Author Topic: Any thoughts about this video idea  (Read 2511 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Any thoughts about this video idea
« on: February 10, 2007, 10:23:45 PM »
All,

I'm thinking about making a video about how Islam abuses women. I need to pick a song for it. I'm thinking about this one, but the words aren't that comprehensible. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Face Down. Does anyone have any better ideas. I want to use something that was played a lot on the radio either now or sometime within the last ten years.
   Any ideas for what I can include in terms of abuse. Here are some things I can think about in no real order.

1. The woman is the man's property to do whatever he chooses. She must be subservent.
   2. They cut off the woman's cliterous, often with broken bottles.
   3. The woman has to walk three steps behind their man.
   4. They have to wear that burka to cover their faces. In some countries they pour acid on the woman's face if she is not wearing one.
   5. Rape is permitted and the woman is usually the one that gets blamed.
   6. They hang the sheets after a woman gets married. If there is no blood, she is damaged property and gets killed.
   7. When the husband dies, the woman gets buried alive with him.
   8. In the Koran, Hell is composed mainly of women because they are always complaining.
   9. Women are often denied an education and the right to own property or work for a living.

Please add to the list if you can.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: Any thoughts about this video idea
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 11:29:54 PM »
Even though we think Madonna is evil, her song 'Like a Virgin' would make people want to watch this and send it to their friends.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: Any thoughts about this video idea
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 05:35:38 PM »
Even though we think Madonna is evil, her song 'Like a Virgin' would make people want to watch this and send it to their friends.

It sure was and still is a popular song, but how does it fit in with Muslim abuse against women? I know the religion is obsessed with the concept of virgins, but I don't know how I can use that for a JTF video.
   Her song "I'm keeping my baby" or is it called "Papa don't preach" might fit in well if I wanted to make a JTF pro-life video, but I don't feel abortion is one of the top priorities when it comes to JTF positions. I don't want to go off-topic with the abortion issue. If anyone wants to discuss it, you can create a new thread for it.

Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?