Author Topic: What is your opinion about the new war in South Ossetia?  (Read 56145 times)

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Re: What is your opinion about the new war in South Ossetia?
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2008, 08:47:57 PM »
Ever heard of the Shahab system? All based on Russian designs with modern technology.

thats not a russian ICBM.... its just an iranian upgrade of the ancient SCUD missile.  Not modern at all, very unreliable.

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2008, 08:48:36 PM »
It's easy to say it's the president not the people who bombed us!I can say it's president of Russia who is bombing Georgia not the Russian people!But who elected that president?Didn't senate approved the bombing?Doesn't they all represent majority of people?I am sorry my friend is like me saying to you America is not your friend.As i sad we all have our differences so lets just respect each other.
The vast majority of the Russian public is nationalistic, pro-Putin, and anti-Georgia. This is fact. Georgians are hated throughout Russia for "defying" it.

BTW the Senate did not approve the bombing as I recall. It was a unilateral declaration made by Clinton.
Senat could stop him if they wanted too!He gave them insurance that it would be only air strike!They could stop him if they wanted too!
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2008, 08:51:43 PM »
I cannot beleive what I am seeing.  How can any reasonable person side with Russia here. 

Russia wants us wiped off the map.   Mark my words.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2008, 08:52:34 PM »
thats not a russian ICBM.... its just an iranian upgrade of the ancient SCUD missile.  Not modern at all, very unreliable.
1: The Scud is a Russian design.
2: The Russians are probably sharing guidance and warhead-separation technology based on the new Topol system with the Iranians.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »
Many Republican senators did want to stop the airstrikes and were trying to hold emergency hearings on it.

And no, Russian intervention would not have caused WWIII. Clinton was a word that rhymes with "wussy" and would have backed down quickly.

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2008, 08:54:34 PM »
2: The Russians are probably sharing guidance and warhead-separation technology based on the new Topol system with the Iranians.
Probably is the key word!We don't know anything about this and we are discussing it like we know it all.

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »
I cannot beleive what I am seeing.  How can any reasonable person side with Russia here. 

Ok stop with insalt ok!"Reasonable person".US would do same thing to Russia too!

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2008, 08:56:34 PM »

the warhead doesn't separate from the scud...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2008, 08:59:15 PM »
The Shahab is not the same thing as a Scud. It is a Scud VERY heavily modified with Russian help. Comparing a Scud to the most recent models of the Shahab is like comparing a .22 rimfire with 5.56. It is a couple generations removed from it, and we don't have a lot of good intelligence on what its warhead-targeting systems are.

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2008, 09:02:37 PM »
The Shahab is not the same thing as a Scud. It is a Scud VERY heavily modified with Russian help. Comparing a Scud to the most recent models of the Shahab is like comparing a .22 rimfire with 5.56. It is a couple generations removed from it, and we don't have a lot of good intelligence on what its warhead-targeting systems are.
As i remember they have lunch 4 and 1 or 2 of them didn't hit the target so i don't think they are advance as you say.Am i right?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »
That is a 50% hit rate, very good. And they are getting more Russian radar and fire-control by the day.  :(

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2008, 09:05:08 PM »
That is a 50% hit rate, very good. And they are getting more Russian radar and fire-control by the day.  :(

LOL how is a 50% hit rate good?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2008, 09:05:36 PM »

post some evidence of russia helping them with this missile please.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »

I have also read of Russia supplying Iran with weaponry, but more importantly, Russia has been the driving force behind Iran's nuclear program, and it was only with the uranium shipment agreement with Russia that Iran was able to build a program at all!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2008, 09:26:36 PM »
Ever heard of the Shahab system? All based on Russian designs with modern technology.

Actually the Shahab-3 is a Iranian ICBM based off the North Korean RODONG-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nodong-1

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2008, 09:30:19 PM »

I have also read of Russia supplying Iran with weaponry, but more importantly, Russia has been the driving force behind Iran's nuclear program, and it was only with the uranium shipment agreement with Russia that Iran was able to build a program at all!

In fact I still remember to this day, Russia's statements at the signing of those agreements, when they "assured" the world by saying "don't worry, Iran won't use the uranium for any weapons program, they promised us and we promise you, it is only for energy."   LOL, I remember laughing then at what a joke those claims were, and now we have seen where that went.....   Not so funny anymore.

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2008, 09:34:35 PM »
Are we talking about Georgia or Iran here?

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2008, 09:39:16 PM »
Are we talking about Georgia or Iran here?

I don't know, people were mentioning Russia's arming of Iran, so I commented on it.   I do not care for Russia at all.   The place is full of Jew-hating garbage and Russia is arming Iran, after it abused and persecuted millions of Jews under its Soviet Regime.   There is just no way I can possibly sympathize with Russia in this affair.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2008, 10:35:36 PM »
Quote from: KahaneWasRight-BT
I don't know, people were mentioning Russia's arming of Iran, so I commented on it.   I do not care for Russia at all.   The place is full of Jew-hating garbage and Russia is arming Iran, after it abused and persecuted millions of Jews under its Soviet Regime.   There is just no way I can possibly sympathize with Russia in this affair.
Amen. Russia is a modern-day Babylon and threatens the entire earth.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2008, 11:37:28 PM »

In fact I still remember to this day, Russia's statements at the signing of those agreements, when they "assured" the world by saying "don't worry, Iran won't use the uranium for any weapons program, they promised us and we promise you, it is only for energy."   LOL, I remember laughing then at what a joke those claims were, and now we have seen where that went.....   Not so funny anymore.

you know that Iran has uranium mines, right...

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2008, 12:02:40 AM »
Anyhow there is still a good time when the Iran should be targeted and not merely talked. O0

Forget Georgia and go for Iran and the Iranian King will be caught in Egypt. ;)
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2008, 12:16:14 AM »
The moot question again, who was behind Sakashvilli?

Only someone who can be an immediate beneficiary...

Maccain can not be benefited by the imbroglio in Georgia.

So it has to be a some one with a so-called aura behind him.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2008, 12:47:48 AM »

Ok stop with insalt ok!"Reasonable person".US would do same thing to Russia too!

OMG, I cant beleive I have to explain this. There is a huge difference.   If you cant tell the difference between the US and Russia, then you cant tell the difference between Israel and the Arab world. 

In case you havent figured out the difference.... here it is:

If Israel dropped its millitary.... it would dissapear.
If the Arab world dropped its millitary.. both Israel and the Arab world would live in peace.

If USA/west dropped its millitary.... Russia would seize control and anex the west.. ASAP.
If Russia dropped its millitary.....  the west and the USA would NOT anex Russia.... we would do nothing other than ensuring that there is a democracy there.

If you don't believe my above statements... than I can't argue with you.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2008, 02:16:05 AM »

you know that Iran has uranium mines, right...

source?   Proof?    From what I have read, Iran is NOT one of the world's uranium-mining countries.   

Needless to say, it has nothing to do with the point that I already made, which is that Russia made a deal to send its spent nuclear fuel to Iran for a so-called "energy program" that russia and Iran promised would NOT be used for a nuclear weapons program (which it was, and if you believed that promise when it was made, you had to be quite naive or ignorant or both).   So whether or not your statement is correct, which I suspect it isn't, it seems to have nothing to do with anything I said, so why exactly did you say it? 

Now I must ask you, did you have a point, and if so, what exactly WAS your point?  Please elaborate.    And this will also require proof of your claim which I seriously doubt especially considering the deal with Russia.   Whether what you said was true or false, it has no bearing on what I said.   So obviously you are intending something else.   But someone making "know-it-all" quips like you should at least have facts to back himself up.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2008, 02:30:40 AM »
Bottom line, it seems that Georgia started the fight.  Russia has the right to do whatever she feels like...However, I'm personally rooting for Georgia because Russia is a more evil nation.

The reason why I take the stance that Russia has the right to do whatever it wants is because I feel that if an Arab nation attacks Israel, SHE has the right to raise all hell on that Arab nation and take over its land.

So for the record, I will not be a hipocrit.

Nations can fight each other..it is their right...however, war is a terrible thing because it results in chaos, heartache, and the death of innocent civilians. I prefer a world with peace than one with war. I prefer love over hate.  I prefer togetherness and friendship over seperatism and enemies.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein