What are your views on Euthanasia?

Equivalent to Murder
11 (44%)
A right
5 (20%)
It depends
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Euthanasia  (Read 5670 times)

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
Re: Euthanasia
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 01:30:53 AM »
I think according to Jew law, it's ok to remove the medicine, but not directly kill that terminally ill person.

Otherwise, i won't touch that with a 60 foot pole.
Dan - Are you a medical doctor?   :)

No I'm a Dr. of Love...hehehe..
I'm a dental provider.

I just had a tooth pulled to prepare for an implant.

Didn't even get any good painkillers (ha!) just some overpowered ibuprofen.  That was a joke...I didn't need anything stronger.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 06:53:11 AM »
I think according to Jew law, it's ok to remove the medicine, but not directly kill that terminally ill person.

I'm a dental provider.

I just had a tooth pulled to prepare for an implant.

Didn't even get any good painkillers (ha!) just some overpowered ibuprofen.  That was a joke...I didn't need anything stronger.

Ibuprofen is usually better than Tylenol and Tyelon with codein because it reduces swelling as well as pain.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

newman

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 06:56:25 AM »
Where's the 'Ask Doctor Dan' thread?

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 06:58:07 AM »
I disagree with all forms of euthanasia. And I make no difference between a lethal injection and omitting a treatment. It's suicide! However if a traetment is ommitted just because that treatment causes pain, not with the purpose of letting the person die, it's wrong but not just euthanasia.
However if the person has written a will and wishes euthanasia, we can't force him to accept Hallacha. There's religious freedom!!!!

I disagree with euthanasia and think it's immoral. Imo, being a vegetable for your last moments on earth may not be worth it but for others they might remember you more, have more memories of you and your final days.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 09:45:00 AM »

Dan - Are you a medical doctor?   :)

I'm a dental provider.
Oh...my teeth ache just thinking about you guys   :-X

I was just curious if you were a doctor who had to deal with end of life issues.

no, just end of teeth issues...but then i bring new ones to life...so not all hope is lost.
If only we could do that for some people  ;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 09:48:01 AM »
I disagree with all forms of euthanasia. And I make no difference between a lethal injection and omitting a treatment. It's suicide! However if a traetment is ommitted just because that treatment causes pain, not with the purpose of letting the person die, it's wrong but not just euthanasia.
However if the person has written a will and wishes euthanasia, we can't force him to accept Hallacha. There's religious freedom!!!!

I disagree with euthanasia and think it's immoral. Imo, being a vegetable for your last moments on earth may not be worth it but for others they might remember you more, have more memories of you and your final days.
Usually - those memories, of a family member who is a vegetable, are painful ones. 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 10:47:36 AM »

I'm a dental provider.

I was just curious if you were a doctor who had to deal with end of life issues.

no, just end of teeth issues...but then i bring new ones to life...so not all hope is lost.

I make new teeth for people who don't want to look at them in a glass jar over night :)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Kiwi

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 12:24:11 AM »

I'm a dental provider.
Oh...my teeth ache just thinking about you guys   :-X

I make new teeth for people who don't want to look at them in a glass jar over night :)

the ones that screw in? they are so cool. My Aunt went to Italy to have those.

newman

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 12:27:52 AM »

I'm a dental provider.

Can you make steel ones like 'Jaws' had in the James Bond movies? :D

Kiwi

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 12:30:11 AM »
lol they make those for military dogs, because the break the fangs alot and they are replaced with steel ones.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 02:16:25 AM »

I'm a dental provider.

of course.

newman

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 02:20:53 AM »

I'm a dental provider.

of course.

I'd get a set to bite muSSlims with except those animals are so filthy and disease ridden I'd probably get something nasty!