Author Topic: GOP Debate Tonight on CNN  (Read 2101 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
GOP Debate Tonight on CNN
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »
If anyone wants to watch.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: GOP Debate Tonight on CNN
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »
what time?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:45:30 PM »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:50:02 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 04:55:16 PM »
8:00 PM ET from the Reagan Library.  CNN might repeat the debate 3-4 hours later.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 12:40:23 AM »
Interesting debate.  Although I  think they're all weak, at least Mcaine alluded to Islam as the enemy, but I wouldnt support him because he is a traitor when it comes to Amnesty.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 12:51:36 AM »
McPain needs to drop out of the race.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 01:04:10 AM »
huckabee won this debate by a country mile

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 01:14:07 AM »
mostly because they didnt allow paul to speak for more than 3 min the entire debate.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 01:20:58 AM »
mostly because they didnt allow paul to speak for more than 3 min the entire debate.

i dont like ron paul, but why invite him, then make a fool of him by interupting him???

Its just embarrasing...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 03:43:38 AM »
When asked about the economy, Ron Paul was convinced that the economic downturn is because we aren't on the gold standard.  I'm surprised he didn't blame it on UFO's or a vast Zionist conspiracy.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 03:55:29 AM »
huckabee won this debate by a country mile

Lmaooo @ You  your mile is short there jack..

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/whos-got-your-vote-now/20080130121609990001

Thats why both Huckabee and Paul are flounderings. Neither of them can defeat the clout of McCain he has a huge Washington backing.   See you are livig in a fantasy world on this election.   And now all these empty suits are going to the McCain camp the best shot is Romney he is able to go to toe to toe with McCain. 
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 04:58:44 AM »
When asked about the economy, Ron Paul was convinced that the economic downturn is because we aren't on the gold standard.

Lets hear your pearl of wisdom on the reason for the economic downturn in this country...

The fact that we have artificial interest rates is largely to blame for our economic problems in this country.  Because of these artificial interest rates the fed is empowered to print more money whenever it is needed for the purpose of stimulating the economy.  The problem is that the economy is cyclical.  However whenever we start to go into the downward part of the cycle the fed pumps in more money and makes it so that when we do fall its going to be a big one (which is what we are facing now).  If we were on the gold standard the market would not have been overly liquid and created the dot com bubble or the housing bubble.  These problems were created because there was too much easy access to money. 

How is being off the gold standard not to blame.  Who is at fault in your book? 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 12:35:31 PM »
Lets hear your pearl of wisdom on the reason for the economic downturn in this country...

I'm a professor of Finance and Economics, so I could bore you to death with the details. 
But to keep it simple, an economic downturn is caused by by the same thing that has caused every economic downturn.. a speculative bubble bursting, one that is typically built up with debt.

99% of the population (Including Ron Paul) doesnt even know what the gold standard is.  He beleives in Pseudo Economics that has been disproven time and time again, but he's a wacko conspiracy fanatic to the grave.  Getting economic advice from him is like getting parenting tips from Michael Jackson.

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 03:09:49 AM »

I'm a professor of Finance and Economics, so I could bore you to death with the details. 
But to keep it simple, an economic downturn is caused by by the same thing that has caused every economic downturn.. a speculative bubble bursting, one that is typically built up with debt.

99% of the population (Including Ron Paul) doesnt even know what the gold standard is.  He beleives in Pseudo Economics that has been disproven time and time again, but he's a wacko conspiracy fanatic to the grave.  Getting economic advice from him is like getting parenting tips from Michael Jackson.

Ok, so apparently i need details because you have just kind of proven his point as far as i can tell so please bore me with details and if you don't want to do it here please send a PM because i am genuinely interested.  Because of the market being overly liquid from the fed being able to set the interest rates artificially low the fed created the speculative bubbles that you are talking about (because we are not on the gold standard and can print money out of thin air).  Also he is not an advocate of the gold standard necessarily, but he does advocate having the currency tied to a hard asset and allow for competing currencies in the US so that it can not float freely at the whim of a private bank, aka the fed, and people can diversify their savings.

Also please explain to me how Austrian economics has been disproven because as far as i can tell it has not in anything that i have ever seen.  It only gets criticized because of its rejection of the typical market testing methods.

Since you are a professor i hope for an academic type explanation that has actual points instead of statements so i can atleast understand your position.

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 07:34:42 AM »
bumping this because i am still interested in the answer.