Author Topic: Northern Aggression  (Read 11482 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Northern Aggression
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2008, 01:42:08 AM »
Wasn't Borat's "throw the jew down the well"  routine done in a southern state of the USA, like texas?

How do you know it wasn't in some state like Wyoming or Idaho? You assume everyone that wears cowboy hats are from Texas?

I've never even been to the USA.

Anyway, I said "like texas"

He sang the song at a country music club in Tucson, Arizona

Good find ;). Yep Arizona isn't the south :D
Yeah it's Mexico :D

Exactomundo  :::D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2008, 01:49:10 AM »
Wasn't Borat's "throw the jew down the well"  routine done in a southern state of the USA, like texas?

How do you know it wasn't in some state like Wyoming or Idaho? You assume everyone that wears cowboy hats are from Texas?

Muy Bien

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2008, 01:56:22 AM »

Muy Bien

Urp!

{musta been the beans  ;D  :laugh: }

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2008, 06:55:44 AM »
Some of us Northerners believe the bible too.......:)

The North many people don't realize was very anti semitic while the South welcomed Jews

That is because the south is bible believing
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2008, 09:53:33 AM »

Good. I wish more did, because the Northeast is a real pain in the behind every four years come President-electing time.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2008, 03:36:15 PM »

The North many people don't realize was very anti semitic while the South welcomed Jews

Indeed some of us do!
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2008, 04:35:42 PM »

Indeed some of us do!

All regions of the USA need more bible believers.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »

Indeed some of us do!

All regions of the USA need more bible believers.

I believe the time is coming when the WHOLE WORLD will be filled with Hashems glory. Nobody will be able to deny it. Amazing acts will be known amongst the nations. When Moshiach is here there will be no doubt. I feel the rumblings of the coming of Moshiach and I am trying to be ready in my mind and in my soul to make the move to Eretz Yisroel, our Holy Land. An era of peace and progress will be ushered in as the prophets have foretold. It may seem like a pipe-dream but this is where we are heading. This era we live in was seen by our holy prophets. When the young will not respect the old and the cost of things skyrocket. When the world seems like it is most upside down is when Moshiach will come. When the evil seems to be winning and the righteous are like fools. This is the time we are living in. When pimps and hoes are flaunting their lifestyle while the honest man suffers it is the time of Moshiach.

We can, through our thoughts, speech, and deeds, make this world a better place. We cannot force people to believe, we can only show them the benefits of believing. The mission which was passed to the Jewish people was to be a light amongst the nations, bringing the Shechina {divine presence} into the physical world. I believe America was so succesful because of our basic belief in the words of Hashem to his Children at Mount Sinai. And it is because of the loss of these beliefs that America fell so far after WWII.

Thank you,
muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2008, 05:37:45 PM »
I must respectfully disagree with your calling The Civil War or The War Between The States -  The War of  Northern Aggression.
From what I understand of history the first shots were fired by the South.  ;)
I realize that I may not have a popular view on the forum but I'm going to stick to calling it the Civil War when I discuss that period in history.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2008, 05:57:45 PM »
I must respectfully disagree with your calling The Civil War or The War Between The States -  The War of  Northern Aggression.
I realize that I may not have a popular view on the forum but I'm going to stick to calling it the Civil War when I discuss that period in history.

Yes, I agree. We should not be re-opening the wounds of that war. I just thank the L-rd that peace was achieved. I grew up in New England so I guess Im a Yankee at heart. I bear no malice against the south and think the war was terrible for all involved. My family only arrived in this great country in the early 1900s so we were not involved with this conflict. My family left pogroms in Ukraine and Poland where they were killing my people.

We are of similar opinions in many areas and we should concentrate on strengthening those areas.

muman613

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2008, 06:10:47 PM »

Yes, I agree. We should not be re-opening the wounds of that war. I just thank the L-rd that peace was achieved. I grew up in New England so I guess Im a Yankee at heart. I bear no malice against the south and think the war was terrible for all involved. My family only arrived in this great country in the early 1900s so we were not involved with this conflict. My family left pogroms in Ukraine and Poland where they were killing my people.

We are of similar opinions in many areas and we should concentrate on strengthening those areas.

muman613

O0

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2008, 07:01:23 PM »
The wounds are still open and bleeding, there's no need to re-open them, they're open and have never healed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2008, 07:15:12 PM »
The wounds are still open and bleeding, there's no need to re-open them, they're open and have never healed.

Ruby,

I am very sorry it still is hurting. It is hard for me to imagine how difficult it must be to have lost loved ones in that conflict and still be able to unite as one nation. What is it which will ease your pain?

muman613

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »

Ruby,

I am very sorry it still is hurting. It is hard for me to imagine how difficult it must be to have lost loved ones in that conflict and still be able to unite as one nation. What is it which will ease your pain?

muman613

The South has been hurt by people like Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and others who represent the Northeastern, leftwing, extreme liberal, high taxes, government controlling everything, agenda. The people in the North will suffer for it too but many of them don't know it yet and they keep voting for these filthy animals.

Most soldiers who fight and die for the USA today are from the South and yet they come back to a nation that disrespects them and makes fun of them and calls them racist, rednecks, backwards, white trash, etc.

Their heritage is slandered and either lied about and made out to be about slavery, or condescendingly referred to etc.

Traditional Biblical values are smeared as being homophobic, backwards, and all kinds of other things.

The Northeast has done everything it can to completely destroy state's rights. We can't even outlaw abortion in the South because big old powerful central government tells states what they can and cannot do, or else.

The cannons and muskets might not be firing anymore but the ideological and cultural rift goes on.

I don't know what would make it better, but I think as I said that everyone in this nation needs to look at Biblical values and also realize that government is not the solution to everything and we shouldn't be taxed to death.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2008, 07:38:26 PM »

Ruby,

muman613

The South has been hurt by people like Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and others who represent the Northeastern, leftwing, extreme liberal, high taxes, government controlling everything, agenda. The people in the North will suffer for it too but many of them don't know it yet and they keep voting for these filthy animals.

Most soldiers who fight and die for the USA today are from the South and yet they come back to a nation that disrespects them and makes fun of them and calls them racist, rednecks, backwards, white trash, etc.

Their heritage is slandered and either lied about and made out to be about slavery, or condescendingly referred to etc.

Traditional Biblical values are smeared as being homophobic, backwards, and all kinds of other things.

The Northeast has done everything it can to completely destroy state's rights. We can't even outlaw abortion in the South because big old powerful central government tells states what they can and cannot do, or else.

The cannons and muskets might not be firing anymore but the ideological and cultural rift goes on.

I don't know what would make it better, but I think as I said that everyone in this nation needs to look at Biblical values and also realize that government is not the solution to everything and we shouldn't be taxed to death.

Ruby,

This is a very good reply. I do agree that the south gets a bad reputation because of false reports. I personally don't blame any of the people who live in the south for the things which happened 100s of years ago. It is also true that I dont hold what happened 60 years ago in Germany against the people of Germany today. I work with people from all over the world, including some Germans.

I know that the majority of Northerners are Democrats and liberals now. But I grew up in a house where my father was a right wing republican all his life {still is}. My mother is a life long Democrat. Only because I matured due to life experience did I come back to Torah and Mitzvot.

muman613

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2008, 07:41:24 PM »
Muman I wish you the best.  O0

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2008, 08:01:30 PM »

Ruby,

muman613

I take offense at being lumped in with the likes of Ted Kennedy and John Kerry  ;)  even if I have been one of the dreaded North Easterners my whole life.
I think you paint us with quite a broad brush RubyStars. 
We are not all as you described.  Far from it.  :)
Many young people from the  North East are serving side by side in the military with those great young people from the South.
I, in fact, know many of them.
I don't think it makes a difference where they come from when on the battlefield.  We, and they, are either United or we die.
Muman is a very nice person and a Northerner to boot.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »
I take offense at being lumped in with the likes of Ted Kennedy and John Kerry  ;)  even if I have been one of the dreaded North Easterners my whole life.
Many young people from the  North East are serving side by side in the military with those great young people from the South.
I don't think it makes a difference where they come from when on the battlefield.  We, and they, are either United or we die.

I don't mean any offense to you or other honorable people.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Re: Northern Aggression - Robert E. Lee Says It Best
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2008, 08:16:21 PM »
Robert E. Lee says it well in his quote:

"So far from engaging in a war to perpetuate slavery, I am rejoiced that Slavery is abolished. I believe it will be greatly for the interest of the South. So fully am I satisfied of this that I would have cheerfully lost all that I have lost by the war, and have suffered all that I have suffered to have this object attained."
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »

I don't mean any offense to you or other honorable people.
I know that RubyStars.  :)
I just don't believe we should be a divided country.
There are really great people in the North and the South.
That is obvious by the members of the forum.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2008, 08:37:05 PM »
A while back someone asked me what I meant by the War of Northern Aggression. This video explains it very well. I disagree with the author of the video somewhat on his opinions of Lincoln, because I do think that Lincoln was an honorable man who wanted to heal relations as much as possible after the war and would have done so if not assassinated.

I believe I was the one that asked you that a few weeks ago and I found the video raised some issues for me that I need to look into. It really is sad when you think about it that so many people died over issues that should have been settled in congress without a shot being fired. Your video talks about confiscatory taxation and that may have well been one of the problems but where I disagree with the video is the fact that they play down the slavery aspect of the times. Plain and simply southern plantation owners did not want to give up their slaves. They had no way to run the tobacco and cotton plantations without cheap labor. I would have much rather that slavery never existed and blacks were left in Africa where they were because we are paying the price for bringing them here for that reason today. The northern slave traders and the southern plantation owners all share in the blame for leaving us with the scourge we have on today's society. I can see how bad feelings might be present for 50 or 75 years after the conflict but for this to be an issue in the south today is really sour grapes.The dynamics of the country has changed so much that it really is pointless to hold grudges like this any longer. Northerners and Southerners today are so far removed from that time its almost as if you were talking about things that happened in another world. I think there are economic advantages to living in different parts of the country today but I think it has a lot more to do with economics and not the Mason Dixon Line.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »
I know that RubyStars.  :)
I just don't believe we should be a divided country.
There are really great people in the North and the South.
That is obvious by the members of the forum.

I would like to see all regions of the United States come together as a single nation with common goals and values one day and for true healing to happen.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »
CJD, it's not sour grapes at all. The issue is still very relevant.  I suppose I can't change your mind about that. Anyway, I couldn't remember who asked, but I'm glad I could finally explain a little better what I meant.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »
CJD, it's not sour grapes at all. The issue is still very relevant.  I suppose I can't change your mind about that. Anyway, I couldn't remember who asked, but I'm glad I could finally explain a little better what I meant.
Thanks for posting the video it was interesting. I will look into the taxation angle when I get some time. I just don't see how in the long run a divided America would work out as time went on. The mindset on the Civil War is very different for people here in the north. For us right or wrong its almost a non issue. With all the multitude of problems today its hard to look so far into the past for problems. I guess the loss of life during combat and then what the south went through during reconstruction makes it a lasting issue.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muslimslayer0075995

• Senior JTFer
  • the death of islam will benifit the world
    • zionist republic
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2008, 09:38:47 PM »
the south was if anything good, my school population is taught what turns out to be propoganda, i mean were taught only of the harsh times and people of the south, its sickening and i am glad that the last generation was at least taught with a fair telling of both sides

They also try to make it out that every slave was daily whipped and raped. While that did occur sometimes, it was hardly a life of pure torture all the time for every black slave. Many slaves lived contentedly and loyally with their masters.

Thanks to brainwashing, it's not just northern schools but southern schools teach us to be guilty as well saying Dixie "had" to lose and it's this guilt that we're still forced to feel over the whole thing. There is less racism in the south than there is in the north, even white supremists don't really want to live in the North anymore, their all relocating to the northwest to Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon, etc.

I was confused because I learned in school that the South was evil, and then my dad would talk about being proud of the South. It took doing some studying on my own to find out the truth.

That's how it was when I was up north too, were taught the South was evil. I remember one of the kids in our class was crying because he had a failing grade and said that his dad was going to send him to Texas for school and the teachers like "no no no! You don't want to go there, the school systems in the south are pretty bad and there's a lot of racism down there!", brainwashing at it's finest. The north likes to shelter everyone from the truth.

Regardless of the fact the South is officially part of the United States, The North And South are still apples and oranges, their quite different.

This about proves how ignorant people still are about the South

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071126220400AArBs1A

These idiots still claim South is racist

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqxYMMmUSCMakhMnlzqwqBwjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20071013102209AADIJXa

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhhALqjjDe.kzt_j2whzgBkjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20060802170613AAs63yn
the reason so many people are openly brainwashed in the north is because african americans cannot grasp the idea of being equal, its a cop out that many use as a way to gain sympathy  >:(
islam isnt relgion its perpetuated hatred of the infidels