Author Topic: Chaim mentions an ideal govt for Jews would be a righteous monarch  (Read 6811 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Chaim mentions an ideal govt for Jews would be a righteous monarch
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2008, 01:36:27 PM »
Zelhar, surely you are joking here. Otherwise, you just insulted the entire movement. Your saying that Kahanism would install an idol-worshipping king is nothing short of an abomination. I urge you to repent of such blasphemy.
My point is that if Kahanists were to install a hereditary rule, than it is a possible outcome to eventually have a wicked evil King like Menasseh, who was a legal heir to the throne of David.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2008, 04:26:20 PM »
Zelhar, surely you are joking here. Otherwise, you just insulted the entire movement. Your saying that Kahanism would install an idol-worshipping king is nothing short of an abomination. I urge you to repent of such blasphemy.
My point is that if Kahanists were to install a hereditary rule, than it is a possible outcome to eventually have a wicked evil King like Menasseh, who was a legal heir to the throne of David.

That is why their is the Sanhedrin. And when the system is working correctly, then if their is a situation where the king goes agains't the Torah, then he is not listined? What is the problem? (and obviously at the time, the system didn't work correctly the way it should, or else the king would not have been followed if he was wicked).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »
<snip>
 That is why their is the Sanhedrin.

THERE

Any primary school child knows the difference between THERE and THEIR.

You get it wrong so frequently.

THERE <-- Point with your finger,  Over There
THEIR <-- Belonging.

At least you spelt it right.. Thank G-d for small miracles.   Or perhaps big miracles in this case.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2008, 04:51:40 PM »
Here is an example to a 'Torah King': http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt09b21.htm#1
(2 Kings 21)
9 But they hearkened not; and Manasseh seduced them to do that which is evil more than did the nations, whom the LORD destroyed before the children of Israel.

Zelhar please think for a minute.   What does the secular anti-Torah government of Israel encourage the people to do?   Or "seduce them" as another way of saying it.  A lot like Manasseh huh?    Do you really think he was following Torah?   What makes him different in this passage from Olmert if he was encouraging idol worship or some other horrible sins (national suicide like Olmert encourages?) ?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 05:01:53 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 04:58:33 PM »
<snip>
 That is why their is the Sanhedrin.

THERE

Any primary school child knows the difference between THERE and THEIR.

You get it wrong so frequently.

THERE <-- Point with your finger,  Over There
THEIR <-- Belonging.

At least you spelt it right.. Thank G-d for small miracles.   Or perhaps big miracles in this case.
q_q_,

Your rebuke is a bit strong for such a small aveirah... It seems many people in this generation struggle with spelling errors. I have a good friend who runs a blog and I end up fixing his spelling and grammar errors.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2008, 05:09:36 PM »
mum- "aveirah... "

:laugh:   :P 
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2008, 05:27:17 PM »
Monarchism is the last thing I would wan't for Israel.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2008, 05:35:18 PM »
there already is "monarchism," only under a different name

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »
Here is an example to a 'Torah King': http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt09b21.htm#1
(2 Kings 21)
9 But they hearkened not; and Manasseh seduced them to do that which is evil more than did the nations, whom the LORD destroyed before the children of Israel.

Zelhar please think for a minute.   What does the secular anti-Torah government of Israel encourage the people to do?   Or "seduce them" as another way of saying it.  A lot like Manasseh huh?    Do you really think he was following Torah?   What makes him different in this passage from Olmert if he was encouraging idol worship or some other horrible sins (national suicide like Olmert encourages?) ?
Of course he wasn't following Torah, in fact he defied it completely and if I remeber correctly, had even made it illegal (which explains why a hidden Torah book was found at the days reign of his grandson Josiah). The difference is that Olmert can be overthrown by election, while with Menasseh they were stuck for 55 years.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »
(2 Kings 21)

Of course he wasn't following Torah, in fact he defied it completely and if I remeber correctly, had even made it illegal (which explains why a hidden Torah book was found at the days reign of his grandson Josiah). The difference is that Olmert can be overthrown by election, while with Menasseh they were stuck for 55 years.

zelhar, are you israeli and "taught tenach" by a non orthodox jew , in or when you were in school?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2008, 05:53:59 PM »
(2 Kings 21)

zelhar, are you israeli and "taught tenach" by a non orthodox jew , in or when you were in school?

Probably true, but what he brings is true, and I have already answered his dilema in the posts- like I said before. During the time, the system wasn't functioning correctly. In the correct system that will be B"H one day. A wicked king, and the wrong orders, are NOT to be followed. A king is also obligated by the Torah.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2008, 05:55:03 PM »
(2 Kings 21)

I'm Israeli and my Tanach knowledge is mostly self-acquired. I went to a secular school and they teach there according to "Bikoret Hamikra", mainly.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »
I'm Israeli and my Tanach knowledge is mostly self-acquired. I went to a secular school and they teach there according to "Bikoret Hamikra", mainly.

What's bikoret hamikra?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »

"Bikoret Hamikra"
Biblical criticism..

I asked because there do tend to be certain  stories here and there in a pattern, that are familiar to secular israelis.  I've heard them speak of a similar eposode to the one you mentioned. Kings of times when torah wasn't kept well.  These must be a focal point for some reason.  

My point is  to point iut that people know things, not from a  complete study, but elsewhere mentioning it or pointing them at one bit.

Like a reform minister quoting talmud.

That doesn't mean it's necessarily a wrong reading.  But one should know that is how it has been "studied".

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »

What's bikoret hamikra?

now you would know, but google would have told you in a second

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2008, 06:11:43 PM »
Why would google tell me a different language

And also, maybe I wanted to hear from Zelhar because his answer wouldn't be a wikipedia article or a google site.   It would be his own personal account based on his personal experience.   You can't get that (experiential info) from a google search.   Maybe I would have liked that.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:50:17 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
The story of Menasseh is taught in highschool but I used it as an example and I didn't bring up biblical criticism type of arguments (i.e that the source for the Priestly sources for the story were rebranding Menasseh as a kofer to excuse the religious reform that they were trying to install decades after his death...).

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2008, 06:35:39 PM »
We ask about Religious law being the law, and about religious enforcement in Israel, but why aren't we asking about the secular enforcement of their Kefira unto society?
 I mean I just got reminded about the "Biblical study" they have in Israel- isn't that itself something that is imposing unto others (and bad becuase they are criticizing the Torah, while not allowing Rabbis to come speak to the people and at the same time allowing the xtian missionaries, jihadists and probably other cults come in and teach their kefira to the public- But a Rabbi coming to a high school- NOOO that is too much. Their must be a seperation between Shul and state.
 Not only that, but what about the fact for example those people who would like, themselves and their children not being exposed to all the prostitues in the street. Or the billboards promoting products with immodesty, etc. Why should us and our children be made to pass by places with these things? At least with religious Coercion- the Boss is G-d Almighty. HE knows what is right and wrong, and thus commands it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2008, 06:49:07 PM »

I mean I just got reminded about the "Biblical study" they have in Israel- isn't that itself something that is imposing unto others
  Yes, it's sick and evil and is one of the first and primary things that needs changing.  They teach "torah" as if the real Torah is just some fairy tale that was cooked up. 

And one can only wonder how to justify the existence of a place on the basis of a "fairy tale."   No wonder they have stopped trying to justify it and instead have simply taken up the cause of the enemy instead.