Author Topic: Mccain chooses Palin - Wow  (Read 22576 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Mccain chooses Palin - Wow
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »
Was she a 'loving' mother?
You're not fooling anybody. This isn't about her being a "good mother". It's about her being a woman.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »
the second most stressful and time consuming job in the world.
PS this is way, waaay off. Unless the prez croaks or there is a tie in the Senate, the veep doesn't do jack squat.

CF is correct about this. VP gets to lay low most of the time. Probably not even in the top ten of stressful leadership jobs in the USA.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2008, 06:20:45 PM »
Here's my two cents. 

Governor Palin seems like a nice, Bible believing, conservative Christian woman.  So considering her already large (by today's standards) family, and how she refused to abort this baby, I think it's pretty safe to say that she wouldn't have become McCain's running mate if she believed her family would suffer. 

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2008, 06:20:56 PM »
So the big objection to Palin raised in this thread is that she won't be able to be a good mother to her children if she becomes VP ?

How has she done so far raising her kids while being Governor of Alaska ?

If that's the best critque of, and concern about Palin, McCain might have made a wise decision.

I don't know enough about Palin to form a solid opinion about her, but I'm definitely not going to second guess her selection based on the assumption that she can't be a good mother and an executive politician simultaneously.

Somehow, I have a feeling that her kids will get all the mothering, nurturing and care that they need.

I'm more concerned about her performance so far as Governor of Alaska, whether she's anti-Islam and pro-Israel, and what type of President she might make.

Whether she can be a good mother to a child with Down's syndrome, if she's elected, is the least of my concerns.

I would have loved for my mother to have been POTUS or VPOTUS with all those secret service agents around. It would be a chance to get some range time in with a full auto MP5 or UZI. 
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2008, 06:28:37 PM »
Somehow, I have a feeling that her kids will get all the mothering, nurturing and care that they need.

I bet they won't. What time would she get home? What time would she leave? There is only 24 hours in the day.

I can't believe I am alone on this board arguing this point. I guess some people's conservatism doesn't go very deep. What does conservative values mean to you? But, most importantly, how can I trust a woman who runs on a conservative platform and does something antithetical to conservative principles? I guess, she is a total hypocrite. I am simply amazed that no one on this forum thinks it's morally wrong for a mother of a sick baby to run for the second most stressful and time consuming job in the world.

Shalom Masha, even poor people must go to work and leave their sick children in the care of others. This does not make a bad parent. Our New VP candidate has made a choice to make a difference for all Americans, we are up against some really evil people now, we need all the help we can get and I appreciate her difficult decision ( that must affect her deeply ) regarding not caring personally for her child. I think her decision was based on what is best for our Country. She will have some element of guilt for not being with her child on a daily basis. I stayed home with my children while they were young and growing up. But others may not have that same oppertunity.
Some parents who stay home beat their children, or do worse things. I am sure her special needs child will have the absolute best care. Each parent does their best for their children given their circumstances.

Shalom from Dox

P.S. Shabbat Shalom  

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »
Here's my two cents. 

Governor Palin seems like a nice, Bible believing, conservative Christian woman.  So considering her already large (by today's standards) family, and how she refused to abort this baby, I think it's pretty safe to say that she wouldn't have become McCain's running mate if she believed her family would suffer. 

I agree. And I think she's going to do a very good job debating Biden, and will be an asset to the ticket.

Osama Hussein must be defeated.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2008, 06:36:01 PM »
Also, we should be showing Governor Palin more respect for keeping this baby when most mothers abort their Down's babies.  As Vice President, Palin will have access to the best medical care this country has to offer. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2008, 06:47:16 PM »
That's what I said from the get-go, Lisa. This proves that she is a righteous and genuinely pro-life woman.  O0

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2008, 06:51:40 PM »
So the big objection to Palin raised in this thread is that she won't be able to be a good mother to her children if she becomes VP ?

How has she done so far raising her kids while being Governor of Alaska ?

If that's the best critque of, and concern about Palin, McCain might have made a wise decision.

I don't know enough about Palin to form a solid opinion about her, but I'm definitely not going to second guess her selection based on the assumption that she can't be a good mother and an executive politician simultaneously.

I'm more concerned about her performance so far as Governor of Alaska, whether she's anti-Islam and pro-Israel, and what type of President she might make.

Whether she can be a good mother to a child with Down's syndrome, if she's elected, is the least of my concerns.

Sarah Palin is a member of the Assemblies of G-d Christian denomination,   which is Pro-Israel .     O0
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2008, 06:51:55 PM »
Also, we should be showing Governor Palin more respect for keeping this baby when most mothers abort their Down's babies.  As Vice President, Palin will have access to the best medical care this country has to offer. 

Shalom Lisa, at first I was not sure if a woman was a good pick, but I have been hearing only good things about her so I am optimistic now that she is going to be an asset for McCain and our Country. Palin could have got rid of her child because it was not perfect, but she chose to have a special needs baby despite the difficulties she would be faced with. Palin's decision is the perfect example of a ( sparkling neshoma  ) this is what G-d desires in all human beings.
I admire her and am more confident now that we will win this election. G-d willing please !

Shalom from Dox
P.S. Shabbat Shalom Lisa

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »
Isn't it FANTASTIC and WONDERFUL how God works!!!    O0
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2008, 06:53:55 PM »
That's what I said from the get-go, Lisa. This proves that she is a righteous and genuinely pro-life woman.  thumbsup

That's right, C.F.  This is a genuinely pro life woman who practices what she preaches.  So I don't think it's fair to accuse her of lacking in family values, or of being a bad mother.  

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2008, 06:55:01 PM »
That's what I said from the get-go, Lisa. This proves that she is a righteous and genuinely pro-life woman.  O0

I think this is a brilliant choice because it will clearly polarize voters.  Voters are now presented with the question, "Are you on the side of death or are you on the side of life?"  Obama is not just pro-abortion; he also supports partial birth abortion, and was the only senator to vote against medical care for babies who have survived the abortion procedure.  In other words, Obama is for murder.  I hope the McCain team makes a big deal out of this, and I think that they will.  Palin will be criticized for "lack of experience", but I don't think that this is going to turn voters off as much as the democrats think it will.  On the contrary, she will be seen as "untainted".  If voters bother to put even an ounce of thought into this election, they will vote republican.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »
Isn't it FANTASTIC and WONDERFUL how G-d works!!!    O0

Absolutely!

Words can't even describe how grateful I am to G-d and how excited I am about John McCain selecting Sarah Palin as his running mate.    
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2008, 07:13:51 PM »
Masha, why do you say she's against family values.  She chose life over abortion.  Her oldest son has joined the army and will be serving in Iraq. 

If she is pro family values, how could she even think of being the Vice President, while having a little baby who is very sick. Everybody was criticizing Blair when Cherie had a baby, saying that he won't have time for his duties. Ans now it's a new mother running for the office. My relatives have a Down child. The mother had to quit her job completely and stay with the child full time, because they need constant attention.
Masha - her baby is not sick.  It has Down Syndrome.
Maybe she can hire a Nanny to  help care for her children.
Michelle Obama may be free during the next four years.  ;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2008, 08:34:44 PM »
He made a huge mistake. He should have gone with Romney.

I agree. Without Romney, McCain is weak against Obama.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2008, 08:43:46 PM »

I disagree.  Romney is not tremendously popular.  There was little excitement over him.  Huckabee was much more likeable.  Palin, on the other hand, is smart, earnest, decent, and easy on the eyes.  I think McCain made a bold and inspired choice.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2008, 09:11:16 PM »

I disagree.  Romney is not tremendously popular.  There was little excitement over him.  Huckabee was much more likeable.  Palin, on the other hand, is smart, earnest, decent, and easy on the eyes.  I think McCain made a bold and inspired choice.
I agree!
   There isn't much negative press on Palin, but I'm sure the evil media will come up with something...

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2008, 09:20:36 PM »
The press keeps saying her selection has invalidated McCain's claim that Obama doesn't have any credentials or experience. For one thing, she is running for VP not POTUS. And for another thing, she has accomplished more in the last 20 months as governor in Alaska then Obama has in his whole life. And that probably goes for every darn democratic senator and congressman as well.   >:(

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »

Too bad McCain will still lose.

He might lost if we don't get off our duffs, vote - and get out the vote!.
You can take it to the bank; every black church, every black organization, every Muslim Mosque, every Muslim organization in every town and city across this country will get their people to the polls- even bus 'em in.
Every person who stays home, votes third party or 'write in' in helping to put Barack Hussein Obama into the White House.
McCain is the only thing standing in his way.
Hit the forums. Hit the newspapers. Spread the word. Expose this monster to all your contacts.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »
Question #1- how many Presidents were parents of young children when they were in office.
A vast majority of them.
Question #2 - do people who have much harder and lower paying jobs than the VP who have children have to work for a living.
A vast majority of them.
Question #3 - just exactly what constitutes acceptable experience for the President and Vice President position?
?????

Me and my wife both work, raised two children who are both doing well, one just started college, and we do not make anywhere the kind of money the VP does or have the kind of support system the VP does.
There is a father in the picture. Maybe there is extended family around to help also?
Being that one of my children is a female, who want's to be an engineer, I am kind of relieved that some of the people I just heard from here are not in policy making positions.

Minutes after the announcement was made some idiot from NOW was already attacking her saying she does not really count as a woman because of her pro life stance.

So far, everything I have heard about this woman is a positive.
I am mostly concerned with the two thgings I have not heard anything about concerning her, and I have been looking, is her view/stance/opinion, etc. on
islam and illegal immigration.

Also, regardless of all the photoshopped stuff hitting the internet, and I say this as a committeed happily married man, for a 44 year old with five kids she is hot.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »
Excellent post firster555.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2008, 10:35:19 PM »

I agree!
   There isn't much negative press on Palin, but I'm sure the evil media will come up with something...

Great Quote    O0

Shalom from Dox

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2008, 10:48:46 PM »
I think a lot of this nitpicking about Palin is a bit petty.  If she is qualified and looks like she is I been going over her resume and there isnt really that much negative to say about her.  She fought corruption even in her own party and won, she is strongly against abortion, her own son is off to fight in Iraq, she is against gun laws.  And someone like Romney may not also get the energy up against bible believing Christians, she will get that and no one loses the South and becomes president.  So far I like her I can care less if she is a woman.  If she has that strong conservative background then I am willing to give her a try.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
So far, everything I have heard about this woman is a positive.
I am mostly concerned with the two thgings I have not heard anything about concerning her, and I have been looking, is her view/stance/opinion, etc. on
islam and illegal immigration.

These are my sentiments exactly.  She's great on all the social issues, but I'd like to hear how she feels about the national security/foreign policy issues like Iran, Israel, and the border issue.  She could be another Pat Buchanan for all we know.

A VP doesn't have as much clout on foreign issues as the president
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!