Author Topic: Meretz member caught destroying eruv  (Read 8831 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Meretz member caught destroying eruv
« on: July 14, 2008, 09:15:20 AM »
Meretz members should be beaten with axe handels tills their brains are splattered                       

Meretz Activists Burn Poles Used for Sabbath Observance

(IsraelNN.com) Left-wing Meretz party activists were caught burning poles that are used for the establishment of the "Eruv" on the Sabbath, according to a Kol Chai radio report quoted by Yeshiva World News. Meretz is generally considered a secular party with anti-religious elements.

The Eruv consists of a series of a poles connect by a wire that establishes legal boundaries in which Jews are allowed to carry objects on the Sabbath. Hillsides also can often be used as part of the Eruv.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/149851
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:17:22 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Meretz member caught destroying eruv
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »
Just wanted to tell our religious Jewish members that meretz secular jews do not represent the non Orthodox Jews...There are decent non-Orthodox Jews out there too..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:20:59 AM »
Just wanted to tell our religious Jewish members that meretz secular jews do not represent the non Orthodox Jews...There are decent non-Orthodox Jews out there too..
Meretz represents leftists not none orthodox Jews,i know that but it's good you put that in in case someone does'nt know it
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »
Meretz represents leftists not none orthodox Jews,i know that but it's good you put that in in case someone doesn't know it

I want to set an example for the toher way around..for the religious Jews that also misbehave and act rude...because many religious Jews are doing the right thing and when one bad apple comes from them, it turns off non-religious Jews to Judaism...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:25:44 AM »
Meretz is essentially an Arab party. One of their knesset members Avshalom Villan, calls himself "Abu" Villan. Meretz is the equivalent of code pink in the USA.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 03:10:08 PM »
Meritz puts down eruv's , Religious Jews should burn down Israeli clubs. (after Shabb-t of-course).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 03:38:31 PM »
Just another good reason that Jews should stop relying on Eruvs.

Who knows what happens after shabbat starts. If they cut one wire, the heter is over.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 03:45:33 PM »
Just another good reason that Jews should stop relying on Eruvs.

Who knows what happens after shabbat starts. If they cut one wire, the heter is over.

Rav Bar Haim is agains't the Eruv? And if yes why would someone be agains't them if they help people have a better Shabb-t. I dont really carry anything, but their is an eruv here, and if I need to carry something in the future (for example the baby carriage) it would definitly make things a lot easier. BUT even though I have not really learned much about this issue and just rely on what I am told by the Hachamim (and my Rabbi expecially) in the community, I also once was wondering of why it is allowed, because it is essentially making the neighborhood into 1 domain, but I asked myself how could it be when you have many people living here, including non-Jews, and their property isn't really concidered part of one domain, even though they have been paid $.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 03:55:46 PM »
I just found out that the Eruv was established by Shlomo Hamelech Alav Hashalom and the Sages.
   THE BEN ISH CHAI EXPLAINS WHY THE ERUV IS NOT A LENIENCY
In the Gemarah it is written: When King Salomon peace be upon him established the law of the Eruv and the washing of the hands [Netilat Yadaim], a celestial voice declared:  “My Son if your heart is wise, my heart will be also gladdened (Mishle 23:15). Talmud Shabbat 14. And one can ask Why do they said this verse when he also instituted Netilat Yadaim and not only regarding the Eruv? And it seems to me with the help of heaven, that when the law of Eruvim were established, there arose the opportunity for foolish and simple people to argue that the Eruv was established for enjoyment, in order to lift the heavy burden of the prohibition to carry from one place to the other and that the intention is not Le Shem Shamaim and the spirit of Hashem is not involved in this decree; But after King Salomon also decreed Netilat Yadaim which involves great discomfort and a great yoke which forbids man to eat without washing his hands, and sometimes it is very cold and it is difficult to wash, and sometimes there is no water ready for Netilat Yadaim, then we see the great burden King Salomon brought upon him and upon the whole world, But through this we see that the spirit of Hashem is present with King Salomon and that his actions were Le Shem Shamaim, and then we see that the spirit of Hashem was also there in the decree of Eruvim and that it was not decreed to take any burden away, G-d forbid,  and then given that he issued the two decrees of Eruvim and Netilat Yadaim the verse says about him: “My son if your heart is wise…to hold on to the truth and the real will of Hashem then my heart will also be gladdened because now my son you are wise in having decreed Netilat Yadaim  and you will prevent any criticism on having instituted Eruvim so that no one will say that from your heart you wished to establish the Eruv in order to derive pleasure and he who makes light on the words of the Sages is as if he opposes and contradicts the SHECHINA. (The Ben Ish Chai, Ben Yehoyada Shab 14)
          From Israel613.com  -under topic- Eruv

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
A true Eruv according to the talmudh is when you take separate courtyards and you make an eruv so that people can carry from one to the other.

But, Tzvi, tying a plastic string around a city and calling it an eruv is not according to the Torah. It is a fraud.

If you don't beleive me, learn Mesekheth Eruvin in the Mishna and then tell me whether the Mishna is speaking about an eruv as I have described or if it is talking about wrapping a string around a metropolis and pretending it is a courtyard.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »
A true Eruv according to the talmudh is when you take separate courtyards and you make an eruv so that people can carry from one to the other.

But, Tzvi, tying a plastic string around a city and calling it an eruv is not according to the Torah. It is a fraud.

If you don't beleive me, learn Mesekheth Eruvin in the Mishna and then tell me whether the Mishna is speaking about an eruv as I have described or if it is talking about wrapping a string around a metropolis and pretending it is a courtyard.

But how would that look, would one have to physically break down the fences and make one big yard (so to speak) surrounded by a wall?
  And also how was it done in places like Baghdad for example where Jews and non-Jews lived near one another, yett why does the Ben Ish Chai speak well about it?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »
I guess you say courtyard doesn't mean "enclosed space".

How do you define courtyard based on the way the mishna defines or uses the term?

We do sometimes generalise I think.
For example.
Rodef applied to aborting foetuses.  
I was told that a rodef is when A is running after B and B is running away.
Yet we say that a foetus that endangers the pregnant woman's life, that foetus is considered a rodef, albeit an innocent one.

Fire applied to Electricity
the mishna and gemara don't mention electricity. It didn't exist.
Just not to start a fire on shabbat.

Now.. I don't actually know te details of the rodef thing and the electricity thing. I know there is something big about the electricity thing, .. and alot more to it. So my post is very open  and non conclusive in that sense.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 08:06:47 PM »
Meritz puts down eruv's , Religious Jews should burn down Israeli clubs. (after Shabbat of-course).

That would just cause another eruv to be cut down. When we are dealing with other jews, we should try to change their ways with love and kindness. You will only fix this by making the non religious want to emulate the religious.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 08:21:42 PM »
Meritz puts down eruv's , Religious Jews should burn down Israeli clubs. (after Shabbat of-course).

That would just cause another eruv to be cut down. When we are dealing with other jews, we should try to change their ways with love and kindness. You will only fix this by making the non religious want to emulate the religious.

No it wont, they would hate it when we destroy their religious domains, so they would get the point of staying out of ours.

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 08:35:39 PM »
par for the course for these slime... nik.
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 11:31:47 PM »
We already knew meeretz was scum but this goes way beyond any human decency.   This is a blatant attack on what they hate most - Jews. 

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »
no... they hate G-d and torah-true judaism the most... more than just us torah jews... we are just their vehicle for venting their hatred of Hashem and torah... nik.
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 03:07:19 PM »
We already knew meeretz was scum but this goes way beyond any human decency.   This is a blatant attack on what they hate most - Jews. 

??? They have done far greater bad things (not that i'm minimizing this), but their whole existence and creation is anti-Torah and Anti-G-d , and they dont even try to hid it.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 09:03:13 PM »
I have heard many bad things about mapai doing violence against religious jews.

how do mapai and meretz differ?

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 10:59:06 PM »
meretz are neo-pagan cultists and mapai are satanic-communists... meretz concentrates on destr. the physical parts of eretz yisroel and the jewish people... while mapai looks to eradicate the spiritual component of both... nik.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:55:59 AM by nikmatdam »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 11:15:33 PM »
I had suspected that meretz was leftist secular, and mapai was very very anti religious..

from what you have said, I think you that kind of confirms it!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 03:07:24 AM »
I had suspected that meretz was leftist secular, and mapai was very very anti religious..

Mapai was ben gurion's party.  They informed on the Jewish underground to the British, and later they were the ones who orchestrated the torture of the Sefardim.   

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 03:54:53 AM »

Mapai was ben gurion's party.  They informed on the Jewish underground to the British, and later they were the ones who orchestrated the torture of the Sefaradim.   

I know about the informing and what they did to sfardim.. I know leargely from hearing rabbi kahane.

What materials did you read of it in ?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 08:55:44 PM »
This is sick that Israel doesn't kick them out of the counrty
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 12:22:04 AM »

Mapai was ben gurion's party.  They informed on the Jewish underground to the British, and later they were the ones who orchestrated the torture of the Sefaradim.   

I know about the informing and what they did to sfardim.. I know leargely from hearing rabbi kahane.

What materials did you read of it in ?

I saw it in some of Rabbi Kahane's writings, but also in some work about Jabotinsky and the revisionist zionists, an article and a website by another scholar.... I can't remember right now where I read about it, but I'll look for my links.    Do a search of "The Season" and you can probably find some good sources.   A lot of the early leaders were traitors working as agents for the british.   Their ideological descendents are today running the israeli govt.