Author Topic: a different kind of gas boycott for all us jtfers...  (Read 1606 times)

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
a different kind of gas boycott for all us jtfers...
« on: March 13, 2008, 12:59:35 AM »
A FRIEND SENT ME THIS NOVEL IDEA... THIS COULD BE GOOD... IT IS THE BEST IDEA I'VE HEARD OF YET TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SLIME... SEND THIS OUT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS... nik.

Subject: Fw: WOW!! This could work...

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive.  It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton.  If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"  campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration.  Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer, and it might go higher!!  Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.  The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.  Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap.  Me too!&nb sp; It is currently $3.19 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!  And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How?  Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to f orce a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.   
If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.  It's really simple to do!  Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people.  If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ...  and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached ove r THREE MILLION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....  THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.  That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people....  Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.  But I am .  so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take?  If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days !!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.  I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.  THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!! Keep it going.

"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: a different kind of gas boycott for all us jtfers...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 01:11:07 AM »
Nice thought, but it would never work to reduce gas to $2 a gallon.  If everyone stopped buying from Exxon and Mobil, they might be forced to lower their prices by 10 or 20 cents, at which point millions of Americans will start buying their gas again, and eventually the prices will go back up to normal.  That's just how the market works.  There aren't enough Americans who would be committed enough to pay 20 cents more for gas, knowing that they could go down to the Mobil and pay 20 cents less.  People just aren't committed/farsighted enough. 

Also, it's not even known whether it's possible that the other gasoline companies can sustain that type of supply to all American gasoline consumers, enough to fill the supply that was previously provided by Exxon and Mobil.  If Americans actually committed themselves to not buying oil from Exxon and Mobil, the supplies of other gasoline would dwindle, meaning the prices would go even higher because when supply goes down and demand stays the same, prices skyrocket.  Non-Exxon and non-Mobil gas would shoot up even higher than the price was before, maybe up to $5 a gallon.  Then Mobil and Exxon could RAISE their prices to say $4.50 and people would buy it. 

Economically, this plan doesn't make any sense. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 01:20:05 AM »
of course you are absolutely right... i didn't think it thru... oh well... back to the drawing board... thanks... nik.
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:23:02 AM »
Well don't buy from these companies anyway. They buy Arab terrorist oil.

Buy from the local smaller companies which often get their oil from America or South America (not great but better than giving it straight to Al Queda).

Hess, Citgo and Sunoco or any other small company are all preferable to Exxon Mobile Shell and Chevron.

We should send an email around about that.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:25:44 AM »
i don't have those by me in l.a. i go to union 76... i'm sure they are all jew-haters and filthy with arab oil products... nik.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 01:28:11 AM »
of course you are absolutely right... i didn't think it thru... oh well... back to the drawing board... thanks... nik.

Thanks for posting it anyway nik, the good intention is there.  I think these types of schemes and ways to get gas prices lower can only do is harm in the long run.  Even if the prices are lower, we are giving millions of dollars to the oil shieks, and if gas prices are low we will have much less of an incentive to develop alternative energy.  The only way we're going to get off oil is if the gasoline prices get so high, it becomes economically more efficient to use alternative energy.  This is one of the great consequences of higher oil prices even though it hurts us in our pocketbooks. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 01:29:03 AM »
Well don't buy from these companies anyway. They buy Arab terrorist oil.

Buy from the local smaller companies which often get their oil from America or South America (not great but better than giving it straight to Al Queda).

Hess, Citgo and Sunoco or any other small company are all preferable to Exxon Mobile Shell and Chevron.

We should send an email around about that.

Yes, this is a good idea.  Here's a great website to find out more about it.

http://www.terrorfreeoil.org/

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 01:34:10 AM »
thanks jab... n.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 02:28:34 AM »
This idea wrongly assumes that America's oil consumption exists in a vacuum.

The reason it can not have any effect is the growing demand for oil by India and China, a limited supply, and the falling value of the dollar against other world currencies.

When Exxon-Mobil posts the greatest corporate profits in all of recorded history, it worries not at all if America slows its consumption of oil, because within a short time Americans will be forced to resume consumption purchases at current market rates.

Most economists have agreed that at $4.00/gal. and above, our economy will completely collapse and be unable to function.

We are already at the point of no return thanks to reduced purchasing power of our dollars.

Each rise in the cost of oil results in increased agricultural production costs as well as increased transportation costs for all agricultural and industrial products.

I believe we will sooner than expected be forced to go to war over energy supplies, or simply wither and die as a civilization.

Unless a miraculous alternative energy source immediately replaces oil, the only transportation in the U.S. is going to be walking, horse-drawn carriages, and horseback riding; exactly as was the case prior to the 20th Century.

The lighting of our homes and infrastructures will be drastically reduced, as will our ability to heat and air condition our homes.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 02:35:52 AM »
This idea wrongly assumes that America's oil consumption exists in a vacuum.

The reason it can not have any effect is the growing demand for oil by India and China, a limited supply, and the falling value of the dollar against other world currencies.

When Exxon-Mobil posts the greatest corporate profits in all of recorded history, it worries not at all if America slows its consumption of oil, because within a short time Americans will be forced to resume consumption purchases at current market rates.

Most economists have agreed that at $4.00/gal. and above, our economy will completely collapse and be unable to function.

We are already at the point of no return thanks to reduced purchasing power of our dollars.

Each rise in the cost of oil results in increased agricultural production costs as well as increased transportation costs for all agricultural and industrial products.

I believe we will sooner than expected be forced to go to war over energy supplies, or simply wither and die as a civilization.

Unless a miraculous alternative energy source immediately replaces oil, the only transportation in the U.S. is going to be walking, horse-drawn carriages, and horseback riding; exactly as was the case prior to the 20th Century.

The lighting of our homes and infrastructures will be drastically reduced, as will our ability to heat and air condition our homes.

How does this make sense for Exxon-Mobile? Why would they encourage the speedy end to the only product that keeps them in business?

Don't you think that if they run out of oil they will go into the business of solar or electric power for lack of anything else to sell?
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 03:11:01 AM »
Unfortunately oil is a fungible commodity. Any use from one sector would be replaced by another. That is why that plan will not work. However, electric cars are already being produced with reasonable infrastructure. The price right now however is prohibitive. Tesla motors produces a $100,000 sports car and will produce a $60,000 sedan within the next year or two. There was a recent announcement that Israel is also going to invest in electric car technology.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 03:13:59 AM »
The fact that our government is not offering huge tax breaks for producers of electric cars to help keep their costs and prices down is a testament to just how traitorous our government is.

This is no-brainer. Don't tell me they don't see this opportunity.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 03:49:06 AM »
This is absolutely terrible!
I'm a student and temporarily unemployed (but hopefully not for long) so it's hurting me as I have to drive SEVERAL miles to school! And to several other miles for job interviews etc...  So I have NO $$$ to pay for gas!

I have my brother's Chevron credit card that I have to pay for myself with my misly savings. But I don't want to use it to avoid getting any high amount that I can't afford to pay later, YET if I don't use the card, I don't have any $ to pay for gas out of my pocket :( And I can't afford to go anywhere else BESIDES Chevron, I need to use the card otherwise I wont be able to go to school with my car.  :'(

My Yaris is supposed to do like 30 mpg in streets but lately, it's been misbehaving and eating up gas like CRAZY! I don't know what to do.

And get this.... gas is like 3.49 where I live!! So I'm freaking out already.

I do have a website to offer. I would do it to my car but it seems too complicated to run your car on cooking oil and I don't know if I want to change my system or if I can. And my car is on lease so it's not really mine and can't alter it. But it might be able to help someone else. I WISH I could run my car on grease! This is just terrible! TERRIBLE!!!  :'(

http://www.greasecar.com/

I remember in 2001 gas was like less than 1$ and I do remember it started to go up and people were all freaking out that it was going to pass $1!!!  ;D ONE DOLLAR and people were flipping out! Look at us now!

Maybe some kind JTFer in  your area will help fix your car. Maybe put up a thread.

That's what we're here for. I would help, only I have no clue about how to fix cars.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 08:38:01 AM »
The fact that our government is not offering huge tax breaks for producers of electric cars to help keep their costs and prices down is a testament to just how traitorous our government is.

This is no-brainer. Don't tell me they don't see this opportunity.

No doubt. Jorge would not approve of electric cars.