Author Topic: Majority of South Believes God Gave Israel to the Jews  (Read 6453 times)

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
Majority of South Believes God Gave Israel to the Jews
« on: September 01, 2006, 12:29:23 PM »
A recent national poll of over 2,000 Americans found that the majority of white evangelical Protestants and those in the South support the belief that the state of Israel was given to the Jewish people by God.

Among the surveyed religious groups, white evangelical Protestants stand out with 69 percent supporting the belief that God gave Israel to the Jewish people, according to the survey released by The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life last week. Moreover, a full 59 percent subscribe to the belief that Israel is the fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

The views were also well accepted among black protestants with 60 percent believing Israel was given to the Jews by God and 56 percent believing Israel fulfills the prophecy of the second coming.

However, the percentage supporting these views dropped significantly among Catholics and white mainline Protestants, which both raked percentages in the low twenties for both views.

In addition to their strong support among white evangelical Protestants, the beliefs were also popular in the South with some 56 percent believing that God has bestowed Israel to the Jews and nearly half, 45 percent, saying Israel fulfills biblical prophecy on the second coming of Jesus.

Findings also show that a majority of those who view the Bible as the literal Word of God say Israel was given by God to the Jews and that Israel is the fulfillment of prophecy (70 percent and 62 percent, respectively). The numbers were significantly lower among those who do not believe the Bible is the actual Word of God.

A more recent Pew survey conducted Aug. 9-13 found a majority of Americans (52 percent) sympathized more with Israel when compared with the Palestinians (11 percent). Support is stronger among those who believe that Israel was given by God to the Jewish people and those who see Israel as the fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

Regarding the second coming of Jesus Christ, the results reflect the importance of this teaching in most Christian traditions with 79 percent of Christians saying they believe that Christ will return to earth someday. Only 20 percent believe Jesus will return to earth in their lifetime.

To read the complete report visit: pewforum.org

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
Re: Majority of South Believes God Gave Israel to the Jews
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 12:59:43 AM »
Thanks for the statistics and for the link, habiru.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 02:56:24 PM »
Southern Evangelicals are also busily promoting black supremacy in their programmes.

They have adopted a politically-correct facade some of which they don't believe in at all (re: negroes) and some of which have dark ulterior motives.  They are probably boosting Israel because they want Jews to leave their country and go live there.

Of course they will never publicly admit this.

Anyway, never make friends with someone who believes on Jesus.  They are always eyeing you up and trying to take advantage of you in tender moments to believe in their false prophet.  Never be a close friend with an observant Christian, just be respectful of them and always bear in mind they want you to leave their country.

Which is GOOD, don't get me wrong.  This is all part of the L-rd's plan for His people.  :)

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:33:22 PM »
Southern Evangelicals are also busily promoting black supremacy in their programmes.

They have adopted a politically-correct facade some of which they don't believe in at all (re: negroes) and some of which have dark ulterior motives.  They are probably boosting Israel because they want Jews to leave their country and go live there.

Anyway, never make friends with someone who believes on Jesus.  They are always eyeing you up and trying to take advantage of you in tender moments to believe in their false prophet.  Never be a close friend with an observant Christian, just be respectful of them and always bear in mind they want you to leave their country.

Which is GOOD, don't get me wrong.  This is all part of the L-rd's plan for His people.  :)

I find your comments offensive and I say this as an orthodox Jew.

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 08:25:31 AM »
I find your comments offensive and I say this as an orthodox Jew.

I apologize very sincerely for causing you offence, it is just that I have little love for Christians having grown up around them.

Then again, maybe they hate me just because I am a wretch, and I deserve all the scorn in the world for being so worthless.

Do forgive the evil impulse which bids me presume to type as a representative of righteousness when only filthiness proceeds from my loins!

Offline mentsh

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 09:20:28 AM »
I may be crazy but that didnt sound like a sincere apology...

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 11:39:57 AM »
I may be crazy but that didnt sound like a sincere apology...

Ya... this "Get thee hence Satan" person has sounded sarcastic for a while now and has said some crazy things. I think it's someone posting weirdness to get attention or to make fun of the other members.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Rhuan

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 11:52:04 AM »
As a christian I can tell you that no true christian would hate you.

We are taught to love our neighbours as ourselves, and to love our enemies.

I may also add, that yes, I beleive that God gave Israel to the Jews, actually, when I say Israsel the land I am referring to is larger than what is now called Israel...

Furthermore, who told you that you are a wretch, who told you that you are worthless?

"God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestocks according to their kinds and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Then God created man, then:

"God saw all that he had made and it was very good. And there was morning and there was evening the sixth day" Genesis 1:31

Before he makes man he says that everything is good, after he makes man, he says that everything is very good. What has changed? The addition of man. God made man and it saw that it was very good.

If God made you and saw that you were very good, by what right do you call yourself worthless? Who are you to argue with what God has said?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:53:55 AM by Rhuan »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 12:44:46 PM »

I got a few laughs out of some of this garbage however I to am starting to feel that this poster is stirring the pot. Your posts are quite offensive and really don't have much of a point. You should really try to post something that makes some sense.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 03:18:21 PM »
I'm not an American, maybe this is why we have a clash of culture?

The interaction between Jew and non-Jew in Britain is very different.  There is blatant anti-Semitism in my country (UK) like none of you would probably believe.  It is literally open, widespread and goes unpunished.

I do genuinely apologize to the sincere Zionist Christians of the U.S. and elsewhere.  It's just that here in the UK things are different.

I am sorry, really, and I should bear in mind that U.S. Christians are totally different, much nicer people.

No I don't want to offend anyone at all, really :)

Rhuan

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 04:15:36 PM »
I live in the UK.

gentilerighteous

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 04:30:39 PM »
I live in the South East USA, and What I got to say bout this is
"You damn right. That's exactly what God did"

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/9836/newmaptopoldmapbottomka3.jpg

Another Land that has a great deal in Common with Israel (As I see it) Is Kashmir,
Israel and Kashmir are the junctions of three Empires and three Religious Groups, and FOlks been fighting over that region too.

I say Israel encompasses the BLue on the map, Kashmir the red,

nuff said.

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 04:37:28 PM »
As a christian I can tell you that no true christian would hate you.

You are among a select few in the UK.

The whites who live here are now almost as degraded and bad as the hordes of Muslim invaders.  JTF readers are Israel/America-centric and don't know about the 200,000+ Islamics coming into the UK since 1997.

Not only that but I was a student at university until recently and experienced first-hand that even among the white middle class there is a zealous hatred of Israel and of the Jewish faith in general.

Islamic organizations prosper in UK universities because these places are breeding grounds of Jew- and white-hatred.

The UK is a finished country and I hope to leave very soon, G-d willing.  But to the extent that the UK is still blessed, and has any remaining redeeming features, it is thanks to Christians such as yourself, for whom G-d spares the whole country from the abyss.  But alas, the weight of sin and filth is drowning out the tiny minority of righteous Christians and the UK will soon be utterly swamped by ISLAM.

Rhuan

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 04:56:31 PM »
I personally don't hold quite such a pessimistic view, though I agree that my country is in a terrible state, also of note, it's degradation is pretty much directly proportional with the drop in attendance of church.The number of people in the UK who are actually proper christians now is probably below 10% of the population.

I can actually add, that I have been called a "dirty Jew" by some people, even though I'm not a Jew... (My great grandparents were)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 04:58:47 PM by Rhuan »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 05:10:27 PM »
I can actually add, that I have been called a "dirty Jew" by some people, even though I'm not a Jew... (My great grandparents were)

On your mother or father's side?
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Rhuan

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 05:21:32 PM »
Mother's side, my mother's grandparents, I'm not sure if they were practising Jews, I do know for definite that their parents were, and that my mother's grandmother was killed in a nazi gas chamber, they didn't care if the person was a practising Jew or not, my great grandfather somehow escaped germany, and got to america, however, beleiving that his wife and children were dead he killed himself. He was however mistaken, his children were alive and well in the UK. They were able to leave germany just in time. (One of his children being my grandmother, the other being my err, I think that great uncle is the right term, they're both dead as well now though, natural causes. I know that neither of them were practising Jews. Well, at least not in their later live)

gentilerighteous

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 06:14:50 PM »
"The UK Is finished as a country."
AND YOU SEE NOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET A BUNCH OF RAGHEADS INTO A NATION WHERE THEY DONT BELONG!

(And I , as a Zionist Christian am defending Get Thee Hence Satan)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 07:14:21 PM »
Mother's side, my mother's grandparents, I'm not sure if they were practising Jews, I do know for definite that their parents were, and that my mother's grandmother was killed in a nazi gas chamber, they didn't care if the person was a practising Jew or not, my great grandfather somehow escaped germany, and got to america, however, beleiving that his wife and children were dead he killed himself. He was however mistaken, his children were alive and well in the UK. They were able to leave germany just in time. (One of his children being my grandmother, the other being my err, I think that great uncle is the right term, they're both dead as well now though, natural causes. I know that neither of them were practising Jews. Well, at least not in their later live)

Does it go down the mother's side for your parents too? In otherwords, do you have a link to them through mother, grandmother, great-grandmother?

Rhuan

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 07:23:54 PM »
I thought I'd described it for you already, to make it clearer:

Last known practicing Jewish couple in my family tree.

Their daughter, may or may not have been a practising Jew, was definately killed in a nazi gas chamber.

Her daughter escaped nazi germany to britain.

Her daughter was my mother

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 10:18:19 PM »
I thought I'd described it for you already, to make it clearer:

Last known practicing Jewish couple in my family tree.

Their daughter, may or may not have been a practising Jew, was definately killed in a nazi gas chamber.

Her daughter escaped nazi germany to britain.

Her daughter was my mother

Then you are Jewish, Rhuan. It goes down through the mother.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 10:50:57 PM »
Jeffguy :

The only thing I can think of is that his mother was not observant of Judaism at all.. married a Christian man, and he was raised a Christian. You're talking about traditional custom which is completely understandable, but faith is a way of living life, not a genetic bloodline.

Get thee Hence Satan :

The British helped the Nazis, the Americans fought them. Anti-Semetism goes back a long way in Europe, though there are "Christians" all over the world, there are very few countries with practising Christians left. I hear the argument sometimes, "Oh, Christians are peaceful people? Hitler was a Christian, Stalin was a Christian.. look at what they did".
These people are not Christians. Yes, they may have come from a Christian background, but that doesn't mean anything.
It's the same example for most Jews in America. Certain people may call themselves Jewish, but what do they really mean by that? They come from a Jewish background, they have a Jewish name, but they stand for absolutely none of Torah Jewdaism's concepts. Actions speak louder than words. They're not Jews. Get it?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »
Jeffguy :

The only thing I can think of is that his mother was not observant of Judaism at all.. married a Christian man, and he was raised a Christian. You're talking about traditional custom which is completely understandable, but faith is a way of living life, not a genetic bloodline.

Religion isn't what determines if someone is Jewish... thus Jews for Jesus.

Rhuan

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
Surely, three or four generations of non practising Jews cuts the line?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 02:22:30 PM »
Re:  "...Surely, three or four generations of non practising Jews cuts the line?..."

NOTHING CUTS AN ETERNAL COVENANT WITH GOD.

If you let your bills become delinquent, and your contract with your creditor is written as an eternal contract, then you owe the creditor.

Choosing on your own to let your account lapse changes the creditor's part of your contract not the least.

Rhuan

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 02:44:28 PM »
I may officialy be a Jew, but I hold to my belief in the Lord Jesus Christ as the messiah.