Poll

Classical Music do you listen to it

Yes love it
No hate it
Dont care for it
What the point of it

Author Topic: Classical Music  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Classical Music
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 12:02:34 AM »
Who is your favorite composer ?

Beethoven.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 12:05:10 AM »
The Bach family is German, and has some traces in Tchecho - slowakia.
J.s. Bach incorporated all the best composers' styles from 1700's, and combined this in the most holy style of music ever known.
The best composer of Jewish descent, is Gustav Mahler, or (in the beginning) Arnold Schoenberg.

Mendelssohn is also famous, and the operacomposer Meyerbeer as well.

A very famous Jew was Heinrich Heine. A lot of German lieder (piano and voice) are set on texts of Heine.

In Russia one should not forget to listen to Alfred Schnittke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Schnittke .

Lots, lots, well let's say a big amount of brilliant violinists in todays' orchestras are Jews.

Don't forget Alkan.

He died after attempting to get the Tanach down from the top of his bookshelf which subsequently toppled over and crush him.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 12:08:08 AM »
  O0
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 12:22:20 AM »
Define "Classical Music"  Do you mean like Baroque (Mozart, Beethoven) or Renaissance, or something else.
Renaissance : dominated by Flemish and North French composers :
Guillaume Dufay,   Jean d'Ockeghem, Josquin des Prez, Adriaan Willaert, Orlando di Lasso.   

Baroque : J.S. Bach/Vivaldi ;  Classical : Haydn/Mozart ; Romantic : Van Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mahler.

Actually I like all composers of the so called "Iron Repertoire" from 1700-1900. Before and after that, I am a little more critical.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 01:57:35 AM »
Define "Classical Music"  Do you mean like Baroque (Mozart, Beethoven) or Renaissance, or something else.
Renaissance : dominated by Flemish and North French composers :
Guillaume Dufay,   Jean d'Ockeghem, Josquin des Prez, Adriaan Willaert, Orlando di Lasso.   

Baroque : J.S. Bach/Vivaldi ;  Classical : Haydn/Mozart ; Romantic : Van Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mahler.

Actually I like all composers of the so called "Iron Repertoire" from 1700-1900. Before and after that, I am a little more critical.

Beautiful righteous music  O0, compared to the dreck we have today  :P :P :P

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 02:23:11 AM »
I love Mahler!
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Offline Boeregeneraal

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2008, 08:48:09 AM »
ofcourse! :)

Its my favourite music!!!