Poll

Classical Music do you listen to it

Yes love it
No hate it
Dont care for it
What the point of it

Author Topic: Classical Music  (Read 3985 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Classical Music
« on: May 05, 2008, 04:10:50 PM »
Classical Music what are your thoughts about it?

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
Re: Classical Music
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 04:14:31 PM »
LOVE IT  O0
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 04:16:40 PM »
Couldn't live without it.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:21:15 PM »
I like it very much! :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 04:27:06 PM »
I sing it  O0

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »
Who is your favorite composer ?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 04:35:48 PM »

Georg Friedrich Händel and Michel-Richard Delalande  O0

Jean Baptist Lully is also great, but not as good as this two.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 04:41:41 PM »
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ,Franz Schubert ,Hector Berlioz ,Johann Gottlieb Janitsch ,Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
just to name a few

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »
Mozart, Bach, Verdi, Hugo Alfvén, Puccini, Vivaldi, Rossini, Vaughn Williams to name a few

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 04:55:46 PM »
who on this forum can play a classical Instrument?

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »
Love it. It's one of the best music genres ever.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 04:59:44 PM »
Classical music is the product of evolution from 1000-2000 in Europe.
It has influences of our people, and of the middle east.
Jews mostly like it, but don't see it in a self-hating manner please.
But Jews are very well represented in the world of classical music.
My favourite composer is J.S. Bach
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 05:06:29 PM »
Was Bach Jewish?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 05:07:25 PM »
Was Bach Jewish?
I have no clue if he was

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 05:11:18 PM »

WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART --- I LOVE Montavanni.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 05:14:56 PM »
The Bach family is German, and has some traces in Tchecho - slowakia.
J.s. Bach incorporated all the best composers' styles from 1700's, and combined this in the most holy style of music ever known.
The best composer of Jewish descent, is Gustav Mahler, or (in the beginning) Arnold Schoenberg.

Mendelssohn is also famous, and the operacomposer Meyerbeer as well.

A very famous Jew was Heinrich Heine. A lot of German lieder (piano and voice) are set on texts of Heine.

In Russia one should not forget to listen to Alfred Schnittke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Schnittke .

Lots, lots, well let's say a big amount of brilliant violinists in todays' orchestras are Jews.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »
The Bach family is German, and has some traces in Tchecho - slowakia.
J.s. Bach incorporated all the best composers' styles from 1700's, and combined this in the most holy style of music ever known.
The best composer of Jewish descent, is Gustav Mahler, or (in the beginning) Arnold Schoenberg.

Mendelssohn is also famous, and the operacomposer Meyerbeer as well.

A very famous Jew was Heinrich Heine. A lot of German lieder (piano and voice) are set on texts of Heine.

In Russia one should not forget to listen to Alfred Schnittke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Schnittke .

Lots, lots, well let's say a big amount of brilliant violinists in todays' orchestras are Jews.

Well, I LOVE Itzak Pearlman- LIVE in the FIDDLERS HOUSE  O0
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 05:32:13 PM »
Yes Meyerbeer has written the "Hugonottes"   O0

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 05:40:52 PM »
German music is some of the most beautiful in the world.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 05:44:02 PM »
Re:  "...Classical Music what are your thoughts about it?"

Today the term itself is actually misused to label most, but not all, European musics employing western musical instruments, tertian triadic harmony, and ending about the time of Beethoven's first few symphonic compositions.

I, too, misuse the term in the same way, so as not to make an impression on others of being an "egghead"  ;D, but in colloquial speech almost all European musical forms beginning with the composer Palestrina, and continuing on through to the modern works of Charles Ives & others, are kind of "thrown into the mix" and called "Classical".

I personally consider it the greatest musical art form in history; which is somewhat arguable when the classical forms of ancient India are compared to it, yet the almost universal acceptance and love for our European Classical forms across the globe from places as culturally different as India, Japan, Korea, and China, would seem to give evidence backing my opinion.  The Classical music of India is probably much more complex and difficult to perform than our western model, but at the same time hasn't found a receptive audience as has our western music.

Much academic argument has been made over the question of "Could Jews actually originate "Classical" music, or are they simply geniuses at performing the music which they themselves could not create?"  The evidence, in my opinion, seems to side with the Jews for the most part being unable to "create" these forms, if for no other reason being that the development of all western music forms were inextricably linked first to the Church of Rome, and later on linked to the Protestant Church.  Few Jews during those times were on an "equal" social basis in Europe, and this meant that only the "most assimilated" among them were allowed apprenticeship and study within the musical culture of Europe.  It's not a 100% argument, but for the most part Classical Music owes its creative genius to Italy, Germany, Austria, and England.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 05:46:31 PM »
i don't what that opera is about.
probably about the genocide on the Hugenotes? I saw a film about the murder on the hugenotes when I was I child. Horrible!! Many of them fled to Berlin. I heard 25% of the Berliners were Hugenotes from France one time...

Wagner, when he immigrated from Riga to Paris (Remember Der Fliegende Hollander - the ship took three weeks for that journey, and it nearly sank. )  he met Meyerbeer, and never got real help from him. There his anti-semitism started, according to the books i read. Wagner's anti-semitism was of a profound influence. As was his "friend" Nietzsche.
Read the letters they wrote to each-other.

Yes Meyerbeer has written the "Hugonottes"   O0

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 05:57:59 PM »
Define "Classical Music"  Do you mean like Baroque (Mozart, Beethoven) or Renaissance, or something else.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »
Re:  "...Classical Music what are your thoughts about it?"

Today the term itself is actually misused to label most, but not all, European musics employing western musical instruments, tertian triadic harmony, and ending about the time of Beethoven's first few symphonic compositions.

I, too, misuse the term in the same way, so as not to make an impression on others of being an "egghead"  ;D, but in colloquial speech almost all European musical forms beginning with the composer Palestrina, and continuing on through to the modern works of Charles Ives & others, are kind of "thrown into the mix" and called "Classical".

I personally consider it the greatest musical art form in history; which is somewhat arguable when the classical forms of ancient India are compared to it, yet the almost universal acceptance and love for our European Classical forms across the globe from places as culturally different as India, Japan, Korea, and China, would seem to give evidence backing my opinion.  The Classical music of India is probably much more complex and difficult to perform than our western model, but at the same time hasn't found a receptive audience as has our western music.

Much academic argument has been made over the question of "Could Jews actually originate "Classical" music, or are they simply geniuses at performing the music which they themselves could not create?"  The evidence, in my opinion, seems to side with the Jews for the most part being unable to "create" these forms, if for no other reason being that the development of all western music forms were inextricably linked first to the Church of Rome, and later on linked to the Protestant Church.  Few Jews during those times were on an "equal" social basis in Europe, and this meant that only the "most assimilated" among them were allowed apprenticeship and study within the musical culture of Europe.  It's not a 100% argument, but for the most part Classical Music owes its creative genius to Italy, Germany, Austria, and England.
All you say is correct. But do not forget the roots of the Christian "Gregorian" chant (1-voice) is Jewish and Syriac.
The first music of the church (unitarian pre 300) is Jewish-Greek....
However, of the music of the ancient Greeks/Romans/Germans/Jews, we actually know almost nothing.

pope Gregorius I endorsed a mass program of "de-easternising" chruch music.
all quarter tones, and most half tones were forbidden from then on .
This led to the "Church modes", that wre named (incorectly after the [different] Greek modes)
D to D : Dorian
E to E : phrygian
F to F : Lydian
G to G ; Mixo-Lydian
A to A : eolian - became minor
B to B; locrian
C - C  : Ionian

The evolution of counterpoint is indeed not Jewish. But it is west-European - Catholic - especially English (1200-1300 canon) north-French - Flemish 1200-1500 /and later Italian for a large part. After Palestrina(who saved the Catholic polyphonic music during the concily of Trente, (not a naziPLO guy BTW)   Then Italy, France, Germany certainly are the major centres of Baroque.

Harmony was  "invented" in Italy. (Primo and secunda prattica).
1600- 1900 is fantastic music.

later harmony (1900) resulted into atonality and worse.

Which is anti-music.

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 07:07:49 PM »
Classical Music what are your thoughts about it?

Louis Hector Berlioz.

It's so POWERFUL!