Author Topic: Am I going to go to hell?  (Read 9199 times)

wonderfulgoy

Am I going to go to hell?
« on: August 30, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »
I just realized the other day, that I made a post in the old JTF forum asking about names of G-d.

Now I realize that it was stupid to ask, but the topic was deleted.  Am I therefore responsible for the effacement of the Ineffable Name?

I don't believe there is any way I can atone for this.   ???

Also, I have violated the Sabbath day even after learning how sacred it is.

Is my soul going to be destroyed?

Scriabin

Re: Am I going to go to hell?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 04:47:25 PM »
Sounds sarcastic.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 04:48:26 PM »
I am not sure if you are serious or not but I will assume you are.

People make mistakes, if you do teshuva, you can be forgiven for even the worst Averot. Mind you true Teshuva is a difficult process. Consult a local Rav on exactly how to do Teshuva for your specific Averot
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »
I am not sure if you are serious or not but I will assume you are.

People make mistakes, if you do teshuva, you can be forgiven for even the worst Averot. Mind you true Teshuva is a difficult process. Consult a local Rav on exactly how to do Teshuva for your specific Averot

Thank you.

Yes, I am serious.

I only realized it a short time ago, that the mods effaced a thing I had written with some English names of G-d written therein.

In truth my soul in unclean and I need to cleanse myself.  :)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 11:27:21 PM »
   It is my understanding the according to Jewish thought we all go to Gahenem for a short period of time so our souls can be cleansed before we go to Ganaiden. Hashem won't destroy souls, but evil souls like those of Hitler will be in Gahenem for a long time. Killing of over 11 million people results in a real long time in hell.
   While Gahenem is not an eternity for anyone, the Rabbis claim it is so painful that it feels like one.
   Reincarnation is another Jewish thought but not the same as the hindus. Sometimes hashem will give someone a second chance to fulfill certain mitzvas such an orphan in one life wanting to honor their parents.
   I'm no authority on Jusiasm so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:18:02 AM »
Gehenim is temporary for Jews, even bad Jews. For Goyim especially those who harm the Jewish people, or fight against the Torah, they can go to places worse then Gehenem, and yes it can be eternal. So Hitler will be suffering forever in agony we could never imagine, as he, and all the enemies of the Jewish people deserve.

If a Goy is righteous they will also have a place in the world to come.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 10:16:26 PM »
Gehenim is temporary for Jews, even bad Jews. For Goyim especially those who harm the Jewish people, or fight against the Torah, they can go to places worse then Gehenem, and yes it can be eternal. So Hitler will be suffering forever in agony we could never imagine, as he, and all the enemies of the Jewish people deserve.

If a Goy is righteous they will also have a place in the world to come.

Do the Goyim go to either heaven or hell for eternity without going to the other, or do they have a cleansing process just like the Jews have. I know they have the temporary place after death where they have to just wait.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 01:27:31 PM »
no such thing as hell in Judaism... there's the temporary place (Gehenem) like you said where your soul is purified so that it can be with G-d. This includes gentiles. Not everyone has to go to Gehenem. And YES, righteous gentiles are guaranteed a place in the world to come. A righteous gentile is one who follows the Noahide laws (the laws Noah followed and G-d considered him a righteous man).

The seven laws (commonly rendered as Sheva Mitzvot Shel Bnei Noach) are:

1. Do not worship false gods.
   2. Do not murder. (murder is not self-defense)
   3. Do not steal (or kidnap).
   4. Do not be sexually immoral (forbidden sexual acts are traditionally interpreted to include incest, bestiality, MALE HOMOSEXUAL sex acts, and adultery.)
   5. Do not "bless God" euphemistically referring to blasphemy.
   6. Do not eat any flesh that was torn from the body of a living animal (given to Noah and traditionally interpreted as a prohibition of cruelty towards animals)
   7. Set up a system of honest, effective courts, police and laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noahide_Laws
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 01:31:26 PM by jeffguy »
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Rhuan

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 07:52:17 PM »
Just out of interest, can you give any quote from the torah to back up this idea of there being no such thing as hell?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 09:03:51 PM »
That's kind of a rhetorical question.

If it doesn't talk about it... then how can I show you how there's no such thing? It's kind of like asking where in the Bible does it say there aren't any UFOs like on Aliens.

I'm not trying to be rude... just don't know how else to explain that.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 09:20:28 PM »
   The concept of hell, which is often referred to in the New Testament as Hades is a pagan concept. While we(Jews) disagree with the Christians about this concept, we believe they will have their place with hashem in the world to come as long as they are righteous.

Offline rebel_conservative

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 04:19:09 PM »
   The concept of hell, which is often referred to in the New Testament as Hades is a pagan concept. While we(Jews) disagree with the Christians about this concept, we believe they will have their place with hashem in the world to come as long as they are righteous.

most Christians  ;) this Christian rejects Hellenist concepts like hell and the trinity

Rhuan

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 04:32:56 PM »
Hellenist concepts?

What happens to people that can't be allowed to enter heaven when they die?

And the trinity...

So, are you saying that you are a christian and saying that, Jesus is not part of God, and that the holy spirit is not paart of God?

That makes no sense.

yephora

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 05:09:04 PM »
Takebackourtemple wrote: The concept of hell, which is often referred to in the New Testament as Hades is a pagan concept.

And when it is referred to in the Tanach as Gehenna and Sheol, is it still a pagan concept?
Or is it a Jewish concept dismissed as a pagan concept by those wishing to dismiss the entire concept?

Takebackourtemple wrote: While we (Jews) disagree with the Christians about this concept, we believe they will have their place with hashem in the world to come as long as they are righteous.

In which case they (and you) are in trouble, because "There are none that are righteous; no, not one" (Psalm 14:3; Romans 3:10).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:09:54 PM by yephora »

yephora

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 05:17:57 PM »
Rebel Conservative wrote: this Christian rejects Hellenist concepts like hell and the trinity

No, you reject the New Testament concepts of Hell and the Trinity. In which case you are no Christian at all.
The best you can lay claim to is being a CINO - Christian in Name Only.
Which again is no Christian at all.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 07:01:35 PM »
Quit dogging on rebel_conservative for not believing in hell or the trinity. I don't believe in those either.

We've got worse enemies than each other.

yephora

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 07:07:51 PM »
Enemies? We're discussing ideas.

Rhuan

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 07:46:42 PM »
Quit dogging on rebel_conservative for not believing in hell or the trinity. I don't believe in those either.

We've got worse enemies than each other.
The thing is, you don't say you're a christian.

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2006, 12:39:39 AM »
I should have made it clear that the conception of hell that I referred to was permanent soul-destruction, destruction of consciousness for all time after death.  I don't believe in the concept of 'final judgement' or resurrection to burn in Hell, these are not Biblical concepts.  Hell is simply not being with G-d; which is why we often talk of 'Hell on Earth', which sometimes we are all afflicted with.

The Koran draws heavily on the unBiblical notion of 'Hell' (as anything other than not being with G-d) in threatening people to be Muslim 'or else'.  It is just a form of spiritual extortion, so it is no wonder this is the theme the Koran dwells on and returns to constantly.

yephora

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 01:21:57 AM »
Get thee hence Satan wrote: I don't believe in the concept of 'final judgement' or resurrection to burn in Hell, these are not Biblical concepts.
-—
Oh really? Better get thee to a Bible then:

Jesus said: “And these shall go away unto everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life” (Matthew 25:46).

Jesus said: “Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more they can do. But I will warn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, who, after He hath killed, hath authority to cast into gehenna; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him” (Luke 12:4-5).

“. . . and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest day and night . . . “ (Revelation 14:10-11).

“They shall be tormented day and night forever and ever . . . and if any was not found written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:10,15).
[all emphases added]

yephora

Apology to 'Get thee hence'
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »
I mistakenly thought you called yourself a Christian. Otherwise I wouldn't have quoted the New Testament to you.
No matter though. The Tanach will do:

“The sinners in Zion are terrified; trembling has seized the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring flame? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?”  (Yeshayah/Isaiah 33:14).

“Their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be extinguished” (Yeshayah/Isaiah 66:24).

“Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake. Some shall live forever, others shall be an everlasting horror and contempt” (Daniel 12:2).

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 11:27:13 PM »
I concede defeat to you yephora.  I have consulted authority and it is true that wicked people would be condemned to conscious agony in 'hell' after death.

You have revealed my doctrinal ignorance.

I am going to leave now and do more study before I post again.

G-d bless you!  :)

yephora

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 12:50:18 AM »
No, Get thee, you have won. In 'defeat' you have believed Biblical truth. That is a win by any measure  :)

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 05:39:26 PM »
'And let not your imagination give you hope that the grave will be a place of refuge for you; for perforce were you formed, and perforce were you born, and perforce you live, and perfoce you die, and perforce you will in the Hereafter have to give account and reckoning before the supreme King of kings, the Holy One, blessed be he.'  (Aboth)

We would all be free to sin with impunity if there was no reckoning at the end of our lives.  I.e., life would be worthless, carefree, just like the liberal hippies and the Darwinists assured us it was.

yephora

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 05:56:22 PM »
Exactly. Saying there is no reckoning is like saying there is no God. And if there is no God, everything is permissible.

Which is why there are atheists, deviants, Darwinists, secular humanists, Communists, Maoists, pagans, satanists . . .