Author Topic: Got my new rifle built (pictures)  (Read 24872 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Got my new rifle built (pictures)
« on: December 20, 2007, 12:20:56 AM »
Israeli pride

My Galil is finished being built :)

It will be shipped back to me soon, the builder is just test firing it a bit to check headspacing. Looks pretty damn sexy, I had to replace the wood handguards but overall looks like they cleaned it up a lot.

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
Re: Got my new rifle built (pictures)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:24:12 AM »
Looks nice!

Galils always look strange to me...they have the AK-47 design with an M-16 mag underneath ;-)  Is that a 16" or so barrel?  I'd be curious to know how it groups at 200m.  The sights look similar to the AK-47 clones...it's nice now that the assault rifle ban has passed that you can get these with the flash suppressor, folding stock, etc.

The only bummer is that right now ammo is too expensive!  Stupid war is driving up the price of everything, especially .223 and .308.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 01:56:24 AM »
Looks nice!

Galils always look strange to me...they have the AK-47 design with an M-16 mag underneath ;-)  Is that a 16" or so barrel?  I'd be curious to know how it groups at 200m.  The sights look similar to the AK-47 clones...it's nice now that the assault rifle ban has passed that you can get these with the flash suppressor, folding stock, etc.

The only bummer is that right now ammo is too expensive!  Stupid war is driving up the price of everything, especially .223 and .308.

The Galil is based off the Valmet RK 62 which is a copy of the AK47 but improved. The differences of the Galil over the AK are mainly cosmetic. Exceptional changes are the sights are much better than an AK47, the charging handle is upturned for use with both hands, milled receiver (reduced recoil and virtually indescructable), better ergonomics (pistol grip) with thumb safety, folding skeleton stock for compactness, 35 round magazines.

The Galil does not use M16 magazines, they are their own design, I can show you the differences of an Ak and a Galil, there are some notable differences

Here is an AK47 for comparison

This is what the Galil is based off of, the Finnish Valmet RK 62. Note the milled receiver and the sights which the Galil is similar.

Also here is the m16 magazine, you'll notice it's not as curved as a galil mag. Also Galil mags hold more rounds than the m16 mags.

Compare to a galil mag

It's possible for a galil to take AR15 magazines with a AR15 mag adapter though I don't see why anyone would want to lose the extra 5 round capacity provided with the galil mags.

While an AK47 is a great weapon, the Galil is an improved AK47, although some people don't like milled receivers due to how heavy they are. The ak47 is a stamped receiver.

Mine is the 18" barrel

In regards to ammo, I purchased some czech .223, some mexican ammo (Aquila), Lake City M855 (green tip), and some wolf .223 (Russian). Got about 600 rounds for the range. I need to get at least 3000 rounds before i'm satisfied.

I'll get some video at the range for you guys :-D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:17:07 AM by Cohen »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 02:21:33 AM »
Actually theres a large misconception, the assault weapon ban didn't prevent you from owning these guns. There were guns known as "Preban" and "afterban" it banned new manufacture of the guns, the only difference now is that you can now modify a post ban gun and get the threaded barrel or folding stock and over 10 round mags.

Unfortunately the Galil is still banned for import, only about 10,000 made it into the country :(

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 02:32:42 AM »
Cool!!! Do you hunt??
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 02:41:13 AM »
Cool!!! Do you hunt??

Hunting is prohibited in Judaism.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 02:43:23 AM »
I know they why did you get a rifle I can see a handgun for protection but why would a Jew get a rifle. I am not trying to tell you how to live but it just seems odd.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 02:45:39 AM »
Wow she's beautiful.
All I ever got to fire during service was the M-16 M2 riffle. I'm only familiar with the M16 magazine too. The day we were going to fire other weapons, I was sick :(
One day, I'd like to try others, that would be great.

Mills, I didn't know you were in the...Army?  Marines?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 02:45:55 AM »
I know they why did you get a rifle I can see a handgun for protection but why would a Jew get a rifle. I am not trying to tell you how to live but it just seems odd.

Uh...wars are won with rifles?

Seriously, when the SHTF (excrement hits the fan), we're going to need a way to fight back. And the constitution protects that right, Torah demands self defense and keeping your sword by your side, the rifle is our modern day sword.

Plus I like military history and collecting military rifles.

The constitution wasn't written so we could go duck hunting.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 02:48:25 AM »
I know LOL It's just all very interesting to me.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 02:52:49 AM »
I know LOL It's just all very interesting to me.

Even if I did hunt, I don't think my rifle would be very good for hunting, it's a 5.56/.223 (NATO round) which is basically a .22 with a lot of gun powder behind it. Not very good for taking down a deer, the .223 is still highly questionable in terms of effectiveness though it's really about shot placement more than anything. Some say the .223 has a advantage being a light round with the tumbling effect when it hits flesh though this could be due to barrel twist more than anything.

Actually there are some differences with the .223/5.56, they are not exactly the same but almost identical, a gun that is chambered for 5.56 will shoot .223 without a problem but a gun labeled .223 generally shouldn't be used to shoot 5.56.

This will be my next rifle

a FN FAL

:D

.308 is a nice size round.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 03:04:01 AM »
Also Rudy, I have handguns for personal protection as well, won't post them all up but heres my H&K USP .45, 12 round mags.

German guns aren't cheap but their built like a rock

That ones a bit too bulky to conceal but I am ordering a Jericho 941 (baby eagle) for concealment in .45, full steal gun :)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 03:44:14 AM »
Cool!!! Do you hunt??

How is hunting prohibited in Judaism? If the animal is kosher, what's the problem? Does the animal have to be farmed in order to be kosher?

newman

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 04:22:09 AM »
Cool!!! Do you hunt??

How is hunting prohibited in Judaism? If the animal is kosher, what's the problem? Does the animal have to be farmed in order to be kosher?
Yes.

Flesh "torn in the field" (hunted) is not kosher. Domestic animals that "have a cloven hoof and chew the kud" are the only acceptable mamals a Jew can eat.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 04:31:00 AM »
Cool!!! Do you hunt??

Yes.

Flesh "torn in the field" (hunted) is not kosher. Domestic animals that "have a cloven hoof and chew the kud" are the only acceptable mamals a Jew can eat.

Then how would Jewish people survive in the wild?

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 04:51:04 AM »
I fired the 7.62mm FN in the RAF cadets. Heavy, one heck of kick and a difficult sight. Unless you're a 200 lb 6'1" beefy Hassid, I'd go for something smaller! Small-framed Israeli soldiers found the FN painingly too long and powerful in 1967.

FN Fal video clip

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 07:03:25 AM »
Man, i wish i was in the united states!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
I wish i could own a gun :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Especially such beautiful REAL guns like machine guns.....sigh :'(

Beautiful guns btw!
You should get youself South African R2-5's  ;)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 07:31:23 AM »
Cool!!! Do you hunt??

True but i know quite a few who do hunt ,you want to hunt get get 308 or a 338 ;D  for grizzlys or moose
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 08:37:51 AM »
Cool!!! Do you hunt??
yes of course he does! This superb gun was developed to hunt! Hunt muslim ofcourse  O0 O0 :::D :::D :::D

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »
Beautiful, just beautiful!!!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 01:02:48 PM »
Man, i wish i was in the united states!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
I wish i could own a gun :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Especially such beautiful REAL guns like machine guns.....sigh :'(

Beautiful guns btw!
You should get youself South African R2-5's  ;)

I have seen that South Africa uses the Galil as well under the designation R4. Looks like there were a few changes to it with the stock and the gas tube. I wouldn't mind an original R4. What is the South African R2-5?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »
I fired the 7.62mm FN in the RAF cadets. Heavy, one heck of kick and a difficult sight. Unless you're a 200 lb 6'1" beefy Hassid, I'd go for something smaller! Small-framed Israeli soldiers found the FN painingly too long and powerful in 1967.

FN Fal video clip

SNIP

I'm about 5ft11, 250 pounds. I've handled a FAL with no problem :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 01:16:36 PM by Cohen »

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 01:14:02 PM »
man, I love all these guns O0 O0 O0 O0

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 02:28:41 PM »
Hopefully these guns are put to some good use in the future.   Anyways, how easy it is to change a 10 round cartridge to a 30 round one? 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:33:00 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »
I hope i'm not the only one armed to the teeth on the forums. We need more Jewish gun owners ;).