Author Topic: Youtube posts real Al qaida videos but bans JTF  (Read 2788 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Youtube posts real Al qaida videos but bans JTF
« on: May 20, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »
http://www.news.com/8301-10787_3-9947536-60.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5   

2008 1:44 PM PDT
So now Eric Schmidt is an al-Qaida fellow traveler?
Posted by Charles Cooper 21 commentsSenator Joe Lieberman earlier today publicized a letter he sent to Eric Schmidt demanding Google remove "content produced by Islamist terrorist organizations from YouTube."

The Connecticut Senator wants all videos mentioning or featuring these groups removed from YouTube--including videos featuring legal nonviolent or non-hate speech.

When I learned that Lieberman wanted Google to pull what he described as "terrorist content" from YouTube, my first thought was that his PR director obviously was incapacitated. But no, this was a team effort in scare-mongering.

Searches on YouTube return dozens of videos branded with an icon or logo identifying the videos as the work of one of these Islamist terrorist organizations. A great majority of these videos document horrific attacks on American soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan. Others provide weapons training, speeches by al-Qaeda leadership, and general material intended to radicalize potential recruits.
Google isn't going to play ball. Here's what the company had to say:

Senator Lieberman's staff identified numerous videos that they believed violated YouTube's Community Guidelines. In response to his concerns, we examined and ended up removing a number of videos from the site, primarily because they depicted gratuitous violence, advocated violence, or used hate speech. Most of the videos, which did not contain violent or hate speech content, were not removed because they do not violate our Community Guidelines.

That important distinction was glossed over in Lieberman's official communications with the company. Of course, Google's refusal to play ball may get it featured as a candidate for Bill O'Reilly's Talking Point segment, but management's entirely right to stick by its principles. Lieberman's gone hunting with a blunderbuss, lumping violent and hateful content together with unpopular points of view. In this instance, Google did no evil.

I know we're about to get into the thick of the political silly season, but no less than a veteran U.S. Senator should take a look at the United States Constitution now and then. It's one heck of a document. Really.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Youtube posts real Al qaida videos but bans JTF
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »
Not only that they also allow filthy rap music videos and other crap. 
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »
YES BUT THEY WERE ALLOWING OFFICIAL AL QAIDA SITES TO POST
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 11:32:20 AM »
YES BUT THEY WERE ALLOWING OFFICIAL AL QAIDA SITES TO POST

I hope the youtube staff dies from cancer.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »
HERE LOOK FROM HOMELAND SECURITY            http://hsgac.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?Fuseaction=PressReleases.Detail&PressRelease_id=8093d5b2-c882-4d12-883d-5c670d43d269&Month=5&Year=2008&Affiliation=C   

May 19, 2008   

LIEBERMAN CALLS ON GOOGLE TO TAKE DOWN TERRORIST CONTENT
YouTube Videos Are Produced by Al Qaeda and Other Terror Organizations; Videos Show Attacks on U.S. Soldiers, Civilians

WASHINGTON – Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Joe Lieberman, ID-Conn., Monday called on Google to remove Internet video content produced by terrorist organizations such as Al-Qaeda. The videos – readily available on YouTube –show assassinations, deaths of U.S. soldiers and civilians, weapons training, incendiary speeches by al-Qaeda leadership, and other material intended to encourage violence against the West.

The videos are branded with Al-Qaeda logos – a practice detailed in a recent bipartisan Committee staff report entitled “Violent Islamist Extremism, the Internet, and the Homegrown Terrorist Threat.” These production logos are easily recognizable, making it easy for Google to remove them from its Internet sites. Lieberman called on Google to enforce its own community standards against videos that show gratuitous violence or people getting “hurt, attacked, or humiliated.”

“Islamist terrorist organizations use YouTube to disseminate their propaganda, enlist followers, and provide weapons training,” the Senator said in his letter. “YouTube also, unwittingly, permits Islamist terrorist groups to maintain an active, pervasive, and amplified voice, despite military setbacks or successful operations by the law enforcement and intelligence communities…

“Protecting our citizens from terrorist attacks is a top priority for our government. The private sector can help us do that. By taking action to curtail the use of YouTube to disseminate the goals and methods of those who wish to kill innocent civilians, Google will make a singularly important contribution to this important national effort.”

Following is a copy of the letter:

May 19, 2008

Dr. Eric Schmidt
Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Google, Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

Dear Dr. Schmidt:

YouTube is being used to share videos produced by al-Qaeda and other Islamist terrorist groups. The purpose of this letter is to request that Google implement its own policy against this offensive material, remove these videos from YouTube, and prevent them from reappearing.

Today, Islamist terrorist organizations rely extensively on the Internet to attract supporters and advance their cause. The framework for much of this Internet campaign is described in a bipartisan staff report released last week by the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs (“Committee”), which I am privileged to chair, titled Violent Islamist Extremism, the Internet, and the Homegrown Terrorist Threat. The report explains, in part, how al-Qaeda created and manages a multi-tiered online media operation that produces content intended to enlist followers in countries all over the world, including the United States. Central to this media campaign is the branding of content with an icon or logo to guarantee authenticity that the content was produced by al-Qaeda or allied organizations like al-Qaeda in Iraq, Ansar al-Islam (a.k.a Ansar al-Sunnah) or al-Qaeda in the Land of the Islamic Maghreb. All of these groups have been designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTO) by the Department of State.

Searches on YouTube return dozens of videos branded with an icon or logo identifying the videos as the work of one of these Islamist terrorist organizations. A great majority of these videos document horrific attacks on American soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan. Others provide weapons training, speeches by al-Qaeda leadership, and general material intended to radicalize potential recruits.

In other words, Islamist terrorist organizations use YouTube to disseminate their propaganda, enlist followers, and provide weapons training – activities that are all essential to terrorist activity. According to testimony received by our Committee, the online content produced by al-Qaeda and other Islamist terrorist organizations can play a significant role in the process of radicalization, the end point of which is the planning and execution of a terrorist attack. YouTube also, unwittingly, permits Islamist terrorist groups to maintain an active, pervasive, and amplified voice, despite military setbacks or successful operations by the law enforcement and intelligence communities.

YouTube posts “community guidelines” for users to follow, but it does not appear that the company is enforcing these guidelines to the extent they would apply to this content. For example, the community guidelines state that “[g]raphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone getting hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don’t post it.” Many of the videos produced by one of the production arms of al-Qaeda show attacks on U.S. forces in which American soldiers are injured and, in some cases, killed. Nevertheless, those videos remain available for viewing on YouTube. At the same time, the guidelines do not prohibit the posting of content that can be readily identified as produced by al-Qaeda or another FTO.

I ask you, therefore, to immediately remove content produced by Islamist terrorist organizations from YouTube. This should be a straightforward task since so many of the Islamist terrorist organizations brand their material with logos or icons identifying their provenance. In addition, please explain what changes Google plans to make to the YouTube community guidelines to address violent extremist material and how Google plans to enforce those guidelines to prevent the content from reappearing.

Protecting our citizens from terrorist attacks is a top priority for our government. The private sector can help us do that. By taking action to curtail the use of YouTube to disseminate the goals and methods of those who wish to kill innocent civilians, Google will make a singularly important contribution to this important national effort.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this critical matter and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Joseph I. Lieberman (ID-CT)
Chairman, Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs 

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 11:46:43 AM »
It's a shame, the original youtube was actually a pretty nice community, once google bought it out, it went down the tubes.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »
It's a shame, the original youtube was actually a pretty nice community, once google bought it out, it went down the tubes.
true now money is the bottom line

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »
Zootube says it's about free speach. So they let Hamas and the PLO post there
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 12:15:51 PM »
Why can'nt JTF post thats my question

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
They also allow Yousef al khattab to spew his hatred unstopped but when Chaim tries to deliver a righteous message, they remove his vids. I really think they have a few muzzies working on the zootube staff and they are causing the problems.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »
They also allow Yousef al khattab to spew his hatred unstopped but when Chaim tries to deliver a righteous message, they remove his vids. I really think they have a few muzzies working on the zootube staff and they are causing the problems.
I think they are filled with moslems

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 02:32:38 PM »

Because they are liers and it's not really about free speach it is about an inside agenda that they won't let anyone know.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 03:49:47 PM »
Youtube has allowed this kind of filth for years. Thet ban JTF of course and tv episides of doug, or rightious material. But all of the hate videos stay. Zootube is pathetic.

Well said, Cosmokramer, I agree Zootube is just looking for Jihad videos and the world to be Jihad Utopia filth.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »
I really don't consider Youtube the real "Youtube" anymore, it's just another google product, that's all. It's owned by a big corporation. It's like Napster, the original Napster was great but then a new company bought the rights to it and marketed as a pay per song type service and they are corporate whores. I don't hold Youtube specifically responsible but rather Google because it is google that is in charge of Youtube, they only keep the name Youtube around for marketing purposes. It's like Nextel, it's not Nextel anymore, it's owned by Sprint even thought Spring wasn't the technology that made the radio talk famous.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 09:13:15 PM »

Because they are liers and it's not really about free speach it is about an inside agenda that they won't let anyone know.

It's because zootube is anti-Semitic and afraid of the truth.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »

Yes they are they dont like people speaking the truth

Offline jakennc

• New JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 11:35:04 PM »
Of course they do. Like all Liberals, they believe that Al-Qaida should have their 1st Amendment Rights even though they aren't even posting from in the US.  And funnier still is that Al-Qaida will cut their heads off too when they take over.  I actually think a Liberal would willingly submit to the sword of Al-Qaida just to show how tolerant they are.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 12:03:06 AM »

That's exactly, the problem plus they are proud Nazi scum