Author Topic: The Great Debaters is Insulting my intelligence.  (Read 28284 times)

Just Erica

Re: The Great Debaters is Insulting my intelligence.
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2008, 11:55:01 PM »
Anyone else who feels insulted having to endure a movie that claims blacks beat the Harvard debating team, Please speak up.
How is the movie insultulting your intelligence, judea? Why is it so hard to believe that there are, in fact, great debaters who are black in our country?

Yes, it's extremely hard to beleive.

Erica, being perfectly honest. I have NEVER met a black person who I considered my intellectual equal. Most that I meet are illiterate and stupid as the day is long.

And it's not because I shut myself off from black people. I am one of the only whites at my company that even SPEAKS to the black people at my company.

And to be honest, Erica. They are all borderline retarded.
So now you know ALL black people? LOL Are you serious? ALL BLACKS are borderline retarded? Any proof?

Plenty of Proof. Scientific Proof.

Read the Bell Curve.
That bell curve only proves that there are intelligent people and there are people who aren't intelligent...it doesn't prove that G-d hates blacks and made them inferior to whites to prove that blacks are unintelligible idiots.

Hopefully Scraibin can provide some THEOLOGICAL proof that blacks are less intelligent than whites. After all, G-d's will decided that 'blacks would be unintelligent'.  ::)

Did I claim that?

Why are you answering Scriabin through me?

Answer him and me seperately.

According to the data in the Bell Curve, African Blacks average 70IQ.

That is considered retarded. Forrest Gump got higher than 70.

An entire continent dumber than Forrest Gump. Amazing.
Does that mean that ALL blacks were "Bell-curve" tested?  As far as me answering Scriabin...I'm sorry, I'll answer him when he comes back.

I think you look at stats way too much. I think the entire point of statistics like that to even be tested is so that some people in the white race can feel superior to everyone else. I don't consider anyone affiliated with the KKK, intelligent at all because if they knew what I know, schooling is out there for everyone to get a peice of the pie. Sometimes these conversations make me angry, but now I'm becoming bewildered because this seems to be what makes people happy. "Blacks are retarded...the bell curve proves it!" All it proves is that THOSE TESTED have a low IQ.

Ok, so are there any statistics that you WOULD trust in these matters?
I don't go by statistics because judging people by statistics doesn't work for me. I judge people by how they treat others and me. An ignorant black person (mentioned him before in another thread) says that ALL white people are evil. I know that not to be true because I know outstanding white people who have had a positive effect on my life. They greatly outnumber the white people who were evil towards me.

Well, Erica when I combine both statistics and personal experience which I have had then I can't help but come to the conclusion that Blacks are intellectually inferior. I have not met one black that I consider to be my intellectual equal. Most are simply dumb as the day is long and the stats back up what I have seen on the street.
But didn't you tell me just yesterday that no blacks have actually hurt you, but that you are tired of seeing Millions and Millions of whites being victimized by blacks?

Aside from that, I'm not inferior to anyone, nor am I superior to anyone. I do think that for anyone to say (eventhough I said that evil blacks are inferior to those who are not evil...) that they are superior or "BETTER" than anyone else is a really egotistical view.

Humor me though, what is the extent of your intellectual prowess?

You are once again confusing me with someone else.

And by the way, intellectually certain people are superior or inferior to other people. Just the facts maam.

As far as my IQ, on certain tests I have tested as high as 160 but my general average is 140.

That is 70 points higher than the average Black African,
          55 points higher than the average Black American,
       48.5 points higher than the average Hispanic,
          40 points higher than the average White,
          35 points higher than the average Asian,
and     25 points higher than the average Jew.

I also know Four languages, English, Yiddish, Hebrew and Aramaic.
I can read atleast 5 different Alphabets. I am quite proficient in ancient northern semitic texts as I can read ancient canaanite. I am fairly well read therefore I do quite well on answering Jeopardy questions.

What else would you like to know, Erica?
You've fulfilled my query quota, Judea. You are intelligent. :) The last time I had my IQ tested, it was 125. My husband scored 135. It's funny though, eventhough your IQ is higher than mine, I don't feel inferior. lol I actually think that "superior" and "inferior" are words that were made to either down one person or raise the spirit of the other.

Yes, those words were made to either down one person or raise the spirit of the other. Of course, that is the definition of those words.

You and your husband are very rare.

If you look at the average Black American IQ score on a Bell Curve there are as many Blacks with your IQ as there are blacks with a 45 IQ and as many Blacks with your husband's IQ as there are blacks with a 35 IQ.

Any human being with a 35 or 45 IQ is deep in retarded territory.

Very Deep.

So you have to be cognizent of your own scarcity.

As the Bell Curve says "If you have been able to read this far into this book, you have already been IQ screened in the 95th percentile."

Poignant and true.
I don't know, Judea. I have a sister who will be 29, who has been reading since she was 3. I believe she tested 145 on her IQ test (I'll have to ask her) . I, on the other hand believe I had a learning disability so I didn't really start to read fluently until I was in 7th grade. According to my test scores in elementary school, I should have been recieving IEP's from that point on. My reading in 7th grade was at a 4th grade level. My math in 8th grade was at a 6th grade level. Maybe that speaks to the truth that I didn't have a lot of help at home with homework...or maybe it just speaks to the possibility that I was actually that "retard" you talk about. That's a lot to ponder; however, as I look back, I notice that I had people in my life who thought I was more than capable of making it work. And they weren't who they should have been. Maybe this is one of the reasons that I don't hate white people. My best teachers were white. Not because they took on teaching poor black kids but because they showed genuine concern and care when it came to our education. Now I have to do the same thing for my girls with LD. The Bell Curve says that they're below average... I don't think that.

Don't just dismiss the Bell Curve out of hand.

You're smart enough to read and understand it. So read it yourself and THEN decide whether you agree or not.
I'll read it, but if the entire idea of the Bell Curve, is to establish this "There is us... then there is THEM  " mentality, I want no part in it.

What do you think of mentally disabled people, in general, Judea (and Scriabin)?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2008, 10:56:43 AM »
I think they should be treated with kindness.

Please be more specific with your question.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2008, 11:00:11 AM »

Howecer, if the 'mentally challenged' present a danger to the wider comminity they should be locked up or put to sleep.

Just Erica

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2008, 10:25:53 PM »

To be more specific, since you think that 'retarded' people are inferior is this what you think of mentally disabled people, really? Be it, people with LD, Dyslexia, Reading Difficulties..." What do you think?

Just Erica

« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »

Howecer, if the 'mentally challenged' present a danger to the wider comminity they should be locked up or put to sleep.
Newman, you never cease to amaze me. The mentally challenged are who they are because of severe trama or developmental dificiencies. Those who pose a threat to society like people with severe cases of schitzophrenia, are normally locked up but some aren't tested because their parents don't think anything is wrong with them. I'm not really speaking of them though. I'm speaking of anyone who is born with a developmental problem, whether cognitive or otherwise... those who may register on the Bell Curve at below 70.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2008, 12:24:42 AM »

To be more specific, since you think that 'retarded' people are inferior is this what you think of mentally disabled people, really? Be it, people with LD, Dyslexia, Reading Difficulties..." What do you think?

"What do you think?" is not specific.

I am opposed to euthanizing them, if that is what you're asking.

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Just Erica

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »

Do you think they're inferior?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2008, 01:03:26 AM »

Of course they are, what are you talking about?

You think they are equal to those with full mental capabilities?!?!?!?!

Just Erica

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2008, 02:27:37 AM »

I think what  makes them equal is that they're human beings. Bashing them because they were born with difficulties is just wrong. Its almost like calling a person with a disfigured face, ugly because your face isn't disfigured.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2008, 11:54:15 AM »

I think what  makes them equal is that they're human beings. Bashing them because they were born with difficulties is just wrong. Its almost like calling a person with a disfigured face, ugly because your face isn't disfigured.

It's also like saying that a person with excess fat storage on his body is fat and a person without excess fat storage on his body is thin.