Author Topic: Evangelicals and mesianic we must convert Jews  (Read 9983 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Evangelicals and mesianic we must convert Jews
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 05:02:44 PM »
I have Evangelical friends they never tried to convert me :)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 05:04:21 PM »

How are their communities?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 05:07:46 PM »
 :love:  MORD I LOVE YOU!!!!!!    :-*  I must talk to you!!!

:::D
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 05:08:50 PM »
How are their communities?
They have a Church down the road from me most are educated nice people.I think in some respects they are similar to Jews they  don't necessarily follow their leaders
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 05:09:48 PM »
I AM NOT AN EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN. I am a Catholic Christian. I condemn this.

Catholics!!!!!!
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 05:16:12 PM »
They have a Church down the road from me most are educated nice people.I think in some respects they are similar to Jews they  don't necessarily follow their leaders

:)

If they focus on themselves it is great. So we can live together.  :dance:

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 05:23:08 PM »
:love:  MORD I LOVE YOU!!!!!!    :-*  I must talk to you!!!

:::D

:doctor:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 05:24:20 PM »

DId they tell you about the torture rooms yet?

:laugh: :::D

Joking, it was a joke...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »
No but they have a ping pong table :laugh:

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 05:28:55 PM »
No but they have a ping pong table :laugh:

Ohh, I like ping pong, havn't played in years though......

Do they have a coffee shop?  ;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »

No they have free coffee ;D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »

Watch out for Christian ping pong balls. The Catholics fill them with holy water and when you hit them too hard and they break. And SPLASH yoou are showered in holy water and automatically converted... Dont believe me? Ask PJC.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 05:36:17 PM »
Watch out for Christian ping pong balls. The Catholics fill them with holy water and when you hit them too hard and they break. And SPLASH you are showered in holy water and automatically converted... Don't believe me? Ask PJC.

Hey you were supposed to keep that a secret

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 05:37:02 PM »
Mum- "I have already partially converted several believers in the man-G-d."

???  

And also- "Jews are allready saved"

???  Their is no, "Saved" or "not saved" in Judaism, these are all foreign concepts, and ways of saying things. Jews have the Torah, and being born a Jew, does not grant salvation, or whatever else. It does grant 1 thing- opportunity, and special mission.  
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 05:37:29 PM »
No they have free coffee ;D

Well, I meant that TOO......

:laugh:

Some of them SELL the coffee now...... >:(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 05:41:20 PM »
There is more than one way to convert a Jew...

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 05:42:38 PM »
There is more than one way to convert a Jew...

:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2008, 05:44:28 PM »
I think we have a stand up comic in our midst..... 8)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2008, 05:48:38 PM »
Nope. Jewish comedians are always funnier.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2008, 05:58:30 PM »
Mum- "I have already partially converted several believers in the man-G-d."

??? 

And also- "Jews are allready saved"

???  Their is no, "Saved" or "not saved" in Judaism, these are all foreign concepts, and ways of saying things. Jews have the Torah, and being born a Jew, does not grant salvation, or whatever else. It does grant 1 thing- opportunity, and special mission. 

Tzvi,

You understand my point then. Jews intrinsically are born with a connection to Hashem. We believe that Hashem blows the Neshama into our bodies at the time of conception. We have a connection to him which over time can become broken. This is where Teshuva comes in. Every Jew is Already Saved because Hashem is waiting for us to make Teshuva. There is no need for external salvation since the re-connection comes from us. No external thing can 'save' us from the judgment of the heavenly tribunal.

I have several goyim who come to me weekly and ask questions about Judaism. These people are very interested and I point them in the correct directions to make a kosher Orthodox conversion. This is the only conversion which I personally recognize, and the only conversion which I believe Hashem recognizes.

My point is basically that a Jew doesnt need to be saved because we are born with a built in method of rectifying our aveirahs.

muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »
"We believe that Hashem blows the Neshama into our bodies at the time of conception"

Technically wrong. We get the Nefesh. Neshama we get- if normal at 13 (and some say later, expecially in this low generation). Infact in another way we really get parts. The more Mitzvot, etc. we do the more of the Neshama we recieve- we become more and more complete so to speak. And the ultimate level of Neshama is prophecy.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2008, 07:48:12 PM »
Tzvi and Muman, how exactly does a Jew get "saved" (I know you don't use that term, but whatever the equivalent is in Hebrew)? What specific things determine whether a Jew goes to heaven or hell in Torah?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »
Tzvi and Muman, how exactly does a Jew get "saved" (I know you don't use that term, but whatever the equivalent is in Hebrew)? What specific things determine whether a Jew goes to heaven or hell in Torah?

For sins- hell (but hell is a different thing then what most people believe- yes it is very painfull, etc. But its ultimate goal is cleansing process- cleaning one of all the impurities that one was not able to himself get ride of (that accumulate through different sins).
  Another thing for sins (OR also many times, for not completing the Mitzvot or the level one had to accomplish)- Reincarnations. And it is in different things- all depending on what one did or did not accomplish. Could be things like rocks, or dogs (which is mostly only for forms of punishments) OR back as a Jew , which is also not the best (concidereing the alternative of being in Heaven- or World of Souls which is a better place), BUT the different thing is that a Jew once again has the opportunity to make a tikkun (or correction) for what he/ or she was missing. Also elevate the level of their soul.
  The worst thing is Kah Hakella (but very very rarly a Jew would be in that category) - a soul has no rest for eternity, its the worst punishment ever. A soul kind'ov flies and has demons constantly hitting it.
   Also another punishment- is even being in Heaven- But going through the shame. Which is very big, becuase you have no where to hide. Everyone Knows becuase the spiritual "body" is shows the good and the dificiencies. (Unless, one has a very special "Cloak" which is the cloak of Emuna, which is a garment, that covers the spiritual body, so others wouldn't be able to see the dificiencies.
   Heaven- Torah and Mitzvot. Also Vidduy (confession) and Tishuva (Repentence- which on top of that gets ride of alot of the sins, and infact can even make the sins into mitzvot, if Tishuva out of true love for G-d.) Learning Torah every day. Getting other Jews to connect to G-d. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2008, 08:27:53 PM »
"We believe that Hashem blows the Neshama into our bodies at the time of conception"

Technically wrong. We get the Nefesh. Neshama we get- if normal at 13 (and some say later, expecially in this low generation). Infact in another way we really get parts. The more Mitzvot, etc. we do the more of the Neshama we recieve- we become more and more complete so to speak. And the ultimate level of Neshama is prophecy.

Tzvi,

You may be correct, but could you please provide a reference to this idea? I have found support for my suggestion in this quote:

http://www.shemayisrael.com/parsha/peninim/archives/beshalach64.htm

Va'ani Tefillah

Bircas Elokai Neshamah - the blessing of the Restoration of the Soul.

In the brachah, Asher Yatzar, we thank Hashem for the wonders of our body and the blessing of physical health. In the brachah, Elokai Neshamah, we recognize the significance of our spiritual dimension and offer our gratitude to Hashem for the daily restoration of our soul. Let us focus on the meaning of neshamah tehorah shenosatah bi, "the pure soul that You gave me." We believe that the neshamah within each Jew is a chelek Elokai mi'Maal, a part of Hashem Above. It is essentially pure, having been breathed into us from Hashem. The Zohar Hakadosh on the pasuk in Bereishis 2:7, "He (Hashem) blew into his (Adam's) nostrils a living soul," says, "If one blows into another, he breathes something of himself into him." Therefore, we must be acutely aware that the neshamah within our bodies is a part of Hashem that is with us always. The neshamah is created distinct from the body, and, therefore, survives it. The soul is eternal and basically represents the essence of a human being. It descends to its physical repository, so that it may fulfill mitzvos. The body gives up the soul at the end of human life, and the soul returns to its source. It must then give a reckoning of its accomplishments - or lack thereof - on this world. This is the story of life, a story that repeats itself "nightly" when we go to sleep. These are the ideas that should go through our minds when we say Elokai Neshamah.

Now I understand the difference between Nefesh {which is just a living being} and Neshama {which is a spiritual and holy entity}.. But this Drash by Rabbi Scheinbaum seems to support my statement.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »
Mum- go to http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Daniel_Cohen/index.html

08/28/07 Practical Essence of Tikkun 

Around 54 Minutes and on (maybe earlier it starts on this subject specific). But I highly, highly recommend this shiur (the whole thing, even more then once, believe me it is worth it, but if you have time for only 1 time, then it is better then nothing) One of a kind, believe me. He is one of the best Rabbi's. But the bad thing is that he doesn't teach that much publicly, and also not everyone of his lectures is for everyone becuase some are in English and some in Russian.) He teaches nightly but usually to a small group at his house. I was at his house once, I wish I lived near him so I would attend.
  Also, correction about me saying you can get Neshama at 13, its possibility of getting Ruah.

If this is not enough, then Maybe I can find you other sources which go into these things deeper, etc. (Maybe find something in Likutei Moharan, dont remember exactly where though, right now).