Author Topic: Bless my enemies, O Lord  (Read 24906 times)

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
Bless my enemies, O Lord
« on: March 28, 2008, 08:45:18 AM »

Bless my enemies, O Lord. Even I bless them and do not curse them.

Enemies have driven me into Your embrace more than friends have. Friends have bound me to earth, enemies have loosed me from earth and have demolished all my aspirations in the world.

Enemies have made me a stranger in worldly realms and an extraneous inhabitant of the world. Just as a hunted animal finds safer shelter than an unhunted animal, so have I, persecuted by enemies, found the safest sanctuary, having ensconced myself beneath Your tabernacle, where neither friends nor enemies can slay my soul. Bless my enemies, O Lord. Even I bless them and do not curse them.

They, rather than I, have confessed my sins before the world.

They have flagellated me, whenever I have hesitated to flagellate myself.

They have tormented me, whenever I have tried to flee torments.

They have scolded me, whenever I have flattered myself. They have spat upon me, whenever I have filled myself with arrogance.

Whenever I have made myself wise, they have called me foolish.

Whenever I have made myself mighty, they have mocked me as though I were a dwarf.

Whenever I have wanted to lead people, they have shoved me into the background.

Whenever I have rushed to enrich myself, they have prevented me with an iron hand.

Whenever I thought that I would sleep peacefully, they have wakened me from sleep.

Whenever I have tried to build a home for a long and tranquil life, they have demolished it and driven me out.

Truly, enemies have cut me loose from the world and have stretched out my hands to the hem of Your garment.

Bless them and multiply them; multiply them and make them even more bitterly against me --

so that my fleeing to You may have no return; so that all hope in men may be scattered like cobwebs; so that absolute serenity may begin to reign in my soul;

so that my heart may become the grave of my two evils twins: arrogance and anger;

so that I might amass all my treasure in heaven;

ah, so that I may for once be freed from self-deception, which has entangled me in the dreadful web of illusory life.

Enemies have taught me to know -- what hardly anyone knows - that a person has no enemies in the world except himself

One hates his enemies only when he fails to realize that they are not enemies, but cruel friends.

It is truly difficult for me to say who has done me more good and who has done me more evil in the world: friends or enemies.

Therefore bless, O Lord, both my friends and my enemies.

A slave curses enemies, for he does not understand. But a son blesses them, for he understands.

For a son knows that his enemies cannot touch his life. Therefore he freely steps among them and prays to God for them.

Saint Nikolai Velimirovich , Prayers by the Lake

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
Re: Bless my enemies, O Lord
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:51:58 PM »
JelenaSrb,

I am proud of you  O0

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 01:17:19 PM »
I am proud to be Orthodox and Serbian! :) Хвала Богу што имамо Светог Владику Николаја! Прави српски Златоуст! :)

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 01:18:31 PM »
I am proud to be Orthodox and Serbian! :) Хвала Богу што имамо Светог Владику Николаја! Прави српски Златоуст! :)

Please continue to inform us with this kind of articles!

Thank you..

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 01:34:13 PM »
I hope it will not be a problem to our brothers ( by Adam) Jews! :) I have a feeling that they do not like to read about Christian Theology ( in this case ..Orthodox)  Actually, they do not like when Lord Christos is mentioned at all!  :-\ It is understandable! However,  I think when we talk about Kosovo it is inevitable to be discussed from "religious"  point of view not only political!  After all, we ( Serbs) know very well why Kosovo is our Holy Land!

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 01:40:13 PM »
I hope it will not be a problem to our brothers ( by Adam) Jews! :) I

True all people are the descants of Adam.
It does not matter if they are Greek, Jewish or Muslims. We are all descants of the fallen man Adam.

I have a feeling that they do not like to read about Christian Theology ( in this case ..Orthodox)  Actually, they do not like when Lord Christos is mentioned at all!  :-\ It is understandable! However,  I

They have no problems believe me  :)..
Feel free to post something about our religion Jelena.
But we can not expect from the Jews to completely understand the principles of the Orthodox Christian Church.

IIt is understandable! However,  I think when we talk about Kosovo it is inevitable to be discussed from "religious"  point of view not only political!  After all, we ( Serbs) know very well why Kosovo is our Holy Land!

Yess, we need also to take a look from a religious  point of view not only political.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 01:41:53 PM by DALMACIJA »

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »

Yes, we all are brothers and sisters by Adam and Eve ! But there is a New Adam ..and a New Eve!:) I am sure you understand what I mean! :) I don't expect them to understand completely but It would be great if they would just learn that Orthodoxy is the only true Christianity! And not to mix with many heresies!

I will post more religious texts in near future! :)

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 02:00:03 PM »

Yes, we all are brothers and sisters by Adam and Eve ! But there is a New Adam ..and a New Eve!:) I am sure you understand what I mean! :)

Jesus was the new Adam.

Who is new Eve Jelena?

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »

Watch this!!

The Birth of the Theotokos 

The spotless Virgin is born,
The Holy mother of the Holy Christ
rejoice you old, and you young,
the Lord has build Himself a home.

The beautiful Virgin is born,
among all women she's a bright star,
old Eve does rejoice,
she is blessed through the Holy Virgin.

This feast is bright and great-
the modest child is born,
the one who brings together earth and
heaven all by God's providence.

It's the same wonderful Virgin,
the old prophet dreamt about,

it's the sceptre that has bloomed,
it's celebration of the wise world.

Sweet smelling lilly she is
the whole universe bears Her scent
She is the golden bridge and the ladder,
the dove white and pure.

God's Church rejoices
and bows deep to Her,
It sings together and out loud
All-Holy Virgin have mercy on us!!!

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »
Yess, but Maria has not the same status just like JESUS CHRIST.

I know that you know that  :)

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 02:21:31 PM »

Yes! But I didn't say it was  the same status! :) 

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 02:37:03 PM »

Yes! But I didn't say it was  the same status! :) 

Well, we never used to discribe Marija as the new Eva..
I was more thinking about that..  :)

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 06:16:11 AM »

it is very common in Orthodox Christianity to say for a dear Theotokos to be a New Eve! But we never say " Marija" only! Protestants would say something like that!  Especially not after Her glorious Ascension! Right after God there is a woman! :)  She is greater than all Saints!

It is Truly Meet to call Thee Blessed, the Ever Blessed and all Immaculate and Mother of Our God. More Honorable than the Cherubim and beyond compare more glorious than the Seraphim. Thee who without corruption gavest birth to God the Word the Very Theotokos, Thee do we Magnify.

Most Holy Mother of God, save us.

Do you know the song " Agni Partene" ? :)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 09:14:27 AM »

Yes, we all are brothers and sisters by Adam and Eve ! But there is a New Adam ..and a New Eve!:) I am sure you understand what I mean! :) I don't expect them to understand completely but It would be great if they would just learn that Orthodoxy is the only true Christianity! And not to mix with many heresies!

I will post more religious texts in near future! :)

Jews respect any religion that doesn't force itself upon them, and I think you should do the same. It's great that you believe that Orthodox Christianity is the true religion, I don't think Jews and other Christians have a problem with that, as long as you don't tell them what they should and shouldn't believe.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 09:41:19 AM »
  what do you guys think about new religions: protestants, baptists, Jehovah's witnesses etc?
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »
  what do you guys think about new religions: protestants, baptists, G-d's witnesses etc?

I respect them as Humans. I believe also that you have honorable and faithful people among them too.

According to the Orthodox point of view the other churches like the Roman church and the Protestantic churches who separated their selves from the Apostolic church of Jesus Christ are considered as the fallen churches.

They represent an other religion.
With other words they do not share the same faith as we the Orthodox Christians do.

Offline DALMACIJA

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 11:08:01 AM »

it is very common in Orthodox Christianity to say for a dear Theotokos to be a New Eve! But we never say " Marija" only! Protestants would say something like that!  Especially not after Her glorious Ascension! Right after G-d there is a woman! :)  She is greater than all Saints!

It is Truly Meet to call Thee Blessed, the Ever Blessed and all Immaculate and Mother of Our G-d. More Honorable than the Cherubim and beyond compare more glorious than the Seraphim. Thee who without corruption gavest birth to G-d the Word the Very Theotokos, Thee do we Magnify.

Most Holy Mother of G-d, save us.

Thank you for the information Jelena.

I support the idea that we must also discuss subjects from religious point of views.
Our whole Serbian identity is based on the principles of the Orthodox Church.
There is no Serbdom without Orthodoxism.

Without the Serbian Orthodox Church we wouldn't today exist as Serbs.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 11:37:26 AM »

it is very common in Orthodox Christianity to say for a dear Theotokos to be a New Eve! But we never say " Marija" only! Protestants would say something like that!  Especially not after Her glorious Ascension! Right after G-d there is a woman! :)  She is greater than all Saints!

It is Truly Meet to call Thee Blessed, the Ever Blessed and all Immaculate and Mother of Our G-d. More Honorable than the Cherubim and beyond compare more glorious than the Seraphim. Thee who without corruption gavest birth to G-d the Word the Very Theotokos, Thee do we Magnify.

I support the idea that we must also discuss subjects from religious point of views.

True! :)
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 01:38:51 AM »

Righteously said O0

Orthodox Christianity is essential for righteous Balkan countries O0 O0 O0

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 04:54:29 PM »

ORTHODOXY RULES!!! 

THREE FINGERS HIGH AND PROUD!  :) :) :)

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 12:38:02 AM »
Long live Serbian people and my husband's Jewish people!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 03:34:25 AM »
Long live Serbian people and my husband's Jewish people!

G-d bless them O0

Offline JelenaSrb

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 06:21:22 AM »
How am I suppose to know who is a Jew and who is a non-jew on this forum?

Offline Serbian Cetnik (šumadinac)

• Pro JTFer
    • Military Photos and Forum
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 09:40:08 PM »
ask?

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 04:48:17 AM »
Yeah typical Christian BS, love your enemy and turn the cheek.
You people are insane, you don't understand what you're dealing with here.
If you wanna survive this war you need to hate your enemy as much as possible HATE IS STRONGER THAN LOVE, AND I YOU WILL NOT GO TOO FAR WITH YOUR GULLIBLE IDEOLOGY.
They are your enemies, they have invaded you and you need to take your country back even if that means war, you need to kill your invading enemy and take your territory back. If they wanna leave without resistance that's fine, but if they do resist there's no other option but to kill them, if of course you wanna survive. This is a matter of Darwinian survival, mother nature doesn't tolerate weakness you're weak you're going down. Muslims are cancer they infest countries and your country needs to be cured from this cancer.
HATE YOUR ENEMY.
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.