24 (88.9%)
No
1 (3.7%)
I don't know
0 (0%)
WHO!?
2 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you love Gd?  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Do you love Gd?
« on: March 17, 2008, 09:36:35 AM »
 :D
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Do you love Gd?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »
Absolutely, though sometimes I don't appreciate his sense of humor. :P

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »
I will always love G-D some people don't know that he has a reason for everything like when people passaway that is there time to go and be home

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
No, where was god during the Holocaust and other crimes against humanity? Was he busy with a new divine plan?
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 04:50:27 PM »
I will always love G-D some people don't know that he has a reason for everything like when people passaway that is there time to go and be home

Oh really? Ask the Serbs how much they like to go home.
Free Javakh!!!

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 04:51:28 PM »
God is a weak excuse to rely on miracles and not defend your homeland with weapons.
Free Javakh!!!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 04:52:40 PM »
Defends who's homeland the Jews

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 05:00:01 PM »
No, where was G-d during the Holocaust and other crimes against humanity? Was he busy with a new divine plan?

There were people who should have acted in ways to prevent the Holocaust, that God would have called upon to act. Their failure to obey God's commands, or do what they were called by God to do to prevent this horror, can not be blamed on God.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
No, where was G-d during the Holocaust and other crimes against humanity? Was he busy with a new divine plan?

not sure..but i'm not goign to ask where Gd was except for that fact He was and will always Be.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 05:05:38 PM »
I love Him.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline bubby

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 05:18:35 PM »
wow what subject, i would have to say in what sense? as a family member [fraternal love, brotherly love] or as someone i could love in an erotic capacity, or which is above all the love of the will as King David spoke of. withought a doubt these three kinds of love encompass all that love is and the highest of all these is the love of the will." I love to be in your word, i love to do your will" these are some of Davids quotes in the psalms,however David committed adultary and murder not to say G-D condoned these he punished him, but the truth is David really was a man whose heart overall was for G-d, i would like to say that i love G-d and i do in a fraternal way but i know my heart is for the most part not in accordance with his will so i guess i do and i don`t

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 05:47:51 PM »
wow what subject, i would have to say in what sense? as a family member [fraternal love, brotherly love] or as someone i could love in an erotic capacity, or which is above all the love of the will as King David spoke of. withought a doubt these three kinds of love encompass all that love is and the highest of all these is the love of the will." I love to be in your word, i love to do your will" these are some of Davids quotes in the psalms,however David committed adultary and murder not to say G-D condoned these he punished him, but the truth is David really was a man whose heart overall was for G-d, i would like to say that i love G-d and i do in a fraternal way but i know my heart is for the most part not in accordance with his will so i guess i do and i don`t

no i just mean love...forget how..simply love...like loving your parents, or your siblings or your spouse or your best friend...

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »

no i just mean love...forget how..simply love...like loving your parents, or your siblings or your spouse or your best friend...

This is exactly what I feel.  O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »

He caused it. The holocaust is not an excuse to deny G-d. Just the opposite, G-d warns that bad things will come from bad actions and to those who began to say that their is no punishment for bad actions were all shown in this world, how much more soo the punishment in the world to come?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 06:00:39 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline bubby

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 05:59:41 PM »
cool, i think you mean reposing in him<<?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 06:08:19 PM »

He caused it. The holocaust is not an excuse to deny G-d. Just the opposite, G-d warns that bad things will come from bad actions and to those who began to say that their is no punishment for bad actions were all shown in this world, how much more soo the punishment in the world to come?

but who's to say death is a bad thing and a punishment?

I'm not going to question why Gd does something or doesn't do something. All I have a right to say is, "He always was and will always Be."

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 06:11:44 PM »

I'm not going to question why Gd does something or doesn't do something. All I have a right to say is, "He always was and will always Be."

A young death (probably under 40 is concidered young) is concidered a bad thing.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline bubby

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 06:24:07 PM »
a young life livedin rebellion taken maybe before their "Time"  mayby thats an eternity in hell. do you know , can you, teach us what are your credentials ? are you G-d?

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 06:53:21 PM »

If so, what did the Jews do to warrant such punishment?
Formely known as "1986"

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:07 PM »
Love him with all my heart.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 07:09:18 PM »
Re:  "...where was G-d during the Holocaust and other crimes against humanity? Was he busy with a new divine plan?..."

Most Jews raised within Christian nations like the U.S.A. who have not committed themselves to a study of Torah, subconsciously adopt the prevailing majority view that "G-d is Love"..."G-d is Peace"..."G-d is forgiveness"...etc., all Christian concepts of G-d as realized in the concept of "The Good Shepherd".

However, the G-d of Torah is not revealed as "Mr. Nice Guy" who is absent of all attributes such as jealousy, vengeance, punishment, and anger.

I would never attempt to explain the doings of G-d, but I do tend to think that those who ask "Where was He during the Holocaust?" would be better served to ask of themselves the question "Where did I get this idea that G-d is always such a "nice guy in the sky"?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 07:12:39 PM »

A young death (probably under 40 is concidered young) is concidered a bad thing.

To us humans it is definitely a bad thing...but we are only human to think so...i think death of a parent no matter the age is a terrible thing... but Gd is Gd...it would be a bad thing to say how Gd acted or punished because it would be stating that He has limitations in His actions, Gd forbid.  You are not going to tell a child who lost his 40 year old father to an accidental death that it was a punishment...you are simply going to say, "Blessed be He who gives us life."

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 07:14:52 PM »
Re:  "...where was G-d during the Holocaust and other crimes against humanity? Was he busy with a new divine plan?..."

Most Jews raised within Christian nations like the U.S.A. who have not committed themselves to a study of Torah, subconsciously adopt the prevailing majority view that "G-d is Love"..."G-d is Peace"..."G-d is forgiveness"...etc., all Christian concepts of G-d as realized in the concept of "The Good Shepherd".

However, the G-d of Torah is not revealed as "Mr. Nice Guy" who is absent of all attributes such as jealousy, vengeance, punishment, and anger.

I would never attempt to explain the doings of G-d, but I do tend to think that those who ask "Where was He during the Holocaust?" would be better served to ask of themselves the question "Where did I get this idea that G-d is always such a "nice guy in the sky"?

interesting angle...but why would Gd simply destroy the very thing He took extra special care in creating and say that it was good?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 07:24:38 PM »

If so, what did the Jews do to warrant such punishment?

Many things, I dont want to repeat myself, but if you really care their are those who are willing to be truthful and do explain many of these things in writings and in Shirum, amoung others- their are teachings from Rav Kahane and Rav Benyamin Kahane (a small booklet named "confronting the Holocaust", also different Rabbanim like Rav Ovadia Yosef Shlita have explantions.