.  He doesn't already know the answer.  So you could tell him and others who don't know the answer. 

Good thread, as I'd also be interested in knowing.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 04:29:02 PM »
Thanks,

Danny, what did Chaim say?

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:17:20 PM »
Thanks,

from what i recall, he said that he agreed on a ton of things that Rabbi kahane believed..but not 100% of things..i dont' remember that much more...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 05:26:08 PM »
Thanks,

from what i recall, he said that he agreed on a ton of things that Rabbi kahane believed..but not 100% of things..i dont' remember that much more...

Depends what you mean by 'ideology'.

The ideology at play here is really 'Kahanism'.

If Yisrael wants to know the political differences the two held, two quick examples come to mind.

On America: Rabbi Kahane was an activist in support of the Vietnam War. He felt that both America and Israel's fate was somehow tied to the going's on in South Asia. Although Chaim was too young to be an activist at this time, Chaim has stated that this is a point where they would have differed.

On Israel: Chaim began a campaign to stop the Camp David Accords between Egypt and Israel in the late 1970's. Rabbi Kahane advised Chaim to direct his energy elsewhere. Rabbi Kahane obviously opposed the accords, but did not believe it was productive to fight them and risk going to jail while the larger issue of Soviet Jewry stood unresolved. Chaim has mentioned that in retrospect the Rav was correct.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:28:01 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »
I remember Chaim discussing a couple of times how Rabbi Kahane felt that it wouldn't be worth it to bomb Egyptian diplomatic targets in order to try to stop conceding the Sinai Peninsula and that it was going to happen anyway. Chaim said he thought he knew better and did the bombing anyway which caused him to go to jail. Chaim then realized that Kahane was the one who was right and that at the time Chaim thought he knew better and that's what he got for thinking that he knew better than the Rav.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:06:16 PM »
Thanks Trumpeldor and Daniel.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »
I remember Chaim discussing a couple of times how Rabbi Kahane felt that it wouldn't be worth it to bomb Egyptian diplomatic targets in order to try to stop conceding the Sinai Peninsula and that it was going to happen anyway. Chaim said he thought he knew better and did the bombing anyway which caused him to go to jail. Chaim then realized that Kahane was the one who was right and that at the time Chaim thought he knew better and that's what he got for thinking that he knew better than the Rav.

I thought it was Russia that he did, not Egypt?

Why did Kahane believe that the Sinai Peninsula was definitely going to occur?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »
I thought it was Russia that he did, not Egypt?

He definitely did both and even got into trouble for the latter, if I'm not mistaken.

Why did Kahane believe that the Sinai Peninsula was definitely going to occur?

Good question.