Poll

Should calling Persian Jews "Iranian" be banned?

Yes.
11 (50%)
No.
11 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you think it should be banned to call Persian Jews "Iranian"?  (Read 5050 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Do you think it should be banned to call Persian Jews "Iranian"?
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 04:51:02 AM »

Honestly I am torn with this issue, I have a deep love for many Iranians, I speak Farsi and would happy living there, which I did for two years........But I hate Iran's Muslims that have caused so much evil.

I begged and poured many thousands of dollars in helping the Jews there........

I know each to there own, but Persians can mean anything in its title. 

Why don't you also pour many thousands of dollars to JTF?

Because I am a major supporter of B'nai B'rith, and the Minuteman project in the USA. Each in turn take $1000 a month, I simply can't afford to give any more money.

I am not a rich woman anymore.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 06:41:54 AM »
Is B'nai B'rith a liberal Jewish organization?   

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 07:30:45 AM »

It takes all Jews regardless of belief and Righteous Gentiles.

A Jew is a Jew to them. As they are to me.  8;)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2008, 09:15:21 AM »
Well there really no Iranian in any event,Iran consists of turkomen ,azerbajanis ,arabs,armenians and persians. Since Jews lived there so long they should'nt be called Iranian but Persians.But if your a Jew who lives in Iran they will call you Jew
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 10:30:13 AM »
No, I deal with alot of Irani Jews. They are proud of who they are. I think they should be left alone.

They have enough hate against them as it is.

But this is to protect them from being called Iranian just like banning the word Hispanic was to protect white Latin Americans.

They don't see being called Iranian as in insult. it is apart of who they are as much as anything else

Skippy, I find the name "Iran" to be in itself, offensive.  Like i mentioned earlier, I refer myself as "Persian".  Iran in the name one gives for the Islamic Republic which has single handedly destoryed the nation.

And honestly, should I really care?  No..I'm a Jew and Israel is my real home.  Farsi is not my real language...It should be Hebrew.

Honestly I am torn with this issue, I have a deep love for many Iranians, I speak Farsi and would happy living there, which I did for two years........But I hate Iran's Muslims that have caused so much evil.

I begged and poured many thousands of dollars in helping the Jews there........

I know each to there own, but Persians can mean anything in its title. 

I'm torn on this too. I was not born there, nor have I ever visited.

I do not hate Persian culture.
And I'm sure Iran is a beautiful country otherwise.
Those Iranians who identify themselves as Muslims but aren't Islamic and probably, otherwise, Zorastrian, for the most part, might be decent people.
Islam has tarnished the reputation of the country.
I'm not torn on supporting havoc in Iran since they have chosen to curse Israel.
But, hopefully once again, it will be a decent nation amongst other nations in the future in our lifetime.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »

Very, they went agains't Rav Kahane, its not good to give to them, a lot of the $ is wasted, and if used the wrong way can even couse averot for a person, instead of the intended mitzvot. Jews have to be careful in the way they "spiritually invest". You have to find a worthy cause (es) that you can see that your $ is producing something positive. The best usually is when it is for the learning of Torah, and to give either to individual Talmedi Hachamim, or to legitimit organizations who sponsor Yeshivot or public Torah learning and spreading events.
 Also about feeding the poor, and feeding people. It is only a mitzva if the one you are feeding says a blessing on the food. The Ben Ish Hai writes that if you have a quest for example, and you tell him lets go wash hands for bread and he refuses, then their is no Mitzva to give him bread, and in actuality it is Assur (forbidden).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »

Very, they went agains't Rav Kahane, its not good to give to them, a lot of the $ is wasted, and if used the wrong way can even couse averot for a person, instead of the intended mitzvot. Jews have to be careful in the way they "spiritually invest". You have to find a worthy cause (es) that you can see that your $ is producing something positive. The best usually is when it is for the learning of Torah, and to give either to individual Talmedi Hachamim, or to legitimit organizations who sponsor Yeshivot or public Torah learning and spreading events.
 Also about feeding the poor, and feeding people. It is only a mitzva if the one you are feeding says a blessing on the food. The Ben Ish Hai writes that if you have a quest for example, and you tell him lets go wash hands for bread and he refuses, then their is no Mitzva to give him bread, and in actuality it is Assur (forbidden).

The US side was very iffy, but thank G-d other countries do better work with the money.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 05:57:27 PM »
Yes, so-called Iran should be part of Biblical Israel. O0

Not true, that is far beyond the Euphrates River.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 06:48:05 PM »
Yes, so-called Iran should be part of Biblical Israel. O0

Not true, that is far beyond the Euphrates River.

The land the Jews will acquire will based on their numbers.  Certainly having the Nile to the Euphrates will only create a vacuum of wild beasts to inhabit the land.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 11:46:48 PM »
yes, but not any more so than it should be banned to cool US Jews American
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 12:32:56 AM »
Yacov, please get a hobby!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 04:42:04 AM »
When I think of Iranian, I think of TerroriSSt muSSlim NaziSS  >:(, so yes the term should be banned

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 12:08:39 AM »
When I think of Iranian, I think of TerroriSSt muSSlim NaziSS  >:(, so yes the term should be banned
should it also be banned to call a Jew from America, American since it often leads to ideas of a liberal corrupt nation?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 07:25:22 AM »
Let's ban women singing while we are at it..

oh and if that is the case, let's ban listening to men who sound like women too.

:( >:( :o

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 08:07:09 AM »

oh and if that is the case, let's ban listening to men who sound like women too.

I can see the music industry going against JTF.

And maybe they can explain to my 11 month old nephew why aunty skip doesn't sing him to sleep any more. ::)

Offline Italianpride877

• New JTFer
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 11:22:32 AM »
actually it would make sense to ban calling Persian Jews iranian

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »
 ;D  I was sitting today with friends and some persian Jews who referred to themselves as Iranian (or Eroni). I dont understand how they also like and listin to Iranian music, whatever, I was in a rush so I didn't ask them.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 05:33:11 PM »

Nice  O0 . I agree.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 10:31:36 PM »

Nice  O0 . I agree.

ummm, I was exagerrating..i hope you realize that...

As far as Persian music..It's ok..

But honestly, I can't understand any Persian Jew calling him/herself Iranian...We are JEWS!! first and formost!

These persians are the types that would "return to Egypt" so to speak if it were "safe" to return.  Stupid people...

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 10:36:49 PM »

Nice  O0 . I agree.

But honestly, I can't understand any Persian Jew calling him/herself Iranian...We are JEWS!! first and formost!

These persians are the types that would "return to Egypt" so to speak if it were "safe" to return.  Stupid people...

I know you were, but in reality if you weren't I still would agree. Thats why its more funny.

I wouldn't judge them that fast though. I dont know them well, but okay they said 1 thing. Anyway its not that much different from us in the US saying were American Jews.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 10:38:20 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 10:50:44 PM »

Nice  O0 . I agree.

I know you were, but in reality if you weren't I still would agree. Thats why its more funny.

I wouldn't judge them that fast though. I dont know them well, but okay they said 1 thing. Anyway its not that much different from us in the US saying were American Jews.

Well, I'm a Jewish American of Persian decent...

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11:36 PM »

Nice  O0 . I agree.

no, your just a jew
KAHANE TZADAK!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 11:27:22 PM »

Nice  O0 . I agree.

I see no difference with saying you are a Iranian Jew or a  Persian Jew or a Polish Jew or an Italian Jew, what the most important thing is you are a Jew.  ;)